1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[S7] Stewards Office

Discussion in 'PS3 | F1 League' started by Lance Loomis, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Team Merica #64 Corvette C7.R Premium Member

Welcome to the RaceDepartment F1 2013 PS3 Season 7 League Stewarding thread. In this thread, we will be observing any incidents that occur in the PS3 F1 League.

Steward Liaison - Lance Loomis

Stewards - Harry Westwood and Jonathan Seekings
    Stewards Consultant - Andrew Holmes

In order to file a formal complaint to the Stewards, you MUST have video evidence of the incident in question. Simple words and no video proof (whether it be your own video or someone else's) will automatically be thrown out, so please don't even bother posting.

Along with your submitted video, you must also provide:

- Time period of the video to be observed: (give range from start to finish)

- Drivers involved.

- Any and all damage incurred in the incident.

- Approximate time lost.

Potentially having your race ruined from an incident with another driver can be very stressful, so because of that it is being made a rule that complaints will not be heard until at least 2 hours after race finish. This will give you the opportunity to take a break, grab a bit of fresh air, and maybe once cooled down, work out a deal with the driver(s) involved. Any videos submitted before the 2 hour mark, again, will not be observed by any steward until this time has elapsed, so again, please don't waste time posting until 2 hours after race finish.

Subsequently, you will have until midnight on Wednesday morning to file your complaint. Any videos submitted after this time will also not be considered by the stewards.

Things to keep in mind: Every driver who has signed up should have already read the Rules & Regulations thread or "Rulebook". From looking at section 5.0 - Driver Behavior, any driver who has been seen to have not obided by the rules can be looked by the stewards and potentially be penalised, of course there has to be video evidence of the offence(s) in question.

List of penalties to be incurred (smallest to largest):

- Extending time to finishing spot.

- Loss of championship points.

- Banned from qualifying from next race(s)

- Banned from the Forum.

- Banned from next race(s)

- Ejected from championship.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  2. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

Would like to announce our first steward for the upcoming season.

Harry Westwood!

Harry will also continue doing graphics.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

New Announcement!

Andrew Holmes will be joining the stewards office this year as a consultant. He will basically be a third-party set of eyes. Andrew is a past racer of the PS3 F1 League and will be a great addition to Harry in making decisions.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. go on then lance sign me up :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

All of video
    - Drivers involved.
    Robert-rijkers and myself
    Terminal damage,
    - Approximate time lost.
    Race ending....

Robert was waiting for me to come back around the track, and he purposely smashes me in the wall to end my race. I think @robert-rijkers should be banned, I've talked to other drives and they also almost got taken out by him.

7. http://www.racedepartment.com/conversations/t1-video.226305

From start of race into T1 in Lanc`s video
    - Drivers involved.
    Disemble and my self
    Just forced off track
    - Approximate time lost.
    From 3rd to dead last. 4 sec behind 5th. Approxemately loss of 7-8 sec

Other than that - Robert was waiting to take me out as well. Cost me my front wing and 2nd stint ruined, was 2 sec behind Sam at this point, had worked my way up from dead last. Redicilous!!

8. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

Stewards Decision

lanceracer66 - robert-rijkers to be dis-qualified and receive a 3 race suspension. If he is involved in another incident, a race ban may take place and driver points deducted.

FarnandoAlsono - No further action. Appears to be a lag incident.

Reminder to drivers to be attentive of your surroundings while racing.

9. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

@robert-rijkers is allowed to race... but is basically on probation for the next 3 races.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

• Like Like x 1

10. Time period of the video to be observed: (give range from start to finish)

1.07min into vid on lap 21 and 22 T1
    - Drivers involved.
    Desimpele_K and my self
    IMO Desimpele forced his way trough on lap 21. If I had not payed attention in my mirrors at this point on lap 21, his wreckless overtakingmanouvre probably would have ended our chances already here. IMO racers have to stick to their lines when going side by side. What if I had taken my line in lap 21??? which i have all rights to do(Desimpele dont seem to bother). There was no way that move could end in a good way! Lap 22, why do he cross my line? Im on the inside line for T2 so WTF is going on????
    - Approximate time lost.
    Lost my podium finish, race ending.

As I told Lance - im not here to win it but to race fair and clean. If racers like Desimpele dont see their own actions out on track to be wrong, then the whole league have a problem. This is just stupid! If we cant make a clean overtake, then wait for next shot.
    Anyway - please give me your thoughts on the incidents, thx.

11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG8hAPSYaLg

1st incident, the start.

1st video: 05:00 till 05:20
    2nd video: 00:15 till 00:30 (in the right mirror of alonso you can see me and indrek)
    probably if Lance recorded, it can be seen on his as well.

- Drivers involved.
    Indrek & Me (Desimpele)

Well first of all I'm not quite sure if it's a real incident, but that's for you to investigate, on my screen it seemed like he turned into me, but I can be wrong. Anyway, I couldn't control my car anymore and banged into Lodestar. no real damage but just don't want that to happen anymore. Could have been worse obviously.

- Approximate time lost.
    Not much, but almost ruined my race and Lodestar's. And I don't like to ruin my race and especially others.

2nd Incident, the one where me and Alonso crash in Lap 22

1st video: 40:45 till 40:55
    2nd video: 1:25 till 1:40

- Drivers involved.
    Me and Alonso

(this first part is just a comment towards Alonso's accusations on that move, this is not about my report)
    The lap before (lap 21) I overtake him in turn 1; I do not touch him on my screen, if I would really touch him like I did on alonso's video, I would get a penalty and I didn't, you can also see this on indrek's video. Btw Alonso; if you get overtaken or someone is close to you, ofc you have to watch your mirrors, that's not something you need to find extraordinary lol.

Anyway about the incident in lap 22; he goes wide when he wants to pass me in turn 1; I know this and make sure I get a better acceleration out of turn 1 and into turn 2; I overtake him and at that point I'm the car ahead and he wants to overtake me into turn 2; on my screen he was just at my left rear wheel and shouldn't have tried there to go next to me. Again no penalty for me there.
    - Approximate time lost.
    A 2nd place finish for sure. I really had the pace to get a podium here and I'm really dissapointed.

Once again; I don't wanna have a grudge against these riders and I hope they don't with me, but I do feel like mistakes have to be punished and then we can just leave it behind us and go to the next track. I'm also all about fair and clean racing and I've had some in the past in this league, altho it's not always easy with the lag and the laghits I've gotten, but anyway, I hope we can have many more nice battles

12. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

Here are my views
    Lap 1: jinChez and Indrek

13. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

L22 : FarnandoAlsono and jinChez

14. ye it's hard to see on your video's I think; but the others should be sufficient

15. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis

Stewards results:

Incident 1 - Farnando and Desimpele
    Stewards have concluded it to be a racing incident, as both driver played their parts.

Incident 2 - Indrek and Desimpele
    Both drivers have been issued a warning.

Stewards would also like to tell Desimpele that another warning will result in a penalty.

16. As it is yet another incident caused by Sam, and noone is willing to report because it are relatively small incidents.. I would like to report his action.

Start till turn 2.
    - Drivers involved.
    SamPOPSY, FarnandoAlonso, LodestarNS350
    Luckily no loss of front wing, but it could have been much worse, but 6 to 8 seconds.

Also I have added the lagging of @hjkgkuh, really hope he can improve on it as some had problems with his lag in the previous race as well. He was lagging terribly, at one point even that we thought we had passed him but he popped up ahead of us after the start finish straight. (7 seconds)
    From lap 12 on till 32 ( out of 36) my game showed he was stuck at the end of the pitlane (I can provide footage of that too) and that caused a yellowflag zone in the last sector, meaning I could not overtake anyone in the last sector. It was just super annoying, and as noone else was lagging, it must have been his internet.

17. Because of the previously mentioned lag by hjkgkuh, I would like to be classified in front of him. I managed to close down a 9s gap to him in a matter of seconds and then for around 10 laps, or even more, it was the same situation as shown in video above. I couldn't overtake him, if I did, he would teleport in front of me. Sometimes he went offtrack, coming back on track and hitting me, losing me time, to then teleport 2s ahead of me, which I always closed down again. Also sometimes just blocking me by driving really slow, I know this is all cause of lag, but my point is that in this stage I was significant faster than him and would like to be classified in front of him because of that.

18. does anyone have the final results with the time gaps on?

19. In the race thread there is a video posted by Fernanda, and the last 5s are interesting: you see me in 4th and coming down to that corner he's "spectating", when I arrive at the corner, hjkgkuh gets teleported in front of me, this happened more at this lap and the last 10 laps or so, anyway, 50meters before the finish I was 4th and he jumped me as I crossed the line with lag I suppose. not sure anybody has a screenshot of the very final results and to be honest, I don't mind that I stay in 5th. I was just frustrated of that last stint and would just like to see the lag getting fixed rather than be getting that 4th place.

20. fernando doesnt have the time gaps, and neither does martijn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.