• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S5 | Rounds 23 & 24 | Road America

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Dumb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Really dumb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm surprised he can dress himself without injury

62.5%
  4. He makes Jamie look smart!

37.5%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Race Details

• Race Times: 5pm & 6pm
    • Laps: 19 & 10
    • Last time here winners: Omari & Nic
    • Weather: Dry
    • Hotspot corners: Turn 1 & Turn 12

The Track

[​IMG]

Road America is a road course located near Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin on Wisconsin Highway 67. It has hosted races since the 1950s and currently hosts races in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, SCCA Pirelli World Challenge, ASRA, AMA Superbike series, and IndyCar Series. Road America is a permanent road course. It is located midway between the cities of Milwaukee and Green Bay. The track is situated on 640 acres (2.6 km2) in Wisconsin’s Kettle Moraine and it is located near the Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive. It has hosted races since September 1955 and currently hosts over 400 events a year. Road America is one of only a handful of road circuits in the world maintaining its original configuration being 4.048 miles (6.515 km) in length and 14 turns. The track features many elevation changes, along with a long front stretch where speeds approaching 200 mph (320 km/h) may be reached. One of the best known features of this course is a turn on the backside known as "the kink." At the beginning of the Group 6 race in the 2005 Brian Redman International Challenge, there was a large incident consisting of most of the field: The driver starting fifth (Ray Mulacek, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro) accelerated well before the green flag and tried to force his way between the wall and the car in front of him, resulting in contact with the wall. A following car checked up and was rear-ended, causing a spin that led to further contact as following cars were unable to avoid the growing incident. After just a few seconds of green flag racing, the red flag was waved. Following the initial incident, the failure of trailing drivers to heed red flags being shown at 14 and 15 (under the bridge at the crest of the hill) may have compounded the issue. Luckily, nobody was seriously injured, with the worst injury being a broken arm. On August 3, 2006, Cristiano da Matta, driver of Champ Car's RuSPORT team, was involved in a collision with a deer during Champ Car open testing at Road America. The deer ran in front of his car as he was heading towards turn 6. He hit the deer with his right front tire, the deer then flew back and hit da Matta in the cockpit. Da Matta was unconscious when the safety crew extricated him from the car, and was airlifted via Flight for Life to Theda Clark Medical Center south of Appleton, where he underwent surgery to remove a subdural hematoma.

Hotlap

This week the video is by myself, during season 3 when we had one shot qualifying. (Remember that?)

Last time out

Le circuit bugatti was the venue for TNGTC's 2nd endurance of the season, but the same names were at the front, with Oz, Gaz, Adam & Liam taking the first 4 slots. the race start was very clean, with a few drivers swapping positions. Gaz had taken the lead off of Oz, and looked to stay there, Liam had jumped Adam, but relinquished the place due to an error on lap 2. Ben brought himself into contention for a good result by trying a 1 stop strategy from the back, which saw him running 4th when the stops had played out, but with older tires and Liam being the far superior driver, he dropped to P5 with 20 minutes left. Jamie and Jeremy had a fight late on, which resulted in Jamie spinning. The race Finished Gaz, Oz*, Adam, Liam & Ben.

*Result could change due to Oz being under investigation.

Questions

First of all, the Azerbaijan GP, Where does that crazy race rate for you?

There were some key incidents, including Vettel & Hamilton, and the 2 Force Indias (AGAIN), What is your opinion on these?

Lance stroll, youngest ever rookie on a podium, Pay driver, or Lots of potential with alot to learn?

Tell us the most random fact you know.

• Angry Angry x 1
  2. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    No more f1 crap :mad:

3. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Here's a personalized question then

Why is Kimi so bad?

4. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +45

It's just like one of our sprint races :)

There were some key incidents, including Vettel & Hamilton, and the 2 Force Indias (AGAIN), What is your opinion on these?

I will upset people if I comment on the first incodent because some is well it starts with a bell.

Lance stroll, youngest ever rookie on a podium, Pay driver, or Lots of potential with alot to learn?

This makes no sense liam.

Adam thinks splitters are used for cooling not downforce. Oww and liam is second in the championship :o

P.s. thanks for the mention in the poll u cock :)

5. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,154
    Random fact: Mount Everest is in the UK

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +39
    @Adam Morris @Ben Milden @LIAMATTHURSO What could I possibly be under investigation for? I had 13 cuts on one corner which is a one second penalty since the limit was 12 and you get an additional second added for each cut over the max. Then 5 seconds for crossing pit exit. Seems like a straight forward 6 second penalty meaning I still finished 2nd.

7. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923

Not involved in this I'm afraid

8. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Neither am i i'm afraid, i thought the same as you, 6s, but i was told it was now stewards after the limit, (which was genuinely the first i heard) so adam told me to put it in there. When i passed ben with 20 mins to go, i was trying to build as big a gap as possible incase i got what i assumed would maybe be a like 2s penalty.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  9. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183

Was it Azerbaijan? I thought it was TNGTC Monza Sprint

Immature

A LEGEND!!!!!

Tell us the most random fact you know

Banging your head against a wall burns
    150 Calories an hour.

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Using this at Road Am and rest of races blah blah

IMG_1185.JPG

• Haha Haha x 2
  11. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    Questions

In terms of viewer entertainment: 9
    In terms of clean driving and sportsmanship: 3
    This race looked like a online lobby in pCars: pure and utter CHAOS!
    Plus, with Verstappen having to retire for the 4th time in 6 races is really starting to annoy me. Fix those issues, Renault!

Are these guys racing professionals? They might as well put any random moron with a big bank account in those cars...
    A good rivalry is always welcome, but at least keep your own car and those of others in one piece!

He did very well in GP3, but I don't see a future world champion in this kid. Right now, he is mainly throwing away daddy's money.

Did you know I have my own IMDb page? Yes, I am not only Max in disguise, I'm also a national movie star! :roflmao:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2464939/

12. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    So you're going to blow up your engine halfway through the race? Or did you learn how to downshift? :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923

I learnt not to rush a car change lol. Who cares season is nearly over let's blow some engines

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350

It's gonna be a classic, it had it all, crazy accidents, title rivals getting personal, crazy winners and podium.

Both Vet & Ham deserved pens, but Vet should never have reacted in that way. As for the FI's, Ocon did squeeze Perez, but Perez has pushed his luck, he nearly took Ocon out in canads into the last corner, and nearly took Ocon out 2 corner previous to their Baku crash

I will openly admit, i have been one of Stroll's biggest critics, but weirdly i was actually happy to see him get P3, kinda wanted him to get P2. But as for talent, we'll have to see how quickly he can learn

The phrase "butter wouldnt melt in your mouth" is incorrect, as butter doesnt actually melt in your mouth. Your internal temperature is 32° and the only food that melts at 32 is chocolate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  15. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +39
    @Adam Morris @Rob McEwan So, I would like an explanation of these penalties please since the stewards thread is closed... When hotspots were introduced it was made very clear you had 3 cuts per race per hot spot corner. If you went over the limit in any given race you would recieve a 1 second penalty for each cut over the limit. At Bugatti this limit was increased to 12 cuts per hot spot corner. For me specifically I had 13 at the first chicane and 10 at the 2nd chicane. This would mean a 1 second penalty as 13 - 12 = 1. 10 cuts is less than 12 so there's no problem there. How could a 30 second penalty come from 1 cut over the limit?

16. SkaankyPuppy

SkaankyPuppy

Ratings:
    +44

So what exactly did I get a penalty for? How come I can't qualify? I had previously accumulated a ban in Spa, which I served. Can you show me how you have come to these decisions please?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +593
    There must of been confusion with the penalty points you served a ban at Spa I will see what's happened.

18. SkaankyPuppy

SkaankyPuppy

Ratings:
    +44
    Ok cheers. I retired to the pits due to technical issues so as not to compromise other peoples races, I did not rage quit and waited until the end, I only cut 7 times, so the fact I got a penalty at all is very surprising to me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +593
    Well there's a Few reason for this and I will happily explain it to you I've had a lot going on so haven't been active again until this week .

Since the hotspots where brought back they have been seen as a joke really and people are still abusing track limits as if there are no rules, making sly jokes at organiser's because of the penalty's or just general childishness all around. Most of the time the penalties I would award wouldn't effect drivers in anyway then next event they carry on with the same thing which I cant stop but I can make sure drivers are penalised for it I just want to limit it as much as possible without in-game penalties so I decided that the stewards would review and award the penalties from now on so no one can argue about who done what or that's unfair as every driver was reviewed for 6 and a half hours we spent checking the footage so its all done fairly.

I find it funny that it seems people are now complaining because they are now been caught out and punished for extending but when its not them people couldn't care less.

Drivers can be all for pointing the finger at others everyone does it but when the extensions are being done fairly people don't like it and 12 cuts over a race is enough in my view before further review.

Now I will end on this majority of us here are over 20s and should know how to act and go about things that includes on track racing we are all competitive and want to have fun but we cant do that with constant complaining and arguments over penalties and rules. they where all done as fair as I could and tbh drivers would have more cuts than I posted trust me and I have them all saved we where very fair on what was and wasn't cuts.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  20. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +39
    You've decided to change how penalties work to punish people more, that's perfectly fine. I never heard anything about this until you just said it. It was clear we were still using hotspots at Bugatti and Liam even put it in the race preview post. I just rewatched the videos and only people that were over 12 cuts were reviewed. You said though the stewards reviewed everyone's cuts and hotspots had no affect here. How could Ben have 22 cuts total and I have 23 yet he gets no penalty and I get a 30 second penalty? That's not exactly fair. Others cut as well as you can see from the videos and weren't penalized at all. Are penalties entirely up to the stewards opinion's now and who they like and don't like?

• Agree Agree x 1