• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S5 | Rounds 25 & 26 | Silverstone

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Jul 2, 2017.

Pineapple on Pizza?

Poll closed Jul 6, 2017.
  1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

44.4%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Race Details

• Race Times: 4pm & 5pm
    • Laps: 20 & 10
    • Last Time Here Winner: Gaz
    • Weather: Random
    • Hotspots: Brooklands & Copse

The Track

[​IMG]

Silverstone is the current home of the British Grand Prix, which it first hosted in 1948. The 1950 British Grand Prix at Silverstone was the first race in the newly created World Championship of Drivers. The race rotated between Silverstone, Aintree and Brands Hatch from 1955 to 1986, but relocated permanently to Silverstone in 1987. On 30 September 2004 British Racing Drivers' Club president Jackie Stewart announced that the British Grand Prix would not be included on the 2005 provisional race calendar and, if it were, would probably not occur at Silverstone. However, on 9 December an agreement was reached with Formula One rights holder Bernie Ecclestone ensuring that the track would host the British Grand Prix until 2009 after which Donington Park would become the new host. However, the Donington Park leaseholders suffered economic problems resulting in the BRDC signing a 17-year deal with Ecclestone to hold the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. Silverstone is built on the site of a World War II Royal Air Force bomber station, RAF Silverstone, which opened in 1943. Silverstone was first used for motorsport by an ad hoc group of friends who set up an impromptu race in September 1947. One of their members, Maurice Geoghegan, lived in nearby Silverstone village and was aware that the airfield was deserted. He and eleven other drivers raced over a two-mile circuit, during the course of which Geoghegan himself ran over a sheep that had wandered onto the airfield. The sheep was killed and the car written off, and in the aftermath of this event the informal race became known as the Mutton Grand Prix. The next year the Royal Automobile Club took a lease on the airfield and set out a more formal racing circuit. Their first two races were held on the runways themselves, with long straights separated by tight hairpin corners, the track demarcated by hay bales. For the 1975 meeting a chicane was introduced to try to tame speeds through the mighty Woodcote Corner (although MotoGP would still use the circuit without the chicane up until 1986), and Bridge Corner was subtly rerouted in 1987. The track underwent a major redesign between the 1990 and 1991 races, transforming the ultra-fast track
    into a more technical track. The reshaped track's first F1 race was perhaps the most memorable of recent years, with Nigel Mansell coming home first in front of his home crowd. On his victory lap back to the pits Mansell even found time to pick up stranded rival Ayrton Senna and give him a lift on his side-pod after Senna's McLaren had run out of fuel on the final lap of the race. Following the deaths of Senna and fellow Grand Prix driver Roland Ratzenberger at Imola in 1994, many Grand Prix circuits were modified in order to reduce speed and increase driver safety. As a consequence of this the entry from Hangar Straight into Stowe Corner was modified in 1995 so as to make its entry less dangerous. In addition, the flat-out Abbey kink was modified to a chicane in just 19 days before the 1994 GP. Parts of the circuit, such as the starting grid, are 17 metres wide, complying with the latest safety guidelines. Mark Webber's lap of 1:33.401 in the 2013 British Grand Prix is the outright lap record for the current Grand Prix configuration, which has only been in existence since 2011. Below is an evolution of Silverstone from its beginning to its current layout.

[​IMG]

Hotlap

This week we have some washed up old man attempting to go kind of quick

Last Time Out

The feature race saw a Spam Fritters lockout of the front row, with them holding that into T1, In T2 Jeremy had an odd spin. Soon it became Gaz from Matt, as a kerb trainlined Liam. The order never changed, however there is confusion as to whether matt was allowed to qualify, but the stewards will have the last say on that. Benji beat Adam, to make it Gaz, Matt, Liam, Benji, Adam (Provisionally). The sprint qulaifying was the best of the year, with only 2 allowed to qualify, so it was a Coyote Motorsports front row. Frank though dropped back, after he and Seeks touched, putting Seeks in the pit wall, subsequently slowing Liam. Frank then had an accident at T1, Taking Jamie & Matt with him. Jeremy still lead but had the Spam drivers right behind him, and duly dropped to P3. Soon though a glitch to Liam put him last bar 1. Gaz still lead, from Benji, Adam, Matt & Jeremy. The order stayed the same but Benji and Adam duked it out on the last lap, with Adam nearly completing the move into T3, But over cooking it. On the last straight Adam had a run but the finish line came too soon for him.

Questions

We're slowly approaching the end of Project Cars, will you miss it or will you be happy to see it done?

Is there a particular discipline you would like to see in pCars 2?

Alot of new tracks have been announced, but is there any you would love to see?

Are there any other new games coming out you are excited about?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  2. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    We're slowly approaching the end of Project Cars, will you miss it or will you be happy to see it done?
    I still think Project Cars is a great game, but I bet pCars 2 will be so much better, especially with the new Live Track 3.0 feature. I also hope the BoP of the GT cars will be more equal so that we can drive the car we want, not all the same (non-GT3) car ;)

As long as there is GT and LMP racing, I am content. I hope there will be a better way to do multi-class racing, so I can do 24H races in a proper way next year. 24H races, as in plural, you say? Yes, I hope to do the 24H of the Nürburgring AND the 24 Hours of Le Mans next year!
    And it's not really a discipline, but I sure hope it will fully support PSVR. Or else I bought those overpriced goggles for nothing.

Paul Ricard and Zandvoort! :D

I pre-ordered GT Sport like 15 years ago. I already played the closed beta, but I can't wait to see how the career mode and (private) lobbies have turned out.
    And as for non-racing games, I can't wait to play Death Stranding. I am a huuuuge Kojima fan and the teaser already looked amazing!

3. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183

Not really with us moving to a better version of it. however if I'm slower on pcars 2 then I'll probably want the old game back hehe

Online Multi driver teams for endurance racing

Valencia (not the street version. look it up)
    Assen TT
    Sachsenring
    Argentina
    Brazil F1 track

Hungary
    Philip Island
    Rainbow Road
    Canada
    Aragon
    Motegi
    Estroil
    Qatar
    Bahrain
    Abu Dhabi

Are there any other new games comingout you are excited about?

Isle of Man TT game

4. Frank Finch

Frank Finch

Ratings:
    +164
    Motegi, nice one! And Rainbow Road... :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    UPDATED

s5penpts.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +39
    I'm thinking about purchasing the T3PA pedals. Does anyone have any opinions on them? Specifically about the conical brake mod. Is it as good as some people say?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,154
    Not better than me

• Haha Haha x 2
  8. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +45

YES. YES. YES

Nope rallycross will be just fine. Providing Adam (snake) Morris. Is not crash bandicoot.

Thruxton.

GTA6 haa

9. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    A1: will miss it has been a fun time and I won a championship which dave didn't so you no

Been fun to help make the league what it is 5 seasons is way more than we expected

A2: btcc, v8 supercars (all)

A3: Malaysia, Sebring

A4: call of duty ww2 so I can relive my childhood

10. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Race Report

Feature

Q: 11th
    R: 6th

Wet but sort of fun picked off a few on the opening lap and the big Bentley was flying early on passed a recovering Benji and caught Matt who I was racing all race basically. Lost the car a few times and had the menu glitch letting benji passed and a glitch on the old pit straight which put me off the road. Wet races suck but this was less suckey (is that a word?)

Sprint

Q: 9th?
    R: 5th
    Wet also but tried to make the most of it fair bit of contact out there some of which was my fault so apologies to any involved. Changed my tyre pressures for the expected rain but wasn't a good move and also put more rear wing on which made me slower than A turtle with a broken leg on the straights

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  11. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    Anyone who has affected by flooding tonight, please ring 07 69 69 69 21 21 thank you.

Also pm me if you want to learn a life hack on how to remove brown stains on your underwear from driving through stowe every lap.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Angry Angry x 1
  12. Frank Finch

Frank Finch

Ratings:
    +164
    Race report

Feature:

Q: 7th
    R: 8th
    My car felt like Bambi on ice. When the fog cleared and the rain got heavier, my tyre temps dropped to 60 degrees and things only got worse. A frustrating race with undeserved points.

Sprint:
    Q: 2nd
    R: 8th
    My 3rd front row start of the season, just not because I was driving so well. I lowered the tyre pressures even more and put more downforce on the car. This helped a lot! I tried to keep Jamie behind me for the biggest part of the race, and for the first time I won the battle when Jamie made a mistake coming into Brooklands in Lap 8. Felt a lot better about finishing P8 than I did in the Feature.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,154
    Feature p9.
    Decided to start in 2nd gear to try and cut the wheelspin, but just bogged down and lost a few places off the line. Was just about holding onto the back of the mid pack until i had two coming incidents with frank, the second one causing damage and hit to pit.
    Forgot to change to wet tyres and almost immediately came out of the pits and spun damaging the car again.
    After finally getting back it was a lonely race and decided to pit again towards the end because tempa were so low. Probably my worst race of the season.

Sprint p6.
    Somehow managed to come round in p5 after lap 1 and then p4 after lap 2, but thej benji ruined it and overtook me. Had a scrappy battle with ben and matt (hopefully itl wasn't too forceful?), but ended up behind them. However, having raced matt in most of the wet zuhai sprint i was confident matt was going to spin at some point..... and he did at stowe on the last lap (the crowd went wild and so did our chat), and i came through to equal my best result of the season.

Overall considering i only had one practice session this week i am very happy with my results last night. Not here next week so have two weeks to learn a completely new track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    M3 next race yadda yadda

15. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    PS_Messages_20170707_175408.jpg PS_Messages_20170707_180613.jpg PS_Messages_20170707_175535.jpg PS_Messages_20170707_175542.jpg
    PS_Messages_20170707_175539.jpg PS_Messages_20170707_175544.jpg

Decided to take a few photos from last night's feature, hope you all like them!

• Love Love x 2
  16. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    As most of you know, I have also a strong passion for taking photos. This video has probably been expected for a long time now and it is finally here, so sit back and enjoy a short montage of some of my personal favourite photos I've captured during my time racing on project cars in this league.

• Love Love x 3
  17. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    Hi everyone, it's me again!

Want to relive the terrifying experience of driving around Lake Stowe? Why not watch my highlights ;)
    P.S. You may need a pillow to hide behind

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923

Nice work you two

• Like Like x 1
  19. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    A compliment off Ben? Has hell frozen over?

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +594
    Stewards Decision

@ozwheels receives a 5 second time penalty and 5 penalty points for exceeding track limits.

. @ozwheels Due to the 5 penalty points awarded for the track extensions at the previous race you have been awarded a Qualifying Ban For Sonoma GP Feature Race Thanks.

• Like Like x 1