1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S5 | Rounds 7 & 8 | Nurburgring GP

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Red

2. Green

3. Orange

4. Adams new favourite, "BLUE FLAGS, MOVE YOU F*****G ****

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348
    Race Details

• Race Times: 8am & 9am
    • Laps: 21 & 11
    • Last Time Here Winners: Dominic & Adam
    • Weather: Dry

PLEASE NOTE CAR CHANGES ARE NOW ALLOWED

The Track

[​IMG]

The Nurburgring, first created in 1927, around the medieval castle in Nurburg, Germany. Nicknamed the green hell by Jackie Stewart, the GP Version of the track was finished in 1984, as the Nordschleife was deemed too dangerous for motorsport, and too difficult to marshall, due to the track spanning almost 13 miles, hence the new 5.148km version we have now, which is what we will be racing on. The track was at first strongly disliked by locals and motorsport fans, due to fans being much further from the track, it's lack of character and perceived few overtaking opportunities, earning it nicknames such as Ersatzring, (replacement ring). To celebrate the opening of the track, the organisers hosted a star studded race, featuring the likes of Niki Lauda, Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost, James hunt etc. All the drivers were driving identical Mercedes 190E's. Ayrton won that race, ahead of Lauda, who missed qualifying and had to start last. The track won rights to F1 For it's first 2 years in 1984 & 1985, as F1 did not stay, the tracks highlight events being the DTM 1000km, and Truck racing. following Michael Schumacher's 1st F1 Title, F1 returned to the Nurburgring, as the European Grand Prix between 1995 & 2006 (The GP Of Luxembourg in 1997 & 1998). Such highlights are the 1999 GP, Where in changeable conditions Johnny Herbert won for Stewart GP, And the spectacular suspension failure of Kimi Raikkonen on the last lap, trying to fend off eventual winner Fernando Alonso. in 2007 the FIA announced that the Nurburgring would alternate F1 rights with the Hockenheimring. However in recent years the German GP Has become a stop-start fixture on the F1 Calendar due to money issues. The current lap record is a 1:29.468 set by Michael Schumacher in his Ferrari F2004.

Hotlap

Here is some random guy being a noob and using ABS.

Last Time Out

The feature race provided us with thunderstorms, which were ultimately tamed by the Spam Fritters Racing drivers, taking a 1-2, Ahead of Adam, who ultimately lost P2 due to backmarkers. Benji took P4 after an early spin, and Jim rounded out the top 5. Nic won a slightly less wet sprint, from Fraser in P2, Andrew fell to P3 After initially leading, Benji climbed up to take P4 again, with Gaz climbing to P5.

Questions.

Both races were extremely hard conditions, how do you feel you coped?

Which race was harder, thunderstorm, or rain with fog?

Nurburgring replaces the Nordschleife, which do you prefer?

The stewards introduced a new penalty points system, something which was used in season 2, what is your opinion on it?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  2. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +42
    OK I managed to get more points on the board. It would have been good without the issues. Any weather I'd ok just need to increase care.

Rain with fog due to visibility however their seemed seemed to be more track grip.

Nordschleiffe as it has a bit of everything and the challenges are immense.

The stewards introduced a new penalty points system, something which was used in season 2, what is your opinion on it?

As long as it deturs incodents I'd love it..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +155
    I had a hard time keeping the car under control in the Feature. The Sprint went much better, apart from the carnage in Lap 1. Somehow the fog made the track even more exciting.

Usually I prefer storm over fog, but this time it was definitely the other way around. I struggled much more in the storm than in the fog. Might be my setup though.

The GP track is a real circuit, but the Nordschleife is a unique experience. I like both and I hope to see them both back next season. The GP as a normal race and the 'Schleife as an endurance. But I really like the GP layout because of the flow of most turns.

Seems like a fair system to me, because a time penalty is often not enough to influence a driver's position. The new system keeps drivers focused. No one likes a quali ban.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,903
    A1: Not well no grip no pace in both wet or dry very mysterious. Sprint was better but I was driving on anger

A2: feature race was harder for me

A3: prefer the GP track more action the nordschliffe is a stunning track but the races where dull

A4: Big credit to Rob for highlighting the things that needed changing and thank you to Richard and tom for helping us once again very pleased with our stewarding system now. The new system allows them to deal with all the various issues applying appropriate penalties to minor incidents. Before we just had time penalties so often the punishment didn't fit the crime

5. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +172

On Tuesday night when we tested for the wet I was getting very worried. The Aston had less grip than the bottom of McDonald's frying pans and the rear tyres were hot as hell. In the actual races I had no overheating, the grip still wasn't there but it was manageable. It's just annoying I spun at the final turn on lap 2, there was no warning of it, as I feel I could've got second instead of 4th. Then the same in the sprint, as I just got into p2 and was pulling away when I touched the grass sending me into a half spin. 4th in both races, just like s3. So even when time isn't a factor, I'm still consistent :roflmao:

Erm.... thunderstorm had very little grip, but fog is fog. I could still see in the fog... well tbh I could actually see better right up the back of fraser more than I could by myself.

I love the nordschleife as everyone knows, but the nurburgring doesn't suit my style of driving unless I'm in a Bentley. So I'll probably struggle which is a shame because I usually go well at German tracks

People can be penalised more fairly which is good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,903
    What's a good lap time here?

7. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

Ratings:
    +185

Pretty good, one error in both races which unfortunately caused a slide me to slide into adam severely knocking my tracking out lol,

Didn't really struggle in either tbf, maybe the fog hampered me a bit more

I like both tracks so ain't to fussy

It works well

8. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,903
    As you no Dom has left the league and we have a space to fill

I would like to fill it (with @Adam Morris permission) with a full time commentator so if you no somebody mention them below thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348
    I hear Jonathan Legard is free

10. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

Ratings:
    +185
    Me and liam will do it live while racing at same time

• Wow Wow x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +172
    Low 54 or high 53

12. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348

Here's a nice little fight from Donington between me & @Adam Morris, those Kraner curves side by side were scary.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +172
    You got a live commentary from me from behind haha. It was good but not quite 'Guinness'

14. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348

It was scary though haha.

15. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,903

Umm I'm sorry I've been very naughty lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348

I felt i was gonna do bad, i was P8 for most of the features quali, but made a tweak for my next run, which propelled me to P3, so from there i was confident and felt i drove well

Probably the thunderstorm, because i had tweaked the car in Q, it took some getting used to the change, and i generally adapt well to fog.

If i was asked this in S3, I would've said Nords. The Norschleife is the ultimate track, nailing that is hard, and i can atleast say i have a pole there, but my races at Nords, lets not go there. The Nurb will be better for racing

Aslong as it's strict/fair enough, sure.

17. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +155
    Well, you DID set the world record for fastest drive in reverse last season :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,903
    Using my one car change

Ben
    IMG_0344.JPG

Alan
    IMG_0269.JPG

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wow Wow x 1
  19. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,151
    Not great. Never driven in wet on this game so wasnt expecting much, but was expecting more than i did haha.

Both were a real struggle but due to situations and my own mentality i did worse in the fog.

Didnt really have much luck or speed on either track in the f1 games, but from my first experience on this game i like the flow of this track.

The stewards introduced a new penalty points system, something which was used in season 2, what is your opinion on it
    Cant really remember it even though i was the steward, but would have only been changed to improve the league, so nice idea.

20. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Wooden Spoon Racing #93 Mercedes SLS GT3 Premium

Ratings:
    +457
    Hotspots for Old Harpin at Donnington.

Gaz - 1
    Adam - 1
    Liam - 1
    Andrew - 1
    Fraser -1
    Dom - 1
    Omari - 1
    Ben - 2
    Jim - 1
    Benji - 1
    Jeremy - 2
    Matt - 1
    Jamie - 2
    Lance - 1
    Frank - 1
    Seeks - 2

Due to the weather I gave a little extra "lee-way" on this hotspot.

• Like Like x 4