• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S5 | Rounds 11 & 12 | Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Apr 27, 2017.

Who was driver of the day in Dubai?

Poll closed May 4, 2017.
  1. Max Verstappen

11.1%
  2. Max Verstappen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Max Verstappen

11.1%
  4. Max Verstappen

22.2%
  5. Jonathan Seekings

55.6%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Race Details

• Race Times: 5pm & 6pm
    • Laps: 29 & 15
    • Last Time Here Winners: Adel & Adam
    • Weather: Dry

The Track

[​IMG]

First constructed in 1957, the Laguna Seca Raceway is situated in Monterrey, California. The racetrack is 2.238 miles (3.602 km) long, with a 180 feet (55 m) elevation change. Its eleven turns are highlighted by the circuit's signature turn, the downhill-plunging "Corkscrew" at Turns 8 and 8A. A variety of racing, exhibition, and entertainment events are held at the raceway, ranging from superkarts to sports car racing to music festivals. The name Laguna Seca is Spanish for "dry lake": the area where the track now lies was once a lake, and the course was built around the dry lake bed. After the course was reconfigured, two artificial ponds were added. The first race, held on November 9, 1957, was won by Pete Lovely driving a Ferrari. In the intervening years, the track has hosted USRRC, Can-Am, Trans-Am, Formula 5000, IMSA GT, CART, American Le Mans Series, Grand American, Monterey Historic Automobile Races, Speed World Challenge, AMA (American Motorcyclist Association), WSBK Superbike World Championship and MotoGP motorcycle races. The track itself has undergone significant changes over the past two decades to meet evolving safety homologation requirements. Changes include the addition of the entire infield area in 1988 (present day turns 3, 4, and 5, eliminating the straight that started at present day turn 2 and ended at present day turn 5) extending the track from its original 1.9-mile (3.1 km) length to meet the minimum-track-length criteria of the FIM for MotoGP events. (Old Track pictured below). In 1989, the year following the last Formula One race in Detroit, choices for a new location for the United States Grand Prix came down to Laguna Seca and Phoenix. The aforementioned 1988 improvements to the track were made in part to lure the F1 race. In the final decision, Laguna Seca was thought to be too remote and too small for an F1 crowd, and so Phoenix was granted the Grand Prix. On August 20, 2006, Toyota F1 test driver Ricardo Zonta set an unofficial lap record of 1:06.039. The official lap record is a 1:05.786 set by Marc Gene, in a Ferrari F2003.

[​IMG]

Hotlap

This week we have @Ben McCluskey with a side by side of the RUF RGT-8 Vs an Aston Martin V12.

Last Time Out

Dubai made a return after it's S4 absence, and it wasn't long until it provided drama. only a few seconds in, Adam and Oz collided, effectively ending both their chances. Gaz pulled away, Liam made an early jump up to P2 from P6, With Ben, Matt & Benji, all fighting behind. the race didn't change much from there, with Gaz winning, Liam took P2 for a 3rd Spam Fritters 1-2 in a row. Matt took P3, surviving a late spin. Ben claimed P4 in his VW, Failing a post race emissions test, and Benji took P5. After the race Gaz was penalised for a qualifying infringement, and will start last in Laguna Seca, handing a great chance to the likes of Liam and Andrew. The sprint saw the 2 victims of the feature taking 1 & 2, With Oz leading Adam home, Gaz climbed up to P3, Keeping up his record in Dubai sprint races, Jamie took P4, And Liam claimed P5.

Questions

Last time we raced here it was S2, Are you glad to be back here?

Gaz starts last in the feature race, prediction of where he will finish?

Who is the favourite in Gaz's absence?

How much of a nonce is Adam for what he did in the feature?

• Sad Sad x 1
  2. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183

Not in an Aston. Feels great in other cars.

DNF

Not Alan

Not as much as Liam is ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    A1: yes it's a good track except the kerbs which are like ice. I'm expecting my car to be fairly strong on this circuit

A2: top 15 I think

A3: well Gaz is racing so it's hardly an absence. What you mean is who is favourite with cheating Gaz at the back? Alan ftw

A4: Pretty huge but at least he owned up and even didn't finish the race possible through embarrassment

4. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    I joined halfway through S3, so this will be my first time at Laguna Seca. I like this track though. It's a pretty technical track, so I guess I'll end up somewhere at the back. But like a wise man once said: it's better to race at the back, than not to race at all.

Probably 4th, unless I can hold him up long enough ;)

With a lot of tight corners, this track probably suits the M3 best. So I think either Liam or Adam will take the victory in the Feature.

We all make mistakes and he paid dearly for his. So he is still no Crashtor Maldonado.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    Questions

No I very much dislike this track. Once again another track that doesn't promote overtaking. So when I'm coming through the field and I make a gutsy move and I run into you, don't blame me, that's the only way a Mercedes can overtake around this Go-Kart reject of a track.

Probably still end up either winning or on the podium.

From what I've heard it's Adam but I don't know many times so can't really make that call.

No idea, wasn't there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +594
    last time we raced here it was S2, Are you glad to be back here?

A: Yeah I suppose so love the track its just very hard to pass here so traffic may be a issue

A: Most likely In the Top 7 at least

A: Hopefully me :) pace feels strong enough to win but there's at least 6 of us with a chance to win here so ill wait and see what happens

A: Id say just as much as Liam is Spams NO.2 Driver so 100% nonce haha :)

7. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Ratings:
    +594
    Messages For Laguna

. @Night4001 And @Gareth Williams are both banned from Qualifying in the Feature race at Laguna Seca, both are allowed to Qualify in the Sprint. Jeremy's Ban is from the 25 Penalty points total he now has.

.This is a quick message for everyone, can drivers that Arnt really working with their team mates Atm try and make an effort to help one another as that's what your their for I can understand that not everyone gets along but in the best interest of all drivers I feel this needs addressing but it would be greatly appreciated if drivers work better with their counterparts and help each other improve. @Aidan Lucas And @ozwheels you are both Teammates, with Aidan being new to project cars I would like you to help him where you can with setups and learning the game ect to help him improve.

. I know that everyone helps each other here which is one of the good things about this group but just a reminder to all that you have a teammate that deserves help first before your competitors this is including myself :) as the old saying goes theres no "I" in team haha

• Like Like x 2
  8. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    There's an "I" in Slightly Mad Motorsports;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

Ratings:
    +191
    I don't see one :cautious:

10. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    Then you Sir are blind.

11. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

Ratings:
    +191
    There's two I's in our team name :p

12. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    If that's so, there's no 'I' in Our Future ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  13. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    Sounds good to me. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Banter

• Like Like x 2
  15. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Ratings:
    +594
    Random Much Ben Haha

16. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

Ratings:
    +191
    Bens banter is as dry as a desert

• Like Like x 2
  17. SkaankyPuppy

SkaankyPuppy

Ratings:
    +44
    As long as I keep it off the sand yes.

5th

Ozwheels

It was a mighty error lol

• Like Like x 3
  18. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +45

I wasn't here in season 2. But I hate this track with a passion.

Behind me. I am adiment he will not get passed.

Hopefully my teammate @SkaankyPuppy. He's doing well atm and hope it continues. Or second choice is Adam :)

Silly question we all know he's a nonce.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    Too late. I got bumped into a Ginetta

• Angry Angry x 1
  20. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    Big news

Spam fritters drivers Afgan Williams and Dave will not be able to race due to health and safety reasons. Gaz does not match the minimum requirements of hair for protection incase of a crash and Dave is below the minimum height to drive a gt3 car.
    Lord Alan has also agreed to ban the m3 and that everyone must drive the Ginetta.

In other news
    Ben has been placed in a retirement home.
    ....At last

• Like Like x 5
    • Angry Angry x 1