• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S6 | Rounds 1 & 2 | Autódromo Internacional do Algarve

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Oct 23, 2017.

Who will be this seasons champion?

Poll closed Oct 27, 2017.
  1. Gaz

28.6%
  2. Ben

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Adam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Liam

7.1%
  5. Benji

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Lance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Matt

7.1%
  8. Oz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Dan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Seeks

35.7%
  11. Kike

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Diogo

7.1%
  13. Scooby

7.1%
  14. Frank

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Jamie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Jeremy

7.1%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +355
    Race Details

• Race Times: 1pm & 2pm
      • Laps: 23 & 11
      • Predicted weather: Dry
      • Hotspots: Turn 1 & 4
    The Track

[​IMG]

The 100,000 capacity Algarve International Circuit, commonly referred to as Portimao Circuit, is a 4.692 km (2.915 mi) race circuit located in Portimão, Portugal. With a total cost of €195 million (approximately $250 million), the project includes a karting track, technology park, five-star hotel, sports complex and apartments. Construction was finished in October 2008 and the circuit was homologated by both the FIM on 11 October 2008 and the FIA two days later. The circuit hosted the final round of the World Superbike Championship on 2 November 2008. On 9 June, the track was confirmed to host a round of the 2008-09 A1 Grand Prix season. The race was set for the weekend of 12 April 2009. On 10 October 2008, the Le Mans Series announced a 1000 km night race to be held at Algarve on 2 August 2009. On 5 November 2008, the FIA GT Championship announced and 7th round of the 2009 season will be held at Algarve on 13 September 2009. A Formula One test session, with the McLaren and Honda teams participating, was scheduled for 15–17 December 2008.

Key Rules:

• Penalties will be OFF
      • Track limits will be policed by the hotspot system
      • Pit stops will be automatic
      • Feature race will be a standing start
      • Sprint race will be a rolling start.
      • There is a MANDATORY pit stop for tyres (feature race only)
      • Do not cross* the pit exit line (Instant 5s penalty) *Crossing is classed as 2 wheels completely over the white line.
      • Assists will be set to authentic.
      • Weather will be live weather, and will be confirmed an hour before the race.
    Formation Lap Info

TBC

This seasons staff

Stewards:

• Thomas While
      • Adel Elsayed
    Advisors:

• Liam McEwan
      • Gazza Williams
    Organizer:

• Adam Morris
    Hotlap

Questions

S6 is finally here, along with a new game, what do you so far think of Project Cars 2?

We've had almost 3 months of off season, how have you found it/spent it?

What in particular are you most looking forward to from the new game this season?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    • Angry Angry x 3
  2. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187
    S6 is finally here, along with a new game, what do you so far think of Project Cars 2?
    Better than the first but not perfect.

Relaxing

What in particular are you most looking forward to from the new game this season?

Win more than 1 race

This week's race thread brought to you by Wikipedia

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +45

Yer it's okay. (Mclaren is OP)

Lovely not speaking to everyone. And well I can't say what I've been doing..

What in particular are you most looking forward to from the new game this season

Watching people crash. BOOM!

4. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +355
    They always are lol

5. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187
    that's my point lol. make it readable and not so monotone from some 60 year old professor, who has a PhD in 'no life'

• Love Love x 1
  6. Kike Luna

Kike Luna

Ratings:
    +28
    Project Bugs 2. It has potential, though.
    Assetto Corsa fan.
    Not to be disconnected from the session.

7. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +606

Its a lot better than the original game, but still has a lot of issues that need fixed before its worth the money.

Getting a lot of quality time with my right hand

Not getting taken out every race and dropping the bad luck I've had since i started racing here ha.

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  8. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +46
    Is there mechanical damage?

9. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187
    No, there's a bug that gives you engine damage for no reason. However I believe you can still blow your engine if your oil pressures gets over 270°F

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    It has great potential, but there are still so many bugs that need to be fixed. This game shouldn't have been released yet. We should do a season in GT Sport instead ;)

I definitely needed a break. 3 months is a tad too long, but I wouldn't mind more time off between seasons (like a month or so).

LiveTrack 3.0 sure seems to add another dimension to the racing. It sure isn't going to make it any easier, but I'm looking forward to the crash videos.

11. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,160
    Good game, but same old story as everyone else.

Away from games I went to F1, MotoGP, Speedway GP, British GT and BTCC, but then lots of testing once my wheel arrived.

The weather changes should spice things up, and who knows, maybe we can have another round of destruction derby at Donnington ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +46
    Are track limits still 2 wheels on the curbing?

13. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187
    Turn 1 is 2 wheels on the red stuff as the nature of the turn puts you out wide. Everywhere else is 2 wheels on the kerb I imagine :)

14. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +46
    Lol that’s means you have to go slower if it pushes you wide.

15. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,938
    Enjoying it more than I did at the start but has a lot of work to be what we hoped it would be. Still angry it was released in that condition

Not bad tried assetto was ok for a while but lost interest. Other than that work sleep repeat

Just racing again getting everyone back together and the banter etc. Not expecting a great deal from the opening rounds due to my late switch to the Porsche

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187
    No m8 ;)

17. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Ratings:
    +606
    Race Updates
    . As stated in the thread track limits will be policed this season using the Hotspot system we had on Project Cars 1. @LIAMATTHURSO and @Jamief430 will be checking the designated corners for each event as well as the pit lane exit.

. The Track Limits for Turn 1 will be "2 wheels must remain on the Red Patch just to left of the kerb" anyone with all 4 wheels over this red patch will be used as a strike.

. The Track Limits for Turn 4 will be " 2 wheels must remain on the kerbs anyone seen with all 4 wheels off the kerb on exit will be added as a strike.

. Each driver has 8 strikes for the Feature Race and 4 strikes for the Sprint Race worked from a 1/3rd of the race distance.
    .This had been changed before the season/race started and the stewards had been informed it was a mistake on my part to update it on here so apoligys on that front.
    This will be posted at each event to clearly state the amount of Strikes Per event.

• Like Like x 2
    • Angry Angry x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +46
    Formation lap tbc?

19. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Ratings:
    +606
    photo to be posted stating formation and acceleration zones if hasn't been already

• Like Like x 1
  20. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +46
    I assume the top 5 from the feature cant qualify for the sprint?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1