1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

S5 | Rounds 5 & 6 | Donington GP

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Mar 31, 2017.

What was the funniest thing about Monza?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2017.
  1. Benjis essay in the stewards

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Lance running out fuel at the last corner

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Adam Being lapped

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. The driving standards

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348
    Race Facts

• Race times: 8am & 9am
    • Laps: 26 & 13
    • Last time here winners: Liam & Gaz
    • Weather: Random

The Track

[​IMG]

Donington, created in 1931 for a measly £12,000, was the first permanent park circuit built in england. the original track was 3.518km in length. The first ever race there was held march 25th of 1933, won by Earl Howe in a Bugatti type 51. The track was closed in 1939, acquired by the ministry of defence for World War II, turning it into a military vehicle depot. the track was unused until 1971, when it was bought, and re-opened in 1977. In 1985 the Melbourne loop was installed, to bring the track up to the current spec of track used today. this was due to the old track (now the national) deemed too short. This then payed dividends as the track gained rights to host the 1993 European grand prix, which is famous for Ayrton Senna's famous drive in the wet. during that weekend, Senna also set what to this day still stands as the lap record, 1:18.029. The track has not hosted a GP Since, but is now synonymous with BTCC & Bike racing, although in 2008 Donington did win the rights to host the British GP from 2010 to 2027. The tracks owners agreed to proposed changes in the track by Herman Tilke to make it appropriate for modern F1 (The proposed changes are below). However by late 2009, the owners failed to raise the £135 million required to run the race, and the rights were then offered to Silverstone, which was also the catalyst for the changes that were made to Silverstone.

Circuit_Doningtonpark_pre_2010.png
    The proposed changes to make Donington suitable for F1.

Hotlap

Again this week our hotlap comes courtesy of @Andrew Holmes and @Adam Morris

Last Time Out

Monza returned after an absence in S4, With Andrew winning, to the surprise of no one, Benji came in P2 to make it a Slightly Mad Motorsports 1-2, Adam came round in P3, Followed by Liam and Ben. The sprint was lively, with the front 3 pulling away, and almost everyone behind having crashes, but it ended with Omari winning from Nic, to make it 1-2s in each race, they finished ahead of Gaz. Andrew nearly climbed onto the podium in P4, With Liam taking P5.

Questions

First 2 rounds over, how would you say they have gone compared to your expectations?

We've seen alot of teasers for Cars and Track in pCars 2, what cars/tracks have you excited so far?

The sprints recently have come under much scrutiny, what in your opinion could be improved?

If you could design your own livery, what would be your design and colour scheme?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017
  2. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +155
    First 2 rounds over, how would you say they have gone compared to your expectations?
    I had hoped to have scored at least 1 point by now, but the competition is stiff. I'm still one of the slowest, but the complete field is only 2.5s apart (looking at the fastest laps). So I know I booked progress in terms of lap times.

We've seen alot of teasers for Cars and Track in pCars 2, what cars/tracks have you excited so far?
    Every single Skyline, the AMG GT3 and the Acura GT3 :inlove: The addition of Fuji is very welcome too.

The sprints recently have come under much scrutiny, what in your opinion could be improved?
    This has been an issue several times since I joined (only 6 months ago). Either we all start racing clean or we should turn on the flags and penalties. We all know how to be clean drivers, so let's just be exactly that. The way it's going now ruins the fun for quite some drivers. It would be a shame to see drivers go because of it.

If you could design your own livery, what would be your design and colour scheme?
    My livery would be Bayside Blue with bits of yellow and the Coyote Motorsports logo on the sides in satin white. My car would run the number 31.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dominic Ollivierre

Dominic Ollivierre

Ratings:
    +246
    They've gone quite well... a bit Unfortunate In monza's feature but performance wise it's going great, having fun and that's the only expectation I need to meet...

Haven't paid attention... a couple ferrari's would be nice.

It's hard to avoid the chaos, naturally we are all going to be super aggressive and impatient as it's a shorter race...
    Driving standards are not bad imo, cuz the feature races are quite fine, it's just the nature of the sprint race that causes that kind of chaos... we all just need to cool down...

If you could design your own livery what would be your design and color scheme?
    Blue/gold/green repping my svg flag colors,
    Some stars n stripes for American flag design
    Some purple highlights, unorthodox decals

4. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    Was hoping to have three wins by this point; Zolder Feature, Monza Feature and Monza Sprint. However, that hasn't been the case. Nevertheless, I've got the championship lead and one win, so I'm fairly happy.

Cars I'm excited for: Ferrari 488 GT3, Porsche 911 RSR GT3 (real one), Nissan GT-R GT3, Lamborghini Huracan GT3, McLaren 650S GT3... the list goes on.

I think Monza sprint was a prime example off too many cars on a track that doesn't accommodate 5 wide. Looking back, I did some stupid things which I've apologised for, and I've been on the receiving end of some stupidness. I don't think putting on the rules and flags will ever be an option because if someone gets tapped at the rear and runs wide, they then receive a penalty. And you can't just say, "well we'll remove the penalty time", but that's no consolation if your race is ruined because you've dropped back 6 places due to a penalty.

My livery would be use the same colours as my current livery. Black, Red and White. Main - White, Secondary - Red, Tertiary - Black. I would reduce the amount of sponsors used and place them better. Use a better pattern. And also changed the #16 to #12, and have that number on the roof.

5. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,904
    NEWS/UPDATE

Just to keep you informed the stewards are currently overhauling the current penalty format to make it easier for them to apply penalties etc. This will take a little bit of time so please be patient

Also like to welcome a new Steward and a guy that comes highly recommended with years of online and real world race experience, he even competed a few races with us in TNGTC. Welcome Richard Teixeira

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  6. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,151
    Meh. didn't really have many expectations, but I am always very critical of myself, so I suppose I would have liked to be more in the midfield. Long season though and I am still learning.

Not actually seen any, so can't comment, but I hope the spin physics aren't screwed up.

Haven't been racing long enough to correct the format, but I have enjoyed them despite being spun at t1 both times. Gives me a chance to race with the guys I don't normally.

I like blue, orange and maybe some silver chrome streaks, but also like outlandish liveries.

7. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +571

Yeah Zolder went as I expected feature managed to get 4th and the sprint ill forget about. As for Monza to pull a podium in the Feature was the best I could of asked for and the pace at Donnington is strong Atm high hopes for the season.

Ferrari and Lamborghini its about time we had some better GT cars, as long as they don't butcher the cars like they did on P Cars 1 will be fine.

Drivers just need to realise the race isn't won on the first few laps of the sprints and driving like a lunatic wont get you anywhere we all want to do well but you still have to race to a league standard the rules don't just disappear because the race is shorter lol.

upload_2017-4-3_8-40-3.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348

Consistently Average

The time attack cars excite me, and the R34. And of the tracks we've seen, Fuji & COTA.

Maybe people are fighting people they dont need to, sometimes it's better to not make it hard for the car behind, other than that, maybe just steward it harder.

Seen as i'm in an M3, it would be cool to have a livery from the original NFSMW M3, With very minimal sponsor stickers, I think that would be pretty cool, other than that, probably Red and black (hence why i'm in the 41) But maybe in a different style to my current livery. As for number, i'd probably stay 41

eeda35e95f0ef98c49bf85227058192b.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +42
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +42

Truthfully is crap. I thought I'd have alot more pace and be more up their :(.

I'm exited for the whole game.

Driving standards.

Attached Files:

11. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
  12. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,904

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,904
    A1: dissapointing but mainly out of my hands Zolder was a strange feature race, sprint was good. Monza had damage in both races from others so not ideal but points in the bag

A2: just looking forward to all the GT3 cars and some new tracks cota is good to see

A3: I think monza was just one of those races where everything went wrong. We should all learn from it and improve all areas of our racing experience. But the driving was obismal in the sprint

A4: IMG_0233.JPG

Always liked this car from when I watched it as a kid. Random colour but different

14. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    Genuinely upset and disappointed with both my performances tonight. Ruined my first race with a tyre stop, and threw away the win in the sprint

• Sad Sad x 2
  15. Dominic Ollivierre

Dominic Ollivierre

Ratings:
    +246
    That was some good combat bud. Even in the wet we can race each other without contact. Proper stuff! Tough luck man

16. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    Good combat for half a corner, then I destroyed my race. May as well not have bothered turning up tonight. Was already having a w**k day as it was

17. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Wooden Spoon Racing #93 Mercedes SLS GT3 Premium

Ratings:
    +457
    Both starts were terrible. Got taken out on the front straight of feature and no one waited. Then a pile up in t1 in the sprint gave me massive aero.

Please give each other space. Can't win the race in turn 1 people.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +155
    WTF was that Sprint start all about?! :mad: I'll post a video later, but this was not cool. Jim going for a gap that isn't there in T1 (especially in this weather), causing quite the mayhem. Then Seeks coming in like a torpedo (off the grass!) right before the Old Hairpin and smashing into me again immediately... twice! I do apologize to Omari for getting back on track right in front of him, but I was so disoriented after the chaos at the Old Hairpin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    Q: Couldn't get a lap - P3
    R: Got a good start, got torpedoed by Nic at t1 which he waited for so no worries. Started making my way back through. Got to back of Ben and started lagging. Got taken out whilst lagging giving me massive damage. Assessed the damage and came in. Once again I made a childish mistake of forgetting to change my Pit strategy to wets, so lost 2 laps to the leaders there. Came out on wets after my second stop, pushed as much as possible to try to get into the points. Best I could hope for was P13 after passing Seeks. Had a go at fastest lap with a new set of tyres towards the end, got down to a 32.4 and was robbed of that by Nic on the last lap. So essentially 26 laps of driving the arse off the car for nothing.

Sprint Qualifying: 2nd - no excuses just slow af

Race: lead after T1, made a mistake, me and Nic battled, I lost, I think made a mistake whilst trying to back Fraser into Benji. Then couldn't pass Fraser at the end. I really wish next week was the week off because I genuinly do not want to even think about getting back in my race car for at least a fortnight

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,904
    Feature

Pathetic driving

Sprint

Lessons not learned by the same people. Ridiculous

• Agree Agree x 4