• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S5 | Rounds 9 & 10 | Dubai Autodrome International

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Apr 14, 2017.

Who does the best speeches?

Poll closed Apr 19, 2017.
  1. Benji in the stewards

28.6%
  2. Adam trying to take control in his part time organiser role

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nic in the stewards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Nics leaving speech A.K.A goodbye

71.4%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Race Details

• Race Times: 7pm & 8pm
    • Laps: 25 & 12
    • Last Time Here Winners: Ben & Adam
    • Weather: Dry

The Track

[​IMG]

The Dubai track is relatively new, developing in 2004, along with the middle-east's rise to prominence. Dubai has become more well known for GT, Touring & Endurance racing, hosting multitudes of 24 hour races, and also an A1 GP Event. Dubai Autodrome has deliberately positioned itself as the home of UAE national motorsport, with the goal being made to develop more talent in the country. The track hosts many local events for rich occupants, with everything from Maserati Trofeu, to Suzuki Swifts. Despite the large run off areas, the track has seen 2 fatalities, both in 2010. Christophe Hissette in the qualifying session for a Radical SR3 Cup race, and Pascal Grosjean in a 600cc sportsbike championship race.

Hotlap

Here is someone who turns 100% full lock through every turn.

Last Time Out

Nurburgring made a return, last appearing in season 2. This time around it was another Spam Fritters Racing 1-2, Ben took P3 in his Volkswagen Beetle, Ozwheels made some mistakes and dropped from initially leading, to finish P4, Nearly 20 seconds off, with Adam taking P5, Honourable mentions must go to @Frank Finch & @Jonathan Seekings on their first points of the season. The sprint seemed like an easy win for Matt, Andrew took P2, the Benji train was P3, Gaz climbed to P4 despite early damage, and Ozwheels profited from Liam's disconnect to claim P5.

Feature Result
    Nurb feature.jpg

Sprint Result

Sprint race nurb.jpg

Questions.

This season we race at the International track, but we previously raced on the GP layout, which do you prefer?

This track is one of many new tracks with large run offs, but would you rather have run offs or gravel traps?

Growing up, what were your favourite racing games?

If we were to race one middle eastern track which would it be, Here, Bahrain or Abu Dhabi (F1)

• Like Like x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  2. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Questions.

This season we race at the International track, but we previously raced on the GP layout, which do you prefer?
    Prefer the international as the GP layout has that pointless first sector which tended to string the cars out. Much more flow to this track without that

This track is one of many new tracks with large run offs, but would you rather have run offs or gravel traps?
    Gravel more of a punishment than aircraft runways

F1 (1992 Amiga) first game I got hooked on been playing/racing ever since

If we were to race one middle eastern track which would it be, Here, Bahrain or Abu Dhabi (F1)

All crap but I guess Bahrain

3. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    I prefer the GP layout because of the flow of the curves in sector 1. That sector is killing the tyres, but that makes the race even more interesting.

Gravel traps can ruin your race, so are more challenging, but run-offs keep the field closer together. So for entertainment value run-offs are better.

As a kid I used to play Stunts a lot. And of course Mario Kart :roflmao:

Abu Dhabi and Bahrain both feel too artificial, so I prefer Dubai (GP layout).

4. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183

International easy.
    Got to protect my tyres #tyreshaverights

It's good to have some room for error but there's a limit. The run offs are that large, we might as will build fast and furious 6 runway on it.

TT superbikes PS2

Here's a hotlap from myself (it's bad)

Abu Dhabi. The hotel has cool lights

Here's a video of seeks sending me to narnia

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Angry Angry x 1
  5. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    Well that was fun! Liam lagged my complete rear off in Lap 1 of the Sprint Race... No trunk, no rear wheels, nothing...

Fortunately my Feature Race went fantastic, or else this night would have been a complete waste.

/end sarcasm

EDIT: The fun starts at 1:21:00...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    • Love Love x 2
    • Sad Sad x 2
  6. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Supposedly my internet was a minor issue. I apologise for that, i've had many good results ruined by it, so i sympathise with who it affected.

• Angry Angry x 2
  7. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Wooden Spoon Racing #93 Mercedes SLS GT3

Ratings:
    +457
    That was some good racing tonight.

Feature had a nice battle for 7th. Everyone real close going into pit window.

Sprint was mostly a defensive drive which can lead to some good battles. Of course it did with Gaz for a short while and Liam for a majority of the race.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Feature

Q6 R2

That was surprising. Qualified P6, in the area i expected, Adam and Oz died, P4. Ben and matt were focused on eachother in T1, snuck inside the pair of them, then realised i had the wheel vibration glitch. So any hope i had was gone. But somehow i held on and kept P2, 3 1-2s in a row.

Sprint. R5. Solid race, climbed up, past the carnage on lap 1, Kept cutting Ben up but that's normal and the stewards no I'm a poon magnet so thug life and shiz, then had a hell of a job to get past lance, managed it which was too late to get jamie. But P2 & P5 is far better than i thought i'd get

• Angry Angry x 2
  9. Gazza123

Gazza123

Ratings:
    +48
    Our battle in sprint was the best part of those two races for sure,

But yeah feature got good start from p1 then saw adam and oz had come together, lead into first corner then just eased the gap out to p2 nothing else to report as that was probs the highlight finished p1

Sprint started p10 believe was, again decent start but went cautious into t1, let ben by for t2 then benji at hair pin but he slid off then all carnage ahead and then found my self in p5, manage to clear lance after some laps, then Jamie few laps later I believe, ended up p3 which feel was more than good enough considering the cars that collected each other was lucky not to get caught up on it

• Love Love x 3
  10. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +45
    ^^^^^ I can feel the love :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:^^^^^^^

• Love Love x 2
  11. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    Seeks has only been here 5 races and has already spread the man love around :sneaky:

• Angry Angry x 1
  12. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,154
    Are you referring to my pink car, or that fact that i'm a lovely guy...? Haha

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Feature
    Q: 5th
    R: 4th

Knew my pace wasn't where it needed to be but a good start and my teammate going rogue agent on Scott helped me move up to p3. After that Liam was in front and slow due to his wheel issues but I had the nutty twins behind attacking like sharks at every corner lol (Matt,Benji) eventually Matt passed and he and Liam pulled away. Pitted came out in front of benji we had a brilliant fight for many laps but managed to find pace in the closing laps to pull just enough clear. P4 the max I could expect

Sprint
    Q: 12th
    R: 7th

When oh when are you complete bells of ends going to learn that this is not a one lap race. My usual sprint race started well I was very cautious into t1 and got payback on the exit by passing benji and Gaz. Looked at the names in front of me and should have known things were about to go tits up

From what I've seen Matt goes off track and then simply throws his car into the next corner and brakes in front of Jeremy which causes Jeremy and aiden to collide he then keeps his foot in misses Gaz by inches and hits me full on and ruins my race AGAIN!! I mean what else have we got to say to you? Was the worst single bit of driving I've seen from an otherwise brilliant driver. After that cars broken of course but I'm used to that so let Liam passed and used his slipstream to hopefully catch the pack but never happened. More points down the pan standard week really

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    Why not both ;)

• Angry Angry x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    Sometimes I forget why I started league racing. It's not for the results, but I am happy when I win or do well, it's for the battles I have on track. The fight I had with Ben was epic, side by side for half a lap not once, but two laps in a row with zero contract. Both drivers driving past the limit without any of this stupid fuel, tyres, engine or battery saving. Just simple flat out racing. Awesome! Loved every second of it and hope these battles continue throughout the season up and down the grid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  16. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +39
    Feature
    Q: 2
    F: 6

After Rouge Agent Adam deposited me stage right (water under the bridge now, stuff happens) it was a recovery race from there on out. Had to pit after lap one for the lack of my entire front right suspension. Managed to make my way up to P6 after a perfect race other than the start. Had a few good battles on the way up and even saw a 4 car train going 3 wide in front of me. Unfortunately pCars didn't allow me to save the replay.

Sprint
    Q:1
    F: 1

Made a good start and had Adam shadowing me within 6 or 7 tenths for the first 8 or 9 laps until he got a little loose out of the hairpin at the end of sector 2. Other than that a straight forward race.

I have to say everyone I passed today was very clean and put up a good fight. It's rare to have a league where everyone, even the people who might not ever win a race, has good racecraft. It makes races where even if you have a bad start still fun because of the battles. I know the Sprints are a little messy on lap 1, but that's the risk with reverse grids. :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923

Sorry about my teammate he's not great at driving in straight lines :rolleyes::roflmao:

Congratulations on your first win and poles

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Angry Angry x 1
  18. Aidan Lucas

Aidan Lucas

Ratings:
    +118
    My battle with Seeks in the Sprint race.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. SkaankyPuppy

SkaankyPuppy

Ratings:
    +44
    Again??? Ok, I wasn't aware I was becoming a liability. Did you not see Jez t bone me causing me to go wide, there was a second touch which put me across the track, then a third pushing me wide.

I'll give it a few weeks break I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +594
    I Have watched it back mate and you do get knocked across the track into ben, I believe the again part is from a previous race and you Arnt becoming a liability either.
    we have a break now which is probably good for all but don't think u need to take any longer than that mate.

• Agree Agree x 2