1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S8: Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    [​IMG]
    Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 8​
    Round 1: Australian GP - Tuesday - 21/03/2017 - 20:00 GMT

Drivers' World Championship Leader:
    Constructors' World Championship Leader:

FIA Pole Trophy:
    DHL Fastest Lap Award:

Reserves Confirmed:
    -YaBoiMats​

If you cannot attend
    In line with our new rules, if you cannot attend this event, please post in the thread to allow us suitable time to organise replacements. If you do not attend and do not inform us then you will be given an attendance strike. 3 strikes and you are demoted from a full time drive to reserve or requested to not attend further events.

Reserve Drivers
    If you are a reserve driver and you want to take part, please do let us know by answering the questions in this thread and we will try to fit you in.

Questions to drivers:
    Everyone: So we are back in Australia again. After a month lay-off, what are your expectations for the new season?

Everyone: Last season's Australian GP was a fully wet affair. Do you prefer the track in the wet or the dry.

Everyone: With the current champion, Simeon Lynch, not part of the field and unable to defend his crown. Who is your favourite for the WDC?

2. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    ITS HERE
    Everyone: So we are back in Australia again. After a month lay-off, what are your expectations for the new season?
    I'm expecting to struggle at first for sure with my lack of experience having turned off the racing line and with the majority of the opening rounds being weak circuits for me (see my 3 DNFs from the first 5 races in AOR). Aiming to build consistency prior to Monaco and from then on I'll try to start building pace and aiming for podiums and race wins. Overall, I'm hoping to be in the top 5 in the championship by the end of the season and be regularly be fighting for victories and podiums by at least the "summer break" period of the season (Hungary/Spa time).

Everyone: Last season's Australian GP was a fully wet affair. Do you prefer the track in the wet or the dry.
    In the dry, I've barely mastered dry weather driving without the line let alone trying to drive in the wet. If its wet I might just have to turn the line back on until I learn the tricks of driving in the wet minus the line.

Everyone: With the current champion, Simeon Lynch, not part of the field and unable to defend his crown. Who is your favourite for the WDC?
    Of course the favourite is @alex1994128 seeing as he is leading AOR F1 at the moment, gave Lynchy a run for his money and is just an all round great racer. However, I think @Mikey Woolford , @Mitchell Haverlag , @Andrew Wood and @jinCHEZ (and hopefully I'll be somewhere in that ballpark) will all be in contention.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  3. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    For the new season i expect myself to fight for the title and to do so i need to start scoring points and wins from the first race. Last time i drove in Australia was way back in october when i ran a fundamentally different setup so we 'll see how it goes.
    Hate the wet, spun off from pole in italy after 100m, spun in the lead in GB and qualified 19th in AOR Malaysia in the wet, so yeah......
    I guess it's me then, but there will be great competition with Mitchell, Mikey, Harry, My Teammate Karl , Shellay, Jerry and Andrew being able to score podiums. Also we have to see how the new drivers will fare, so we are gonna have a very interesting season ahead

• Love Love x 1
  4. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    I would like to regularly fight in the top 8 throughout the season, and hopefully take advantage at my favoured circuits to claim 2 or 3 podiums on the way.

I prefer every track in the dry but I fancy myself a little more in wet conditions so I don't mind either way. Great track though, fairly challenging.

It's difficult to look past Alex as the favourite. Even though there are 4 other drivers that I expect to be in contention throughout, Alex on his day is just on another level.

• Love Love x 1
  5. GuytheGuy17

GuytheGuy17

Ratings:
    +10
    I think I can challenge for podiums at some of my better tracks. I hope to start the season strong as the first few tracks are my best. (Also for Monaco I will just do an Olivier Panis and hope everyone crashes in-front of me.)

I hope it is dry as I am not as quick in the wet but it might allow me to get a surprise result. I have not been good in the wet before and I don't think it will change so I will be happy at Bahrain.

I think it has to be Alex but I think it will be a season with multiple different winners throughout the season so I think others may contend for a while but I think Alex will win it in the end.

6. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300

Well I have still been driving at AOR on Sundays so it hasn't been a complete vacation from the game. My driving as of late has been up and down so I am really unsure of any real stark predictions, but I have pinpointed a few of my weak spots and am working at tightening up those little things that will help me be at the pointy end of the grid more often. It's kinda crowded up there though so I hope there's room :p

Neither, I hate the track. I have never performed well here.

Can't look past Alex - who joined after a handful of races last season and was in the championship hunt right from the get-go.

7. Jason Warburton

Jason Warburton

Ratings:
    +120
    Questions to drivers:

Well, my TT laps are 1.2 secs faster than last season so something has improved for me whether it be setup or skill. I'm hoping to finish more races now the damage level is normal again and hopefully steal some points.

Either or but I tend to drive ok in the wet, slowly but I always finish.

Mitchell

8. Ashley Blakeley

Ashley Blakeley

Ratings:
    +212
    If there's space for a reserve, I can make this race :)

• Love Love x 1
  9. Jerry Moorrees

Jerry Moorrees

Ratings:
    +66
    Here it goes first race of the season, looking forward too it.

I think i can grab some podiums this seasons, also because now i don't have 2 leagues i have to focus on and recently my form in the McLaren is pretty good. Also in the time trails i have good pace and i am not far of the guys like Saif, wooly51 and Alex. Last season had a lot of top 10 finishes, hope when this season ends it will be around top 5-7. that's my aim for this season. a goal this season is to win a race, hopefully at least one.

I hope it is dry , been practicing in the wet but not as consistent as in the dry. so when we have a wet race it could be a suprise result for me.

when i read the question i think of 4 persons who can take the win this season from 1 to 4: Alex, Karl, Mitchell, Wooly51. but in the pre-season races i also saw a upcoming talent called Harry. He could bring a good suprise into the mix. Also some other guys that have good pace. Looking forward to the season since it looks like we have grid that are very close together pace wise.

see you guys on the track! ;)

• Love Love x 2
  10. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    YAYYYYY. Safety car almost a certainty :p

• Wow Wow x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  11. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Should be space, we don't have a full grid rn.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Harkko Helvelahti

Harkko Helvelahti
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    I will struggle first 3 or 5 races because im now driving on wheel and my right arm is recovering from surgery and target for this season is to get 40 points.
    I prefer dry, but also mixed weather would give me so change and more intresting race for all.
    Short answer Alex.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ashley Blakeley

Ashley Blakeley

Ratings:
    +212
    I'm not wardle or saif! :(

14. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    I'm on damage limitation 100% for the first two rounds as I've got a bodged pedal job at the moment after my throttle spring gave out and an adapter on its way so I can use my old DFP pedals with my T150 but that won't be here for almost a week. i can't get any T3PAs for a few weeks yet either so this season is already going great before its started :p

15. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Or you could always... Join the dark side. #pad4lyfe

• Like Like x 1
  16. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    sorry to say this but since F1 2015 the pad has been atrocious, especially in the race with tyre wear and with the game becoming more and more advanced on the physics side, i wouldn't bet on the pad getting ever to F1 2014 OP levels again #wheelmasterrace

17. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Have you met Lynchy?

18. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    exceptions confirm the rule :)

19. Jason Warburton

Jason Warburton

Ratings:
    +120
    I actually believe the pad still has a distinct advantage over the wheel. The built in assistance makes it more user friendly. Quite a number of the top drivers in the world are pad based, especially in TT. But like you say, the tyre wear balances it out a little. I would never say it's atrocious, it's a dying art.

20. GuytheGuy17

GuytheGuy17

Ratings:
    +10
    I find my TT times are up there but my race pace on a pad is lacking. I find that I can't race methodically and hit every apex all of the time which I see some wheel users do but then maybe I am the problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1