1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S8: Round 12 - German Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, May 31, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    [​IMG]
    Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 8
    Round 12: - Tuesday - 6/6/2017 - 20:00 BST
    Drivers' World Championship Leader: Mike W
    Constructors' World Championship Leader: Mercedes
    FIA Pole Trophy: Mikey Woolford (3)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Sean B (3)

Announcements

- Please welcome Cas as the new full time driver, his official car will be decided shortly

Questions to drivers:
    Everyone: Karl is on a roll right now and it would appear that nobody is able to touch him. What are the chances that he can make it 3/3 in Germany?

Everyone: Germany has alternated between the Hockenheimring (my computer wants me to change this to 'Chickenhearted' and Nurburgring ('Burglarizing'). Which of these two tracks is your favourite?

Everyone: Woolford is on a bit of a slump right now, having failed to produce the goods in his past 4 races. Is this a sign of just a bad run of form, or have the rest of the grid managed to catch up?

Everyone: Who are your top 3 finishers for this race.?

Everyone: Will it be a wet race for a change?

2. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,130
    1) Pretty good I would say. I think Alex will have the best chance of stopping him.
    2) Of the two I prefer driving Nurburgring, but I'm not really a fan of either layout.
    3) Maybe he got too scared of me ;)
    4)
    Karl
    Alex
    Me

5) Hope so. Means turn 1 will be taken at smaller speeds and less chances for me to cut it.

3. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    Everyone: Karl is on a roll right now and it would appear that nobody is able to touch him. What are the chances that he can make it 3/3 in Germany?
    3 in a row would be quite the achievement in this league, while I'm sure Karl will be up there I wont back him to win again, this is league racing, something always goes wrong at some point ;)
    Everyone: Germany has alternated between the Hockenheimring (my computer wants me to change this to 'Chickenhearted' and Nurburgring ('Burglarizing'). Which of these two tracks is your favourite?
    The old layouts of both circuits were better but of the new ones I'd just say Hockenheim due to how it allows side by side action, haven't driven the Nurburgring in years though.
    Everyone: Woolford is on a bit of a slump right now, having failed to produce the goods in his past 4 races. Is this a sign of just a bad run of form, or have the rest of the grid managed to catch up?
    I've only been here for the last 3 races so don't know what he's like when he's going well but I reckon the rest of the grid have caught up
    1. Alex
    2. Karl
    3. Me (as always, will happen someday! :p)
    I'd give it a 15-20% chance of being a wet race

4. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +81

germany is a good track for me unlike hungary, so i hope that they are not so big :)

OLD HOCKENHEIMRING!! but of these two the N├╝rburgring, because it has much more flowing corners which is sth i like much more

he extended his championchip lead, which is all he needs to do really!

1. Myself
    2. Wooly
    3. Karl

please not!

5. Walsh89-

Walsh89-

Ratings:
    +14

I wasn't here for Hungary but I know in Silverstone he drove a very dominant race so I'm sure he'll be strong again in Germany.

I'd probably say Nurburgring is my favourite out of the two but i don't mind Hockenheim either, maybe it would be better with the old layout through the forest.

Probably just a bad run of form and some bad luck but clearly Karl has stepped up his game in the last two races and Alex will always be there or thereabouts as well.

1. Alex
    2. Karl
    3. Wooly

I haven't seen it rain much at Hockenheim when I've raced there but F1 2016 does like to throw in more rain than real life. I'd say around a 40% chance of rain.

6. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Questions to drivers:

It will be hard as it is getting rather tight at the pointy end of the grid. He will really need to try in order to stay out front.

Definitely no doubt the Nurburgring. I love everything about that track.

I would say a little bit of both. Has worked to my benefit allowing me to close my gap to the points leader in two successive races which I haven't done much in recent past.

1. Harry
    2. Mikey
    3. Me

Let's hope not.

7. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    This was the start of my season turn around last year, hopefully it happens again..

8. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    Pretty good I think, but I know Alex, myself and others are strong here so he may have a harder time than usual.

Based on the fact i haven't driven the Nurburgring on an F1 game since 2013 when I used assists, i can't really compare. On Project Cars and Assetto Corsa I prefer the 'ring but for F1 I'm partial to Hockenheim.

A combo of the two I think. He's not been on his best form but other drivers have really been on it recently. His Hungary campaign wasn't exactly helped by the wild antics of a certain @Shly38 though so we'll see.

Karl
    Alex
    Me

I hope so, I tend to be decent in the wet and it means I won't have to deal with the shitty tyre wear here.

9. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    High.

I have always preferred burglarizing to chickenhearted, especially on the older games. Although on F1 2016, Hockenheim is actually bearable.

If he spent less time taking me out, maybe he wouldn't be in this slump :whistling:

1) Alex
    2) Karl
    3) Sean

:sneaky:

10. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    #PadTwat

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Cas_0807

Cas_0807

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for welcoming me, Mikey!

I think he has a very good chance of winning again. He won the Dutch league race last week as well, so he seems to be on a roll.

I have to admit I only know Hockenheimring, so I find it pretty hard to answer this question. ;-p

I think both, but since I just joined this league it is very hard for me to compare.

1) Karl
    2) Mikey
    3) Alex

I hope not

12. jinCHEZ

jinCHEZ

Ratings:
    +133
    It will depend on the people around me :p

Nurburgring for sure altho I have to admit the long straight on hockenheim with this game's slipstream is pretty fun tbh...

Probably a bit of both. I don't think someone thought he would run away with it to start with (if I'm allowed to say that?) I think the grid is pretty close and with the points gap still there, I don't think that much will change in that regard, I just hope it changes just enough ^^

1) Alex
    2) Wooly
    3) Andrew (you're mad if you don't start putting him on the podium lol)

Haven't practiced wet yet but getting better and better in it, even getting winning pace on it so I don't mind either.

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    Of course you're allowed to say that you knob. I am the last one that expected to have the lead I currently do!

14. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    I have bare pace here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    I boss this track with a line, not too bad without either. Hopefully can climb back onto the podium again this time out.

16. GuytheGuy17

GuytheGuy17

Ratings:
    +10
    Tbh I think that this is another track where most people have pace. Even I might be able to reach the dizzy heights of the top 7.

17. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13

Questions to drivers:
    he has a good change to win it

then i think the N├╝rburgring. love that circuit hockenheim not so much i cut the corners easily there

i think its bad run or form he is a good driver he can get a good result there

1: Alex
    2: karl
    3: think me
    please give me a wet race

PS: I might not race tonight. had to vomit last night and feel a little bit sick but its getting a little better

UPDATE: Its getting better now with me. Change is big that i race tonight

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  18. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    Gonna be a close run one tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GuytheGuy17

GuytheGuy17

Ratings:
    +10
    I mean I have just looked at TT and there are 6 people within half a second of each other so I think it will be who can nail a lap.

20. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    First race since Canada where I am turning up to the race feeling relatively off the pace. I'm just praying I don't continue my recent habit of disconnecting...

• Angry Angry x 1