• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S6 | Round 7 | Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Nov 14, 2017 at 13:53.

1. Real Suzuka

8.3%
  2. Paul Ricard

25.0%
  3. Buenos Aires

8.3%
  4. Istanbul Park

33.3%
  5. Estoril

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Magny Cours

25.0%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +355
    Race Details

• Race Time: 12pm
    • Race Duration: 2 hours
    • Predicted Weather: Clear
    • Hotspots: Ascari & Parabolica. 16 Extends/Cuts are allowed

The Track

[​IMG]

Monza, originally built in 1922, is the worlds third purpose built race track, only behind Brooklands and Indianapolis. 5.793km (3.600mi) Of pure speed, with 11 official turns, with the fastest lap to date a 1:21.046 by Rubens Barrichelo in the Ferrarri F2004. Contrary to many peoples beliefs, the oval circuit was not the first version of the Monza track, the oval first appeared in 1954, as the first version was deemed to be too dangerous, in 1928, 1 driver and 27 spectators were killed in the most serious Italian racing accident to date. in 1933 the track claimed 3 drivers in 1 race, prompting chicanes to be installed, which remained until 1954. When the oval was created, it could be combined with the old track to create a 10km speedfest. At time of typing, Monza is currently having changes made to turn 1, and there is an idea to add gravel back to the Parabolica bend. Monza is a dangerous track, as of now it has claimed the lives of 18 drivers in it history, kind of like our sprint races.

Hotlap

This week is provided by the little snek

Questions

Rolling starts are gone, happy?

Did Grosjean deserve his lap 1 penalty he was so upset about?

Any early predictions for F1 in 2018?

Updated Endurance Points

1. 35
    2. 30
    3. 25
    4. 20
    5. 15
    6. 10
    7. 8
    8. 6
    9. 4
    10. 2

(Pole Position - 2 Points)
    (Fastest Lap - 2 Points)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017 at 08:56
  2. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +186
    yeah

don't care

don't care

weather is not light cloud ;)

3. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,937
    Weather is sunny m8888’s

F1 questions suck

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +606

I Don't mind either way to be honest but should be better with a standing start

Yes, taking out my man Ocon

Mercedes on top, Followed by Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull

5. SkaankyPuppy

SkaankyPuppy

Ratings:
    +49
    Sure am. Going to roll with it and see how it goes.

No, Ocon was a bit hopeful I think., they both lost the back.

It will start in March in Australia. I predict Massa to un-retire again and be on the grid (only joking). I will guess the winner will be 1st HAM, 2nd RIC, 3rd VET, 4th VES, 5th RAI - See how that pans out.

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Scooby555

Scooby555

Ratings:
    +5
    See what you did there ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scooby555

Scooby555

Ratings:
    +5
    Shame because I think when done properly they are quite interesting and im not very strong at the standing starts :(

Dunno didn't see it.

Orders going to stay as it is but McLaren will hopefully be fighting with Redbull.

8. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,937
    Yep said in pre season preview they are a mistake and whilst it’s a shame it was pretty inevitable. Thanks agent Jeremy lol

Zzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzz

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Track Limits GT BMW M6 #137 Premium

Ratings:
    +463
    Won't be able to make this one guys... due to my time issues.... the race would end too late and I would be late for work.

10. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +45
    Post race review:

The car is the slowest compared to the ferrari n mclaren championship as they are OP as stated by project cars themselves. I know I can change but don't want too.

Also for a 2hr endurance monza is probably the most boring and least fun track to race 2hrs on.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +46
    Q: 1
    I really struggled putting a lap together for some reason. Luckily I got pole on my last try.
    R: 5
    Made a great start then completely missed the first chicane. Scooby stayed close for a while as we pulled away from everyone else. Had a small lead when I high sided the car on the Ascari curbing and had a small spin and lost the lead. After the pit stop I came out behind Liam who appeared to throw away his race just to hold me up and end mine. Not sure if it was intentional or not. Then the grass killed me on the exit of the second Lesmo with around 5 minutes left.

Great win from @Scooby555 definitely deserved it. @Ben Milden Not sure what happened behind me during the race, but congrats on 2nd. I wish I could of faught you more for the place.

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +355
    I don't know why you have any idea i intended to hold you up, i was running my own race, trying to go long so i could do laps on low fuel, and get a quicker stop. Im not gonna wave you by and make it easy, but i wasn't gonna fight you too hard had you thrown it down the inside. You would've passed me in lesmo 1 fairly on the lap you got by, but you ended up hitting me off track.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +46
    Why would try to race me at all? We were on completely different strategies and I was clearly faster at that point in the race. You could of easily just followed me around and used my tow. Instead you cost us both a ton of time and when I passed you, you tried to pin me to the apex curb, so I don’t know where you thought I was going to go. There was plenty of room on the outside to go 2 wide.

14. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +355
    To be fair, we were hardly racing. I dont recall once you having an actual chance apart from the eventual move. Like i said i wasnt just gonna stop and wave you by. Im sorry if you feel i did anything intentional, but i was running my own race. And well from my POV, i left plenty room for you.

15. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +46
    I don’t want it to sound like I’m blaming you for my result as that isn’t my intention. I just feel time was lost that didn’t need to be. It’s over now anyway.

16. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +355
    I can see why you'd be annoyed, but i was going round driving my race, it just so happens you were behind me while i was doing it.

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,937

Thanks not much happened whilst I made my way passed the mclarens but I gather there was incidents after. Unlucky race for you had great pace

18. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,160
    My evening:
    Disconnected twice in quali and half spun on my only hot lap.

Lap 1: Got a good start in the race and got jamie around the outside of chicane 2.
    Went round the outside of jeremy at ascari, but minor contact put us both off, before i spun and hit the wall as i tried to rejoin, damaging my suspension, meaning i had to pit.

Was going about my business, then random suspension damage about 50 minutes in. Can only imagine i hit a curb too hard, but another stop.

Only spun when i was near benji and almost wiped him out 5 minutes from the end as i span infront of him.

So was basically driving around on my own for 2 hours, until me and oz decided to destroy each other on the last lap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. Scooby555

Scooby555

Ratings:
    +5
    Qually:
    Was aiming for a 1:45.8 as that was the best I could seem to manage in testing but pulled out a 45.6 out of nowhere which I was more than happy with so I just sat in the garage for 10 mins before the race.

Race:
    I had a poor initial get away which put gaz along side and I think it was Benji on my tail but I had the inside to the first half of the chicane. Came out in 2nd where I'd started. Oz decided to really put the hammer down and pump in some incredible race laps, in the slip stream I managed to stay with him for the first hand full of laps but eventually I fell out of the slip stream on lap 7, Oz was pulling about half a second a lap on me. At this point I'd pulled a nice gap to 3rd place.
    Just kept my head down pumping in pretty consistent low 47s and on lap 12 I overtook oz who had a slight issue at ascari leaving him about 4 seconds behind me. I think at this point Oz had slight damage because he wasn't catching me only really matching my pace. For the next 30 mins the gap was still 4 seconds until oz pitted.
    From there I pretty much ran my own race, until I pitted and came out about 7 seconds in front of Liam, and Oz was about 1.5 seconds behind him.
    Oz and Liam had a coming together behind which left both of them falling back for Ben to pick up 2nd (YES M888)
    The last 40 minutes was just in auto pilot really being mindful I MUST NOT spin like I've done so many times this season already lol

Just a quick note
    That start and first corner was really clean and tidy from all the drivers, big thumbs up for that.
    Spot on I thought we'd definitely have had issues in the mid pack, it's so hard not wanting to be rear ended and not crashing into someone in front at the same time.
    Oh and almost forgot thank you to the back markers for getting out of the way sharpish, I'm sure I'll have to move out of the way of some of you guys in future races.

All in all a pretty uneventful race from me to be fair but I've been working on my consistency all week doing long runs etc

GO SCOOBYNALDO GT!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 13:40
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  20. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,937
    Race Report

Needed that result

Quali was as I thought not fast enough and in the end used my teammates setup to record a good time but as ever waited for the race knowing and hoping my setup was good

Race start was as good as the people around me and managed to have a good side by side duel with @SkaankyPuppy through the opening bends crucially keeping my 6th place. Then went on the attack of the Mclarens passing @Adam Morris without to much fight then @Gazza123 cant remember how lol. Lastly @Ben McCluskey but had to be careful as he had warned me before the race lol. Gaz then hit benji causing a delay that aloud me to escape but by this time oz and scooby has long gone. Rest of the race I managed the gap to a resurgent Adam and waited for any issues in front unfortunately for oz he had a few issues and this aloud me to steadily catch him and pass without much issue.

Up front @Scooby555 had amazing pace and bought Home the win! What a start for our new team a 1-2 so happy for both of us

But it’s just the start onwards

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1