1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S8: Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, May 24, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    [​IMG]
    Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 8
    Round 11: - Tuesday - 30/5/2017 - 20:00 BST

Drivers' World Championship Leader: Mike W
    Constructors' World Championship Leader: Mercedes
    FIA Pole Trophy: Mikey Woolford (3)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Sean B (3)

Announcements

- Please welcome Andrew Wood, now as my OFFICIAL right-hand man, with forum privileges and all!

Questions to drivers:
    Everyone: Hungary is a strange track. It combines the tight twisty nature of a street circuit, whilst providing enough breathing room for mistakes. What is your opinion on this very strange track?

Everyone: FINALLY, Karl has succeeded in getting his win that he has come so close to getting lately, and he has done it in dominant fashion. With that win, he brings himself right into the battle for 2nd in the WDC. IF Woolford manages to maintain the top spot, who is your money on to finish 2nd?

Everyone: Andrew Wood is finally showing his critics what he is capable and has now scored 2 second place finishes in 4 races. What do you think this guy is capable of.

Everyone: Who are your top 3 finishers for this race.?

2. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13

Questions to drivers:
    Everyone: Hungary is a strange track. It combines the tight twisty nature of a street circuit, whilst providing enough breathing room for mistakes. What is your opinion on this very strange track?
    I dont find it strange at all. but you can cut the corner easily just after the first sector. tyre wear is gonna be problem i think. we have to see it.

Everyone: FINALLY, Karl has succeeded in getting his win that he has come so close to getting lately, and he has done it in dominant fashion. With that win, he brings himself right into the battle for 2nd in the WDC. IF Woolford manages to maintain the top spot, who is your money on to finish 2nd?
    then i think Karl. He drove brilliant at Silverstone dominating from lap 1. if he can hold on to this then he has a big change.

Everyone: Andrew Wood is finally showing his critics what he is capable and has now scored 2 second place finishes in 4 races. What do you think this guy is capable of.
    He is a good driver 2 second places in 4 races is prettty good i must say.

1: Karl
    2: Andrew
    3. hopefully me. otherwise i think Alex

3. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    Everyone: Hungary is a strange track. It combines the tight twisty nature of a street circuit, whilst providing enough breathing room for mistakes. What is your opinion on this very strange track?​

It's an interesting place, only 1 real overtaking spot and a very twisty middle sector, should be interesting to see what downforce setups people use.
    My money's on Alex :p
    2nd place in this league is an achievement, but given even I was on for 2nd in Austria before I got damage I'd say it takes more than two 2nd's to show you can challenge at the top of the championship, so I'll reserve judgement on that one :p
    1. Alex
    2. Woolford
    3. Karl
    With me top 5 hopefully ;)

4. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    I mean I like it. I'm just slow.

Has to be Alex.

The world is his oyster. Although I've never truly understood that saying.

1) Alex
    2) Mikey
    3) Sean

5. jinCHEZ

jinCHEZ

Ratings:
    +133
    I never liked it on the pad until this game when I practiced quite a bit on it and really had the pad pace. The wheel has quite the advantage I felt like on this track back then. I'm not feeling that comfortable with the wheel on this track. (it was really comfortable on the pad I think because a lot of the corners are max lock for the pad). Eitherway, I am faster with the wheel but so is everyone else because of those extra months so we'll see where I'll get myself. So I haven't really made myself comfortable yet on the track to answer the question actually xD

It should go better and better for me so we'll see where I'll end up...

Who consistently can take podiums, can take the title, so it's up to him to keep it up.

1) Alex
    2) Wooly
    3) Jerry

• Like Like x 1
  6. mallucm

mallucm

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm afraid I will be missing this race on Tuesday. Good luck to everyone racing though and keep it quick and clean! :)

Hungary is a strange track. It combines the tight twisty nature of a street circuit, whilst providing enough breathing room for mistakes. What is your opinion on this very strange track?

Personally, this is my favourite track on the calendar. I enjoy the twisty yet flowing nature and find it's one of the best tracks in terms of finding a rhythm and it's just enjoyable to drive around. Overtaking is difficult, but not impossible. The last sector can provide action and turn 3 (the long left, including the right kink after T1 as a turn) can be a very inviting overtaking spot!

FINALLY, Karl has succeeded in getting his win that he has come so close to getting lately, and he has done it in dominant fashion. With that win, he brings himself right into the battle for 2nd in the WDC. IF Woolford manages to maintain the top spot, who is your money on to finish 2nd?

Karl has been unlucky but demonstrated some immense pace all season so I'd say Karl.

Andrew Wood is finally showing his critics what he is capable and has now scored 2 second place finishes in 4 races. What do you think this guy is capable of.

A lot. I enjoyed some racing in AOR GP2 season 12 against him! He joined late in the season at Canada and immediately we were battling. He's only improved and been made even stronger and quicker since then. He's always on the podium aside from when bad luck strikes horrifically. He has both crazy pace and amazing race craft.

Who are your top 3 finishers for this race?

1: Alex
    2: Wooly
    3: Karl

• Love Love x 1
  7. Cas_0807

Cas_0807

Ratings:
    +3

I like it quite a lot actually. You have to get to know the track a bit longer than other ones, but when you do get in a rhythm it is really enjoyable to drive.

I'm not in the middle of this league, since I just joined. But since momentum is very important, I'll go for Karl.

Consistency is very important in racing. Haven't seen him race myself, but of course with enough practice you can always get some wins if you're consist en persistent enough.

1: Alex
    2: Karl
    3: Wooly

Just wanted to add to this that I'll be racing hopefully, if there's a seat available.

8. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,130
    it actually sucks without racing line. nowhere near as good as proper street circuits.
    Woolford. Alex will win cos he's #blessed
    I've done one race so what can I say really
    1. not me
    2. not me
    3. not me

9. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    Likely to miss this one, so enjoy a topsy turvy lobby ;) now gonna be 3 no scores in a row so I'm just aiming to hold onto a top5 championship spot

10. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    Likely to miss this one, so enjoy a topsy turvy lobby ;) now gonna be 3 no scores in a row so I'm just aiming to hold onto a top5 championship spot

11. jinCHEZ

jinCHEZ

Ratings:
    +133
    Ow forgot to mention; I like it how me and alex have the exact same helmet and the same colours but he swapped the yellow and red just like our flags ^^

• Like Like x 1
  12. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +82
    you like it, i call it blatant design robbery considering i ran the same design last season aswell, just with the ukranian colors :p

the design itself reminds me of the alonso helmet 2006, it's really the best one i think in terms of looks, all others are a bit conservative.

I think for F1 2017 i need to make a helmet in nazi germany colors lol

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. jinCHEZ

jinCHEZ

Ratings:
    +133
    I've had it since the start of the game as my pro career helmet but hardly used it ^^ now it's my career helmet and I use it always in league races.

14. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    I'll host this one then. BEST OF LUCK LOL

15. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    Pole?

16. GuytheGuy17

GuytheGuy17

Ratings:
    +10
    I will guess mid 19's

17. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Formula Europe pole was an 18.8 I believe so I'm saying low 19s. But idk what the strategy is.

18. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    An 18.8?!?! :O

19. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    I need to get some laps in actually. I need to sort my house out. This setup is not working.

20. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    F1ITALIAN_MAGIC. Although I believe he got pole by 6 tenths over Nardy so we'll see.