• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

S6 | Rounds 17 & 18 | Sugo

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Jan 7, 2018.

1. No

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,964
    Feature Race

2. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,964
    Sprint Race

3. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +192
    Is your driver still alive?

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +365
    Feature Q9

Race: P8 i think?

Knew it was gonna be a bad event before we even started practice, Sugo is the worst possible track for the BMW, particularly the last corner. Was going ok at first, but like last week, my race was largely affected by a spin from Matt, he lost it, i had nowhere to go. Had to pit for damage, longer stop, once i was free i was setting a good pace. Dropped behind Adam after the stops, just rolled home in P8.

Sprint Q3

R 6

Got an ok start, held my P3, Benji, Adam & I were pulling away from Matt, so i was happy. But soon Adam spun, promoting me to P2. Nathan had soon caught up, and we had an amazing battle, not long after Benji spun, so the fight with Nathan became for the win. The M6 had a massive disadvantage round the last corner, which he was trying to exploit. The last lap, it was really heating up, and up into the chicane we went side by side, and it ended in tears. Once i'd recovered i was driving, but Matt came back across to the left and hit me again. Dropped to P6, but hey ho.

• Haha Haha x 2
  5. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +192
    Feature
    Q: 7th
    R: 6th

Nearly spun at turn 2 lap 1
    Half spun, that let Seeks past
    tyres were murdered in seeks dirty air
    Chased Seeks and Ben down at the end

Sprint
    Q: 1st
    R: 7th

Pulled all the stops out in quali, managed to do the exact same time twice.
    Got an absolute snaking start, pulled away then cruised to the end. Managed to do the same time 3 laps in a row.
    Then it happened..... Touched the kerb that I'd been using all week, spun me onto the grass on the inside, thought I could hold it.... Wrong. Spun again and ended up in them red and white things. had to reserve back and let my win drive past. Was determined to get back onto the podium, even thought the win was possible when I seen Liam, for some odd reason, make a move on Scooby at the chicane. Of course by my luck, scooby's car found itself right in front of me, spinning me straight into the wall.
    This patch has a curse on me. Only finishing in the top 5 once in both feature and sprint races since the update.

Hopefully spa will be better, a track with long straights and high attitude, something my car..... doesn't like..... Ah.
    Maybe Watkins then.... oh it's high attitude too you say? hmmm
    Oh Dear :unsure:

6. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +66
    The Renault is a turbo car isn’t it?

7. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +192
    Don't think so. it felt down on power at Austria but then again, it did at Sugo too

8. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +66
  9. Scooby555

Scooby555

Ratings:
    +5
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,169
    @Jamief430 are you suffering from period pains?

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,964

Innocent until proven guilty barrister seeks

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +46
    Yes I clearly am. I' not sure if half the grid are aware but gt3s are a non contact sport. Clues in the non contact bit also their not 1 lap dash races. That means theirs time in the race to race cleanly. Look at the last 3/4 races and theirs been stupid un-required damage and crashes. Just from my view also I've been overtaken off track and slowed down when about to go racing. But of course if it doesn't affect any of u lot u don't give 2. It' fine if racing like that is acceptable then that's fine.

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Scooby555

Scooby555

Ratings:
    +5
    Jamie, we're racing on the PlayStation and we are all amateurs if you're expecting zero contact all the time you are mistaken.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +46
    Please state where I have said that??? Or is it more the stupid un though about moves? We'e quite clearly on diffrent pages here so as mentioned before. That racing is exeptable so no need to dwell. It' done now.

15. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,964
    Get a room you two

16. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +46
    Well what can I say?

17. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,964
    Nothing hopefully lol

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +66
    The wet tires are broken just like the softs. I would advise against wet races or the stewards will be busy with track limit penalties.

19. Scooby555

Scooby555

Ratings:
    +5
    Going too fast Oz m8888 lol

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 23:07
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +66
    Haha I’m just trying to stay on track. The front tires forget what their supposed to do.

• Beer Beer x 1