• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S6 Stewards Thread

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by Adam Morris, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +608
    [​IMG]
    This is the Season 6 Stewarding Thread where you can post videos of any incidents you may occur during a race event.

Season 6 Stewards

. @Adel Elsayed
    . @Thomas While

S6 Stewarding Thread Rules

• You are not allowed to post any incidents in this thread until 09:00am on Friday following the race, Any appeals should be made by 23:59 Saturday evening. Any drivers that disregard this rules could be penalized and have their reports removed.
    • This Thread is only for incidents during races so you post what you need to and follow the format below after that no discussions are to take place in the stewards threads, any drivers that disregard this rule could be penalized.
    APPEALS

If your not happy with the outcome of a stewards enquiry you may APPEAL the result but please note you have 24hrs after the original verdict to post your appeal below and must provide further footage and/or evidence

S5 Stewards enquiry format.

Please use this template when making an enquiry. You MUST have video evidence of your incidents your personal point of view is preferred but if using a race replay please use the chase cam, other view points can be unreliable.
    • Time period of the video to be observed: (give range from start to finish)
    • Drivers involved
    • A brief description of your side of the incident including time lost.
    Also the stewards will now have a deadline for each event to get the decision's out by Sunday so the points can be updated quicker.

Penalty system

The stewards have a variety of penalties that may be applied to punish drivers who break the racing rules, depending on the severity of the violation. The available penalties are sorted below, in order of severity. Breaking a rule also leads to penalty points being added to your name - see further down for more details.

(Note that penalties may be added together in the event of multiple violations in a race, which could result in total time penalties of a higher number than what is suggested below)

5-second time penalty
    ● 10-second time penalty
    ● 20-second time penalty
    ● 30-second time penalty
    ● Qualifying ban for the next race (may also be applied in place of a time penalty if the driver did not finish the race)
    ● Disqualification from the race
    ● One-race ban
    ● Multiple-race ban
    ● Permanent removal from the league

Any penalties will be aimed at the person who has done wrong - we cannot compensate anyone else as a result of someone's actions. All penalties are discussed by the Stewards Panel before being issued and the driver will always be informed of the outcome. The Stewards Panel is completely neutral and will not include anyone who may be affected by the incident in question.

Penalty points system
    The penalty points system is a way of keeping track of a driver's record of breaking the rules of clean racing, and to more severely punish repeat offenders. Penalty points will be applied alongside normal race penalties, as per the list below.

5 points - Driving dangerously or un-sportingly
    ● 5 points - Causing a minor avoidable collision
    ● 10 points - Causing a moderate avoidable collision
    ● 15 points - Causing a major avoidable collision
    ● 5 points - Failing to wait for the affected driver after causing a collision (in addition to one of the above)
    ● 5-15 points - Excessively abusing the track limits (depending upon severity)
    ● 50 points - Deliberately crashing into another driver

If you accumulate 25 points, you will be awarded a qualifying ban.

If you accumulate 40 points, you will be awarded a one-race ban.

If you accumulate 50 points, your league position will be put under review, with the likely outcome of being removed from the league.

Penalty points will usually be reset ahead of a new season.

Please note rage quitting will be punished with a qualifying ban for the next race. If you retire from the race you are expected to remain in the lobby until the race is over and AFTER the race replay has been saved. (You may be asked for proof in the event of a disconnection so pls take a screen shot of your disconnect notification)

In the case of the wheel glitch in qualifying please do not leave the race lobby until you have tried to disconnect the wheel and reconnect it to the ps4. This should solve the problem without having to leave and rejoin.

2. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Ratings:
    +608
    Stewards open for
    Algarve

Please use this template....​
    • Time period of the video to be observed: (give range from start to finish)​
    • .Drivers involved​
    • .A brief description of your side of the incident including time lost.​
    And keep any discussion off this thread to avoid further incident

Thank you​

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +45

Hi stewards.

Please watch from 1.53.00 until 1.54.00

Drivers involved: @SkaankyPuppy @psscooby and myself.

As I hope is clear @SkaankyPuppy unfortunately span in the lead and was off the racing line. However I arrive at the corner with him trying to rejoin in front of two cars at racing speed. This caused a crash and in my eyes an avoidable incident. I had lost as seen a position in the incident and aswell later on more time due to damage. I will upload another video later with other perspectives.

Many thanks

4. SkaankyPuppy

SkaankyPuppy

Ratings:
    +49
    Rejoin??? I was in the middle of the track, sideways, pretty much blocking it all. I think it would have been avoidable if you had taken Scoobys line, not sure what I could have done differently, as you would have hit me anyway.

• Wow Wow x 1
  5. Scooby555

Scooby555

Ratings:
    +5

From my point of view
    Start at 15:00

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  6. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +356

Here are the feature race hotspots. Anyone with over 8 is to be investigated. Ben should have the race results for you guys to make an appropriate decision

7. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +45
    Sorry to keep posting but was at work and had no official video to upload. Here is my edit of the incodent. As I hope it shows @SkaankyPuppy was rolling back after his spin, however as shown he broke and then accelerated as I took a normal racing line into the corner. This caused me to hit him.

Again sorry and thanks.

8. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +47

• The whole video.
    • Jamie and myself
    • Jamie turned in on me and basically hip checked me and kept on going. Never gave the spot back. I assume he didn’t see me as he took the normal racing line toward the apex instead of leaving me room.
    • I went from 3rd to last Jamie stayed in 2nd

9. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,941
    No I haven’t I’m afraid

10. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Track Limits GT BMW M6 #137 Premium

Ratings:
    +463
    The amount allowed was 6 not 8. Also was this the feature or sprint?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Thomas While

Thomas While

Ratings:
    +107
    No further posts please, unless it's regarding evidence for a new incident, thanks.

And @Lance Loomis it was decided that the allowable number of track excursions is 1/3 of race distance. So for this race I believe that was 8 for the feature and 4 for the sprint.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Track Limits GT BMW M6 #137 Premium

Ratings:
    +463
    No the limit was 6. I’m not budging on that. See post below

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +45

Here are the sprint race hotspots. Anyone with over 4 is to be investigated. Ben should have the race results for you guys to make an appropriate decision

14. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +47
    :thumbsup:

15. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Ratings:
    +608

• Angry Angry x 1
  16. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +45
    I have a video and short explanation to the myself and oz incident. As shown in the video I made the move between turn 2 and 3. As I exited 3 I checked my mirrors (as I race in cockpit) and I was ahead so I proceeded with my turn 4 line. I didn't even feel the hit. I didn't think anyone would have fought back to gain a position their as it's nearly impossible to get 2 cars around that corner. (One is hard enough). As the whole video shows firstly my point then the proof I had track position, finally it shows oz taking my exact line the lap after. I hope this is enough evedence. This is my only reply thankyou

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Thomas While

Thomas While

Ratings:
    +107
    Steward's Decision

1st Incident involving @SkaankyPuppy and @Jamief430
    @SkaankyPuppy receives a 5 second penalty for causing a minor collision.

2nd Incident feature race track limits:

Matt receives a 10 second time penalty and 5 penalty points for excessively abusing track limits.

3rd Incident involving @Jamief430 and @ozwheels

No action to be taken as this was deemed a racing incident.

4th Incident sprint race track limits:

@ozwheels and Jeremy receive 5 second time penalties.

As always you have 24 hours to appeal the decision as long as you provide new evidence to the stewards.

Notice to all drivers:
    Drivers are reminded that going over the limit of allowable track limit excursions will result in both time penalties and penalty points in all future races. This is because we feel the number of extensions allowed is already generous. Thanks and good luck next race.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Angry Angry x 1
  18. SkaankyPuppy

SkaankyPuppy

Ratings:
    +49
    I will be appealing the 5 point penalty, as most of the off track excursions we mostly out of control at well below sub par race speeds. I will have to get a video together today, this is to signify my intention to contest the 5 points and 10 second penalty.

I guess ANY off track counts then, sideways, backwards, upside down etc. It doesn't look like car behaviour was taken into account when looking at off track limits? This is why I am appealing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SkaankyPuppy

SkaankyPuppy

Ratings:
    +49
    Don't worry about the appeal, I only had 3 or 4 when I had a tank slapper or was at seriously reduced pace, I can't see that making a difference, plus I don't have time to put in a video. Car was pretty crap in those two hot spots particularly, I went off more than I thought I did.

I did notice however, whilst checking mine, that a few people, whilst within the margins of investigation, generally had more off track excursions at hot spots than shown in the video. I am not sure why that would be, they must have been missed for whatever reason.

As a note to Stewards, the last corner onto the straight on the left hand side should be added too, as loads of people went off track at that point, where they should have lifted to make the corner. The gains (or lack of losses) are the same as the other corners, if not more, as you are going onto a massive straight. Certainly should be added for the next season, if this track is on the calendar.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +356
    Period of video: whole thing

Drivers involved: Diogo

Brief description: Coming out of spoon i get a great run on Diogo, & pull to his left early. He then proceeds to move left and keep moving left, putting me on the grass, and nearly in the wall. Having the car on the grass made me lose momentum, and steer very hard right to not have it put me in a wall. The loss in momentum stopped me getting what was gonna be an almost certain pass. Imo this driving is just stupid, along with all the times he was moving in braking zones!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1