• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S6 | Round 3 & 4 | Sakitto GP

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Verstappen

25.0%
  2. Ocon

16.7%
  3. Stroll

8.3%
  4. Seeks

50.0%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +356
    Race Details

• Race Times: 3pm & 4pm
    • Laps: 24 & 12
    • Predicted Weather: Dry with clouds
    • Hotspots: Spoon & 130r (8 extends in the feature is the limit, 4 in the sprint)

The Track

Sakitto has been a main stay in TNGTC, appearing on the calendar every season, being TNGTC's first ever race in S1. Andrew won that day, to become the first winner in this league. Season 2 saw Liam take pole and the win, he went one better in Season 3, taking the grand slam fighting off his team mate for the win. Season 4 was a role reversal, with Gaz winning, after jumping Liam into T1, With the 2 nose to tail all race, but Gaz managed to hold on. Season 5 saw the tyre melting track push drivers and tyres to the limits, with many drivers falling by the wayside due to technical issues, Adam won that day, just hundredths ahead of Liam.

[​IMG]

Formation Lap Info

Pictures may follow if i get given any.

Drivers will line up TWO BY TWO (as one of you messed that up) before 130r, and the LEADER (also something one of you got wrong) will choose when to accelarate anywhere from the pit entry to the start line.

Hotlap

This week it is provided by @Scooby555

Questions

New season, new faces, so a question from me. What would you like to see added or taken out of the threads? (yes i know alot of you dont like track history but Adam made me)

The sprint race was a destruction derby, and the rolling start was designed to reduce crashes in the first few corners, do you think it worked?

Will McLaren be competitive with a Renault engine?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  2. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187
    New season, new faces, so a question from me. What would you like to see added or taken out of the threads? (yes i know alot of you dont like track history but Adam made me)
    Get the key information across, which you have this week :thumbsup:
    Other than that, try to get it out during the weekend

The sprint race was a destruction derby, and the rolling start was designed to reduce crashes in the first few corners, do you think it worked?
    I prefer standing stands, makes life easier

As good as Red Bull.

Just a little side note, shouldn't the race be 23 and 12 laps like Algarve, or has the length of the race been extended from 40 minutes to 45 or 50?

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +356
    Adam told me 28 & 14, what did we do in pCars 1?

4. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Did 24 in s4

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +47
    New season, new faces, so a question from me. What would you like to see added or taken out of the threads? (yes i know alot of you dont like track history but Adam made me) I liked the race recaps from last season.

The sprint race was a destruction derby, and the rolling start was designed to reduce crashes in the first few corners, do you think it worked? I’m not a fan of rolling starts. I like the skill required in this game to get a perfect launch.

Will McLaren be competitive with aRenault engine? They better be after all the talk of them having the best chassis on the grid.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +356
    Edted now

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,941

What about driver profiles or maybe use Seeks montage feature with a bit more content such as results and standings. Also agree previous race feature was good but can take a longtime to type hence a further vote for Seeks lol. Other than that it’s great when it’s out on time lol. Nice work dave

No which is why I said in the preview I was nervous about it. It still boils down to impatience and I was surprised that some people didn’t get reviewed for there driving despite them being vocal about the standards of others. We all make mistakes but on the opening lap it’s just impatience

Hope so f1 needs a fast McLaren I love the team and of course I’m a vandoorne fan so very hopeful they can challenge. Renault need to keep improving like they are as well for this to happen

Didn’t congratulate the winners in the Algarve thread so well done @Gazza123 and @Scooby555

• Love Love x 1
  8. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187
    Don't listen to Adam, he doesn't know how to work it out ;)

• Angry Angry x 1
  9. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +356

O_o

I was personally for the idea of standing starts, and no i dont think it worked

Seeing what Red Bull have done, you would hope so. With Renault working on a qualy mode and general improvements they should be.

10. Kike Luna

Kike Luna

Ratings:
    +28
    I can't make it tonight guys, as I had an injury on my right foot last tuesday. Hopefully I'm ready for next one...

• Sad Sad x 2
  11. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,941
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187
    11 I believe

13. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +47
    What’s the weather??

14. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Track Limits GT BMW M6 #137 Premium

Ratings:
    +463
    1st hotspot should be degner 1 or 2 not spoon... you lose time running wide through there.

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. Dan Hemmings

Dan Hemmings

Ratings:
    +200
    Hey guys, sorry for not racing tonight as I've not had the time for the game due to getting a new job etc. Have a good one.

16. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,941

When are you racing ??

17. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +187
    can you gain time through the degners?

anyway Snetterton will be interesting to even find hotspots :roflmao: