1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S8: Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    [​IMG]
    Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 8
    Round 13: - Tuesday - 13/6/2017 - 20:00 BST
    Drivers' World Championship Leader: Mike W
    Constructors' World Championship Leader: Mercedes
    FIA Pole Trophy: Mikey Woolford (3)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Sean B (3)

Announcements

Questions to drivers:
    Everyone: Karl is on a roll right now and it would appear that nobody is able to touch him. What are the chances that he can make it 4/4 in Spa?

Everyone: Belgium, scene of the famous Spa-Francochamps, but is it actually that good?

Everyone: Drew has had his moment of failure, now Woolford has loaded a default setup. Who is next on the merry-go-round of bad decisions and luck?

Everyone: Who are your top 3 finishers for this race.?

Everyone: Can we have a fully wet weekend please?

2. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Everyone: Karl is on a roll right now and itwould appear that nobody is able to touch him. What are the chances that he can make it 4/4 in Spa?
    Depends if he gets affected by the slipstream glitch as soon as the inevitable happens and someone leaves the session on lap 1.

Everyone: Belgium, scene of the famous Spa-Francochamps, but is it actually that good?
    Having stood on it (nice brag) I can confirm it is steep as sh*t and probably feels awesome in an f1 car - despite being easy flat.

Everyone: Drew has had his moment of failure, now Woolford has loaded a default setup. Who is next on the merry-go-round of bad decisions and luck?
    Could be anyone. Tbh everyone is having a nightmare at the moment except for Karl.

1)Karl
    2)Andrew
    3)Guy

Feel like this question is more directed at the F1 gods and they have not been favouring you recently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Everyone: Karl is on a roll right now and it would appear that nobody is able to touch him. What are the chances that he can make it 4/4 in Spa?

Karl definitely seems to have quite a bit of momentum on his side. He's driving very well and I was stunned to watch him just take off after the SC restart (as I was right behind him). He was aggressive when he needed to be but still managed to maintain his strategy properly. I think he could continue to go on a streak but I know others are ready to win again as well.

I just love driving this track - it is breathtaking. I don't care what anyone says. A perfect lap is nearly impossible here but I tend to perform well here so we shall see. I drove poorly here last season but still managed a good result as others took themselves out of the race in front of me.

Yes, this past race for me was a carbon copy of my Austria performance, except in Germany's case I never actually felt comfortable. I couldn't find a setup that I felt comfortable with, so I just threw Mitchell's setup on right before the race start and hoped for the best. It was a difficult race for me but happy with my finishing position.
    I'm hoping Karl gets a puncture :)

1. Shellay
    2. Alex
    3. Ben

At this track, it's likely, but we shall see!

=======================================

For the next two weeks, I have to work evening shifts at my job, so I am requesting that we start as soon as everyone gets online - before 8pm sometime if possible if we get the whole lobby in. The earlier we finish the less I have to rush after the checkered flags. I pretty much have to log off as soon as my race is done so don't be alarmed if you see me shut right off after the race ends.

4. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    Probably quite high, although I do recall this was the one track in the F1 2015 Mini Season he became the very thing he swore to destroy, a corner cutter, so lets see :p

No. Its badly coded and the slipstream affects the outcome way too much.

Literally anyone, please don't forget @Shly38 and I at Germany too. I'm gonna go for Karl this time out, something has to stop him surely.

Mikey, Drew, Me (**** it why not)

Not here. Please not here.

5. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Except when you're following someone with 2-6 wings.

6. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    You motherfu-

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Cas_0807

Cas_0807

Ratings:
    +3
    Pretty big, it would be a surprise for me if he doesn't win the race.

I like the track quite a lot. I've been there myself when I was a kid and Eau Rouge looks amazing. :) I also like the flow of the track. Like every other track we're going to, it'll be the first time I'll do a league race on this track. I feel like I have decent pace, but we'll have to wait and see.

Could be anyone, I just have to make sure it won't be me. ;-)

1) Karl
    2) Mikey
    3) Andrew

I don't know why everyone is always praying for a wet race, but I'll pick dry conditions over wet conditions any day of the week.

8. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Because Mikey and Shellay are superhuman in the wet.
    Harry is pretty damn good as well.

9. Cas_0807

Cas_0807

Ratings:
    +3
    That's all the more reason for everyone except Mikey, Shellay and Harry to hope for an all dry weekend, right? ;-P

10. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +11

I think so, unless bad luck gets him

When I used assists I was pretty good at this track, had a few TT laps and suck.

I think I've had the worst luck the last few races. DNF Baku, Puncture at Austria, Wrong tyres at Hungary, got taken out 16 seconds into race at Germany, I'll be expecting nothing different at Spa

Karl
    Shellay
    Drew

Why not.

11. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    I need to send out an SOS for my rear grip here.

We may be seeing a repeat of last season.

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    I'd help you but I had the same issues at Germany

13. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    Don't even talk about issues at Germany.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    His pace has been crazy recently, then again there are many competitive guys in this league so I'd say he has less than a 50% chance, still better than everyone else's though :p

On the game it's kinda meh, the slipstream is so OP, had the glitch in a race on Monday and it destroys your race, so look forward to that... :/

Hopefully not me, I'd say whoever gets the glitch but so many people probably will I cant specify :p

Everyone: Who are your top 3 finishers for this race?
    1. Karl
    2. Alex (people forgetting him?)
    3. Me (if I avoid the glitch)

No! :p

15. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,130
    I think he won't do it here.

No.
    It was the scene of my only win in AOR, and PSGL (lol), but no.

Can only hope it's not me. This bad luck streak recently has been killing me.

Everyone: Who are your top 3 finishers for this race?
    1. Shellay
    2. Alex
    3. Me

Wouldn't mind one

16. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13

Questions to drivers:
    I think he has a good change. we will see

for me yes

i dont know maybe me. im now recovered from vomitting and stomach pain and havent practicing in belgium.

1: Mike
    2: Alex
    3: Andrew

Please give me a wet weekend.

17. Charlie89

Charlie89

Ratings:
    +2
    Is anyone around Sunday evening for a little practice?

18. jinCHEZ

jinCHEZ

Ratings:
    +133
    Not that well, just played some F1 and I do more drifting than I do on DiRT 4 :p jokes aside; as long as people are fair I think I have a shot.

It is as brilliant as people make it out to be. Been there quite a bit of times already, only once for F1 tho, but it's great to be there and walk around the track etc. Driving isn't too bad either...

I've had my **** already in the first part of the season so I hope not me, however, for me it doesn't have to be anyone ^^

1) Alex
    2) Wooly
    3) Andrew

Pff Full wet, that ain't fun. Some changing conditions sure, bring it on...

19. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    veryone: Karl is on a roll right now and it would appear that nobody is able to touch him. What are the chances that he can make it 4/4 in Spa?

Not too bad, but i think guys like myself, shellay or mikey are ready to break karls streak

Yes, yes and yes, you can just a get a fantastic flow on this track and it just feels extremely rewarding

harry needs some bad luck for his racing line usage

1.Shellay
    2.Myself
    3.Karl

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mitchell Haverlag

Mitchell Haverlag

Ratings:
    +75
    Unfortunately im not able to race tomorrow. I have a late shift. I will be back next week! Have a good one

• Sad Sad x 2