• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S5 | Rounds 13 & 14 | Zhuhai

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, May 7, 2017.

Which do you prefer to be?

Poll closed May 11, 2017.
  1. Big Spoon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Little Spoon

16.7%
  3. 2 people isn't enough

66.7%
  4. Ha, i'm forever alone!

16.7%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Race Details

• Race Times: 4pm & 5pm
    • Laps: 27 & 14
    • Last Time Here Winners: Andrew 2x
    • Weather: Random

The Track

[​IMG]

Zhuhai International Circuit is located in Jin Ding town in Zhuaho City, Guangdong Province, China.

Motorsport started in Zhuhai when it hosted a race on its street circuit in 1993, racing continued until 1996 when the motor racing circuit was constructed and became China’s first permanent motor race track with Formula One in mind. The first international race held at the circuit was the BPR Global GT Series. The circuit soon became the hotbed of local motorsports with teams from Hong Kong and Macau setting up their bases inside the circuit garages.
    The original circuit contained 16 corners. But corners 7, 8 and 9 were eliminated after a track change request from FIM and made into one corner.
    The circuit is 4.3 kilometres (2.67 mi) long and has 14 turns. 9 of them are right turns and 5 are left turns and the circuit runs clockwise only. The shorter straight is 500 metres (0.31 mi) long. The longest straight is the start/finish straight which is 900 metres (0.56 mi) long and 14 metres wide at its widest. Alexandre Imperatori, A1 Team Switzerland's rookie driver, suggested that there are lots of overtaking places in the circuit because of the combination of straights, hard braking areas for hairpins, tight corners, followed by and accelerating for long straights. The most successful driver on the circuit is the best one who can manage their brake wear. Zhuhai International Circuit is an FIA Grade II certified circuit.
    The fastest qualifying lap ever at the circuit was set by a Lola-Zytek A1 Grand Prix car on the fourth round on December 16, 2007 during the 2007-08 A1 Grand Prix season. It was driven by Michael Ammermüller and managed a lap of 1:23.203. However, this is not considered the lap record since lap records are taken from racing laps and not qualifying.
    The fastest unofficial lap ever at the circuit was set by a 2007 Panoz DP01 Champ Car on November 30, 2006. It was driven by Roberto Moreno, it managed a lap of 1:23.612 during a demonstration run.
    ZIC was included in the provisional 1999 F1 calendar. But the circuit subsequently lost its place in the calendar after failing to meet the international standards set by the FIA. F1 subsequently races in Shanghai International Circuit.
    Also there was a Hong Kong Touring Car Driver called Paul Poon

Hotlap

This week, our hotlap is provided by @Frank Finch driving the RUF RGT-8

Last Time Out

Matt took his 1st feature race win, due to Oz's issues, With Adam suffering a late spin that ended his chances. Gaz made the most of his back of the grid start to climb onto the podium in P3, With Andrew profiting on the last lap to gain P4. Oz recovered in the sprint race to win, with Liam staying P2, Benji claimed a podium, with Gaz again climbing to finish P4.

Questions

Zhuhai has always thrown up very extreme weather, does this prospect scare you, or encourage you?

What is your favourite event in terms of how you performed you have ever done in TNGTC?

McLaren have claimed they will fix their power unit problems, will they? and if so, how far up can they get?

You get a free pass to drive 1 car at 1 track, which car do you choose and where do you go? (car must be road legal)

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  2. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +594
    Zhuhai has always thrown up very extreme weather, does this prospect scare you, or encourage you?

Well I believe my cars more suited to the wet conditions around this track so I welcome the rain.

What is your favourite event in terms of how you performed you have ever done in TNGTC?

BRNO And Monaco Hands down.

McLaren have claimed they will fix their power unit problems, will they? and if so, how far up can they get?

LMAO They will be lucky to score points even with a upgraded engine Honda haven't got a clue what there doing.

You get a free pass to drive 1 car at 1 track, which car do you choose and where do you go? (car must be road legal)

This Isn't Road Legal But Oh Well Modern Day F1 Car To Be Precise This One

upload_2017-5-8_8-51-42.png

And For the track I think it would have to be Silverstone GP, Boring I know but id love to drive this flat out round my home circuit.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    Somehow I have always performed pretty well in the tricky conditions at Zhuhai. Has probably something to do with me living in the mostly wet Netherlands lol. So yeah, I'm looking forward to this week's races.

Even though I didn't finish that race, my favourite event was last season's endurance race at Le Mans. My Aston was absolutely flying in the wet... until I flew it into the wall coming into the Porsche Curves :(

Honda has been struggling with delivering a reliable and powerful engine for a few years now. I don't think they will fix the problems with the current engine in time and lose Alonso at (or maybe even before) the end of the season.

The car is easy: Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R M-spec Nür.
    The track was a bit harder. It was going to be either Zandvoort or the Nordschleife, but the latter has won.

IMG_7114.JPG

4. Frank Finch

Frank Finch

Ratings:
    +164
    How is the modern day F1 car road legal? :roflmao:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +594
    its not but nothing saying I cant try drive round London in it police wont catch me anyway until I need to do a pit stop lmao

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183

Love the rain, so I don't care if it's wet. As long as the rear tyres don't overheat I'm happy.

Nordscheilfie, le mans, imola, bathurst or zhuhai. It's hard to decide which was best.

I think they could make it past the formation lap. Anything else is unrealistic.

Zafira at a Finland rally stage

• Like Like x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  7. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +45

A bit of both tbh. I've not driven the aston in the wet. However I do like the unpredictability of rain so I'm on the line 50/50 with the weather.

Has Sakitto with taking 2nd of dom with 5 seconds to go in qualy. And getting my 1st podium. The rest of the time I've been just showing my fave to gain team points until pcars 2!!

No they won't personally since the new 2 f1 eras they never developed the cars well.

Would have to be the la ferrari purely because it's a. A Ferrari and b. It's the ultimate ferrari at the moment. And Track would be Thuxton, because you can push the car and let it be unleashed around the fastest track in the UK.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350

Usually encourage, i go well in the rain 95% of the time.

Sakitto S3, Grand slam in the feature, last to 2nd in the sprint.

Maximum they can do is probably be a par with 2016 competitiveness

Gotta be a GT1 Car, when they were required to make a road car. Be a R390 or a CLK-GTR

• Like Like x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  9. SkaankyPuppy

SkaankyPuppy

Ratings:
    +44

I am not a fish, wet is for fishes or ladies fannies when they think about me.

Either Nurburgring GP or Laguna Seca Race, even though Oz gifted me the win with his disconnect, as win in the feature is a win in the feature.

Yes they will fix their power unit problems...........When they get a different engine lol....VTEC not kicking in yo

Might as well take my M140i to Nordscheiffe! Can't see me being able to commit to taking it in real life, just in case!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Wooden Spoon Racing #93 Mercedes SLS GT3

Ratings:
    +457
    Out of town on vacation, so I won't be racing

11. Frank Finch

Frank Finch

Ratings:
    +164
    Too bad, mate. Enjoy your vacation though!

12. Frank Finch

Frank Finch

Ratings:
    +164
    ICYMI:

13. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    • Sad Sad x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    My races aren't important mainly because they were :poop:

But I am so happy for frank to do the races he has tonight great driving and results :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  15. Frank Finch

Frank Finch

Ratings:
    +164
    I reckon switching to the RUF was a good choice :)

Feature:
    Q: 10
    R: 8

Zhuhai always treats me well. Quali didn't like I hoped, but the races went great. I had a battle with @Jamief430 for the majority of the race, especially when the fog came on. I loved that part of the race! It was very close, but I managed to finish 8th. Very satisfied with that result.

Sprint:
    Q: 2
    R: 4

Holy handgrenades, Batman!!! I had pole for 3 seconds, until @Ben Milden went like 2 tenths faster. I was flabbergasted that I was actually on the first row! And to make things better, Ben went wide in T1. This was the first time I was actually leading a TNGTC race! But then my tyres got colder every lap and T1 got worse and worse to get through. In lap 5 I spun and Ben and I made contact. I came back on track in 5th. When Jamie spun I claimed 4th and was able to keep that position. That was an exciting battle to the end. Finishing in 4th is my best finish ever in TNGTC.

So all in all I'm happy I switched to the RUF and I'm very satisfied with tonight's results!

• Love Love x 7
  16. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,154
    Feature
    Quali - 11th - Not a great lap. Realised after the race I had wet aero on the whole feature race.
    Race - 10th - Just call me Ocon. another 10th, but not deserved. Had crap pace and kept making mistakes. Only benefited from Jeremy's miscalculation on tyres.

Sprint
    Quali - 5th - Was pleased to see it wet, but lost about 1 second on the final corner on my best lap.
    Race - 7th - My best result so far, but still disappointed @Andrew Holmes stole my p6 on the penultimate corner.
    Was a really fun race all in all. Was probably one of the slower drivers, but just kept in on the track (for the most part). Had some good battles with Adam, Matt, Andrew and briefly Benji.
    At least my wet pace was better than Donnington haha

• Like Like x 1
  17. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Feature Race Q2 R3

Got a front row slot, got out of T1 in the lead, knew it could be a good race, up into T4 got an almighty slam off Andrew, managed to keep P1 somehow, lap later, flippin the nonce Morris, spins me down to P5. stuck there, pitted early to try recoup my losses, when the first 3 stayed out mega late i was confident of P3, Was catching Adam and Gaz, but an error at the last corner put end to that, and just cruised it home.

Sprint

QNA - R2

Started ok, got squeezed out in T3, passed seeks in the hairpin, gave matt a small tap in the same move, 2 cars passed in 1. Had Gaz ahead fighting Jamie, but Ben and Frank spun, Ben managed to break me and Gaz up, so when Gaz got through on Jamie i couldnt capitalize. Jamie went wide at T1, Ben then spun, and it was plain sailing to the end, bar a glitch sending me 5 foot in the air and giving me full fuel.

Also massive shoutout @Frank Finch what a drive in that sprint! Shame you never got the win or podium, but that drive was mega!

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Frank Finch

Frank Finch

Ratings:
    +164
    Thanks m8888. Too bad I couldn't hold P1, but finishing P4 sure felt like a victory to me (just watch my live stream). Can't we do random weather in every race from now on? Or at least heavy fog and thunderstorm? :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    My races

Feature

Sprint

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

Ratings:
    +191

So we will see you next week yeah at sakitto??

you know adam has a fit when he doesn't know how many people he got racing

• Like Like x 2