1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S8: Round 10 - British Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, May 22, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    [​IMG]
    Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 8
    Round 10: - Tuesday - 23/5/2017 - 20:00 BST

Drivers' World Championship Leader: Mike W
    Constructors' World Championship Leader: Red Bull
    FIA Pole Trophy: Mikey Woolford (3)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Sean B (3)

Announcements

Sorry. I've been at Center Parcs and not been able to do this.

Questions to drivers:
    Everyone: We reach what many consider to be the home of Motorsport, Silverstone in England. What are your opinions on the track? Most notably, what do you feel about the new revisions to the track, removing the famous bridge corner and alike?

Everyone: Alex finally got his season back on track in Austria with a superb drive to bring himself back into 2nd in the WDC and bring Mercedes to within a single point of Red Bull in the constructors. Do you think he can continue this new vein of form?

Everyone: There are two distinct portions to this Silverstone circuit. The slow and steady Sectors 1 and 3 with the fast flowing middle sector in between. Which is your favourite?

Everyone: Who are your top 3 finishers for this race.?

2. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Well first of all I hoped you had an enjoyable break from... being sober.
    Secondly, Sean needs to stop setting the fastest lap.

Everyone: We reach what many consider to be the home of Motorsport, Silverstone in England. What are your opinions on the track? Most notably, what do you feel about the new revisions to the track, removing the famous bridge corner and alike?
    I think I like it more now than I did before. I never saw the bridge corner as being that special tbh.

Everyone: Alex finally got his season back on track in Austria with a superb drive to bring himself back into 2nd in the WDC and bring Mercedes to within a single point of Red Bull in the constructors. Do you think he can continue this new vein of form?
    Let's hope so. Can't have the championship being a 1-horse race.

Everyone: There are two distinct portions to this Silverstone circuit. The slow and steady Sectors 1 and 3 with the fast flowing middle sector in between. Which is your favourite?
    None of them. Sector 2 if I had a wheel.

1) Mitchell
    2) Alex
    3) Mazais

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    i think the old layout that was run in the mid 2000's was better, bc a few corners are not that enjoyable at the new part.

it it's dry yes :)

Fast is always better, it just seperates the men from the boys

1) Myself
    2) Shellay
    3) Mikey

4. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300

Silverstone is one of my favorite tracks to drive, and I also happen to be pretty good at it. I only played one F1 game with the bridge turn and to be honest I can't even remember the shape of that track so I am just very used to the new layout.

Only time will tell really. Alex has been pretty underwhelming so far this season compared to expectations, so I think he's going to continue to struggle. Mikey has yet to have his turn of bad luck though, so I think the championship battle will continue with hopefully a couple of other players.

Sector 2 is definitely my most favorite as all the time on your lap is pretty much determined here.

1. Mitchell
    2. Sean
    3. Myself

5. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Do we have full attendance for tomorrow?

6. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    :(:(:(:(

7. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Racing is mostly a mind game, my friend. Don't ever forget that ;)

8. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    Nobody has said they aren't attending. But at the same time, I did get this up a little behind schedule....

9. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    inb4 we get a lobby like singapore last season

10. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +11

As a track I enjoy it, but on this game its probably my worst track so not looking forward to it.

I dont think so, from what I've seen Woolford is absolutely the guy to beat

I suck at every section of this track, not looking forward to any of it

1 Woolford
    2 My Teammate
    3 Disemple K

11. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't like Silverstone TBH, I've never driven the old layout in a game but it doesn't look much better. The maggets and becketts corners and luffield are corners most love but I personally don't enjoy, the first sector and copse are nice though :p Also having to qualify on mediums to stand any chance in the race is annoying.
    He's a good driver so I don't see why not :)
    I like the "slower" sectors for the reasons mentioned in the first question, they aren't really slow though, just slower than sector 2 :p
    1. Alex
    2. Mikey
    3. Me (not gonna happen, but for the lolz) :p

12. Cas_0807

Cas_0807

Ratings:
    +3
    I won't be racing tomorrow. I'm still a reserve I think, but I wanted to let you know. :)

13. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Does that mean you're hoping for rain then? Be careful how you answer ...

14. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Redundancy is totally fine in my book. Thank you Cas and thank you for staying active around here :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    Not necessarily :p I mean if everyone has to qualify on mediums it's even but I just find it annoying going for your best time on the slower tyre, like you could just bolt on some softs and beat everyone but you cant because it will screw your race, like a free ticket to P1 is right in front of your eyes but when you reach for it it disappears, ya know? :D

16. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Well. Thanks for the strategy.

17. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    Or is it all a trick? *Psychological advantage thickens

18. GuytheGuy17

GuytheGuy17

Ratings:
    +10
    Just putting it out there, like every race for the next 4 races, outside of the top 10 OP

19. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    fake news

20. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    Whoever doesnt play the beta before the race has a really good chance here !

• Like Like x 1