• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S5 | Rounds 29 & 30 | Oschersleben

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Jul 15, 2017.

Did you enjoy Sonoma?

Poll closed Jul 20, 2017.
  1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Race Details

• Race Times: 5pm & 6pm
    • Laps: 28 & 14
    • Last Time Here Winners: Andrew & Liam
    • Weather: Dry
    • Hotspots: Turns 8 & 9

The Track

[​IMG]

The Motorsport Arena Oschersleben is 3.667 kilometres (2.28 mi) long race track with a width of 11–13 meters and elevation changes of 23 metres. Opened on 25 July 1997 as Motopark Oschersleben, it was Germany's fourth permanent racecourse, after Nürburgring, Hockenheimring and Sachsenring. Consistently driving quickly is hard work on the fast and smooth circuit. The first turn, modified from its original rounded shape into a sharp 90-degree left, is a frequent source of multi-car accidents especially on the first lap, as a popular YouTube video of a touring race illustrates this case. There are key turns to master for a really fast lap. The end of the finish straight is the fastest spot on the circuit. The McDonalds chicane (Turns 8 & 9) allows for different racing lines. Oschersleben was a venue for FIA's European Touring Car Championship from 2001 to 2004 and the World Touring Car Championship from 2005 to 2011.

Hotlap

Here is a Ginetta G55 GT3 Going round this incredible track.

Last Time Out

Gaz and Adam put on a show in qualifying, being seperated by 0.016, With Liam & Matt taking row 2. Adam got off to a bad start, spinning out of turn 2, dropping down. a train soon formed of Andrew, Benji, Oz & Adam. It all went wrong as contact happened between Oz, Benji & Andrew, allowing Adam through. the pit stops came around with Adam jumping back up past Liam to P2. Matt was P4, But appeared to let Oz past in a planned move, allowing Oz to battle away with Liam. Adam set off to try and close Gaz down, while Liam had to fight off Oz for 14 laps. Gaz ended up withstanding the pressure to win, Adam took P2, Liam held off Oz for P3, However Oz did not end up P4, as on the last corner of the race, he slammed into the pit wall, dropping to P7. This left Matt to take P4, And Ben to take P5. The sprint came around and it was 3 car shootout between Oz, Benji & Andrew. As expected Oz took pole, but retired on lap 1 due to a steering issue. this left Benji in P1, and Andrew in P2. Andrew started playing blocker for Benji. Jamie was still in P4, But soon dropped down, beginning with Liam overtaking him in the esses. Soon Adam & Ben followed through. In P2 Andrew and Gaz were scrapping away, But into turn 7 Andrew went off track, but still decided to re-overtake Gaz, slowing both down, allowing Liam past Gaz. Adam died on Lap 13, meanwhile Liam was attacking Andrew, but with Gaz defending from Ben, he drove into back of Liam, effectively ending his attack. Benji took the win to take his 3rd ever, Andrew took P2, With Liam, Gaz, & Ben following. All drivers behind Andrew will move up 1 points wise.

Questions

F1 Live London was on wednesday, did you watch it, and what did you think?

With the season end in sight, what has been your favourite race of the season?

Have you sorted a team-mate for season 6, or have you not even started negotiations?

2. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183

Looked good. Still not as good as the Zafira fan club gathering.

Donington probably

Have you sorted a team-mate for season 6, or have you not even started negotiations?

maybe

3. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    Commercially, I think it was a great move by the new owners of F1. It might even help the UK to recover from Brexit :roflmao: But as a fan of motorsports in general, I couldn't have been less interested in an event where they try to show drivers off as icons. I rather see them in a car racing each other.

Leading the race for a few laps at Zhuhai is probably my highlight of the season (or even my whole TNGTC career), but overall I think I have the most fun battling with @Jamief430 at Laguna Seca. I was getting such a rush out of keeping him behind me for so long.

Nope. I am starting my own 1-man team next season. I'm just still not sure yet if I should call my team James May Racing or Scuderia Bradipo (just Google it).

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350

It was pretty good, step in the right direction to attracting new fans.

I don't know about 1 specific 1, but the donny-dubai-nurb run of 3 1-2s in a row was sick.

I'm going with Ramzi

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    I don't get this "attract new fans" rubbish look after the hardcore who have followed it their whole lives. Can't make people want to watch it. On track action isn't the best and hasn't been since the hybrid era started. Obvious what needs sorting and that's the racing that's how u make new fans not a pop concert

Not had one event trouble free so fun wise liked Sonoma

Not interested at the moment unless I can get a very competitive teammate

• Like Like x 1
  6. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +594

Yeah I watched and it was pretty good to see all the teams and drivers at the event and hearing the Old V8s scream in the streets of London was awesome hopefully they do more like this.

Has to Be Sakitto GP for me a track I'm not usually strong at, with some luck and Gaz being killed by the game, managed to beat Liam just... to take my first win of this season

Wouldn't you all like to know........ Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    Questions
    Watched a bit. Liked Daniel and Valtteri's runs. Miss the V8s.
    Gonna say Sonoma Sprint because I can't remember the first half.
    Haven't thought about it yet. Will probably decide when PCARS2 comes out and I know what car I want

8. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Anyone want this £100 like new rrp £160

IMG_1475.JPG

• Angry Angry x 2
  9. Dan Hemmings

Dan Hemmings

Ratings:
    +200
    Hi guys, hope you're all doing well. Finally got round to buying a PS4 and Project Cars so hopefully i'll be able to do a little bit of racing before two comes out. I won't be buying/using a wheel for a while due to a broken collarbone so at least Jon will have someone to beat in either game for a while ;) as for the messages in my inbox, sorry to Ben and Rob for reading my messages 2/3 years later, lol.

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923

Hi Dan lol

11. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Well that was ****

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +45
    To be put nicely yes. I was slow

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    @SkaankyPuppy i was alongside you you turned in so I turned tighter to give u room but it locked my inside wheel. Let you back past at the end

14. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    SPRINT RACE:

Q: 2

R: 2

Got Adam and led for 12 laps almost. Lap 12, Diogo clipped my back side into the final turn and gave me damage. One lap later, Oz clipped me into the final turn. Lost my lead came home second. Guess it’s just a racing incident, came over the line a dejected second after 13 laps of hard work.

15. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    Not great races from my perspective, however it seems everyone else got worst. Can't wait for the season to end and get away from this game, so everyone can have a break and put their salt away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,154
    #Conspiracy

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Wow Wow x 1
  17. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    My view was you off the start, you sped up instantly, then flew backwards, then went a million mph back into me, then went back again, then whacked me in T1, then Diogo was going forwards and backwards on the back straight massively, me and ben were having to avoid it. And also "those of you who quit" Seeks, was us being told to by Adam as he wanted to restart it. We don't just quit cause its gone a bit bad. Just because it isn't as bad as maybe Gaz Hockenheim S2 doesn't mean that is a benchmark for how bad it needs to be. there was alot of lag on lap 1 from my POV.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    #Conspiracy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  19. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +39
    Feature
    Q: 1
    R: 1

Had a decent lap in qualifying. Made a good start then went way too deep into turn 1. Luckily I had a big enough gap not to lose a place. That's all that happened really.

Sprint
    Q: 9
    R: 6

The reverse grid system is easily abused. (I have definitely abused it before.) There was a lot of contact around me at the beginning. Ended up P8 by the end of lap 2. Tried to pass Jamie on lap 3 going into T1 then locked up the inside followed the rear and did a half spin. Drove across the circular inside curb on T2, it didn't end well. Caught up later in the lap and made a pass around the outside at T11. Chased down everyone else shortly after. Managed to finally get pass Gaz on the inside at T4. Then Benji on the inside at T11. Adam the next lap on the inside at T11. Diogo the next lap on the outside at T12. Then had a run on Andrew for the last corner. He moved over to defend at the very last second as we were both braking. I went left to avoid him and locked the fronts completely. Ran wide onto the dirt and everyone I passed was back by. To add to this in my replay our cars never physically touched, so it must have been some sort of server lag. Tried to pass Jamie at T1 and either locked the rear again or clipped the grass. Ended up in the middle of the corner stationary, this didn't end well again. It was a lot of fun though. IMG_0025.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923

Mate 4 of us where on mic together and we all experienced lag you lagged into liam off the line Diogo was lagging on the back straight then Liam had issues with you and Adam mentioned something later in the lap. The descion had to be made quick and was not ours. We reported it but wasn't our choice.

Why rant about it pretty pointless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.