• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S5 | Rounds 1 & 2 | Zolder

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Mar 12, 2017.

1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +360
    Race Facts

• Race Times: 9am & 10am
    • Laps: 27 & 14
    • Expected Pace: Low 1:29s
    • Last Time Heres Winners: Andrew & Afghan Gaz
    • Weather: Dry

The Track

[​IMG]

Zolder was originally built in 1963, Facing very minor changes until the current iteration of the track, which was finished in 1986. The track is 4.011 km (2.492 mi)
    in length, with 10 official turns. Zolder has previously hosted F1 (On 10 occasions), DTM, Blancpain, 24 hours of Zolder, FIA EU Truck Racing & EU Nascar Series. Zolder will mostly be remembered for the death of Gilles Villeneuve in 1982, Zolder losing the Belgian GP in 1983, Before one last appearance in 1984, With Michele Alboreto winning for Ferrari, fittingly with Villeneuves #27 on his car Before the fixture permanently moved to Spa-Francorchamps. The circuit currently boasts a lap record of 1.14.089 Set by Sebastian Bourdais in 2007 (Remember him?). Zolder is also currently in use for cycling events, Hosting the BMX World Championships as recently as 2015. Previous lap records of the previous iterations are held by Rene Arnoux, And Francois Cevert, both in F1 Cars.

TNGTC Is Back!

[​IMG]

On the 23rd of March,TNGTC Will be back, with new rules, and new teams. So while we're here, lets remind ourselves of the changes.

We have a new points system, aimed at making the championship closer, so now in the feature race, points will go 20, 17, 14, 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1. The sprint will now go 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Both races will reward 1 point for fastest lap & pole position. Endurance races will no longer be worth 50 points down, but will now go 40, 34, 28, 22, 18, 14, 10, 6, 4, 2. Endurances will reward 2 points for pole position and fastest lap.

We also have a new steward, @Rob McEwan will be joining @Thomas While as a steward, and will be replacing @Jonathan Seekings who is taking up a race seat for season 5.

Hotlap

With S5 Approaching, will there be change at the top, will we see new race winners, will we see a new champion, or a repeat champion? Will Spam Fritters Racing still be the team to beat, We will know the answers, in a few months time. Now onto the Questions.

New season, new start, what will your objectives be for a good season?

There are some new partnerships this season, but who of the new pairing looks strongest?

The calendar for this season has been well received, but is there any tracks missing you would have liked to seen make an appearance?

What was your personal highlight of last season?

Finally, do you like this thread, and would you make any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,163
    Endurance races will no longer be double feature race points? I know i'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but that looks remarkably like double the feature race points to me mate :p

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +360
    No idea what you're on about :whistling:

4. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    New season, new start, what will your objectives be, for a good season?
    For a good season definitely. The main goal for me is to work on being both fast and consistent as I was either one or the other last season. I will try to win as many races as I possibly can, however, getting meaningful points is key at every round.

There are some new partnerships this season, but who of the new pairing looks strongest?
    I think Gaz and Liam will be strong again. They're double teams champions and Gaz is double Drivers' champion so it's clearly a strong pairing. Nic and Omari will be a team to watch. Adam and Ben should be strong together until Ben changes car. I don't think you should count Benji and I out though.

The calendar for this season has been well received, but is there any tracks missing you would have liked to seen make an appearance?

Well clearly with a performance point of view, I'd like Le Mans back, but obviously that's just me. I would've liked Sonoma to have been the circuit we used in Season One rather than the full one, I also wish Watkins Glen would've been consigned to the history books. Very happy that Donington's back.

Probably either Bathurst (I'm not amazing over one lap so I was pleased to get pole and then go on to win) or Zhuhai with the double win!

Hot Lap videos or something like that but I know that's a big ask. Other than that, pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +188
    I would like to continue the form of S4 and win a few more races. Fighting for the championship would be good but it's hard to say if I have the consistency yet to challenge for it. It would be nice, but first I need to beat my teammate nd he's in great form atm.

Spam Fritters will be strong again. Old guy and Alan should also be a big treat. Nic is always there no matter what car he's in, hopefully Omari can race as he will also be right up there. Andrew is also looking really quick and I'll be trying to keep up. This season should be the closest and best league season ever!

Nordschleife
    :cautious:

Winning Imola and my Nordschleife qualifying lap

MORE PICTURES!!! :p:p:p
    (You know who to ask ;))

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +166
    I'm not here to finish 4th... but a mid-pack finish would be nice ;) My goal is to keep improving and score more points than last season.

Gaz and Liam will be a strong team again, but of the new teams, I think Ben and Adam are also strong contenders for the title. They both show great pace and consistency and they know how to set up a car.

It's a shame Brands Hatch isn't on this season's calendar. I love that track. But I'm looking forward to the newly added tracks though. Laguna Seca is such an amazing track. A real GT3 roller coaster!

My personal highlight was most definitely my flying pace during the first few (and only :() laps at Le Mans. The Aston performed so well in the rain that day!

Yes, I like it and keep up the good work!

Fun fact:
    Did you know that Zolder means attic in Dutch?

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dominic Ollivierre

Dominic Ollivierre

Ratings:
    +246
    If you ain't 1st ya last boy... just to have fun ...

Sensimelia boyz...

Zolder is a silly track...
    Brands should always be on...
    Rest is a balanced selection...

Nords?... once I race unscathed it's a highlight...

No differnt to the ones before in terms of presentation really... but more serious and relevant questions...
    have polls every thread as a banter where drivers vote on predictions of say an overtake, a dnf, winning team, something fun...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Track Limits GT BMW M6 #137 Premium

Ratings:
    +463
    I would like to finish mid-table, which is usually my objective, but I'm really going to push for a better finish this year. More practice should help with that, and the SLS is handling a lot better than I expected.

It can be anyone's day, on any week.... with that said.... everyone will be chasing Gaz and Liam. They will have some close competition from Andrew/Benji, Dom/Omari, and Adam/Ben.... after that it's best of the rest.

Calendar seems to be really nice this season... maybe a tad bit long but can't complain.

Not many highlights, but I did manage some sprint race podiums... one in the Aston and one in the Vette.

Don't think we need a track history, but it was kind of nice. I think everyone else has hit the nail on the head.

9. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,948
    A1: Win the championships simple as that

A2: I think Liam and Gaz are the bench mark others have the ability to beat them but it must be on a consistent basis. Watch Dom and Omari and Andrew and Benji

A3: I love Brands Hatch to but like everyone is saying calendar looks good and fair

A4: not many but enjoyed Bathurst and spa

A5: I liked Benji's and thanks for all your hard work mate. This is neat and tidy so I'm happy with it

Good luck everyone let's have a good clean stress free season

• Like Like x 2
  10. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +360

Win more races, have less bad luck, and just be able to push gaz more

I appreciate people saying me and gaz will be the team to beat, but the pairing of Omari & Nic, and The old man & Adam will be tough, plus theres also andrew and benji.

Snetterton :cautious:

The win at watkins is up there, but i would have to say the fact that i seem to have found a new level, or invigoration in my driving through last season, and i hope to keep it.

Well i've just done what Adam asked, and his #1 request was more track information and history, and keep it cleaner. I appreciate everyone's suggestions and input and will use what i can

Also can i just ask, if anyone has a hotlap for an upcoming race and wants me to use it in a thread, please just PM me the video, (it's easier than me having to go do a lap every week) Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    I've got one for Monza when you do the thread, think I've got one for donington as well

12. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +360
    Awesome, just message me them when you can and i'll use them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +614
    try mixing the cars up for the hot laps if you can mate for a couple of them anyway lol would be nice to see

• Like Like x 2
  14. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +614

I Think its about time I was in the fight for the championship, as long as I'm right there threw the season all be happy bens looking very strong as well.

Out of the new pairing I reckon the 2 strongest will be myself and ben and omari and Nic

BRNO :(

Winning 4 Races

Yeah the new threads are great, only thing I would suggest maybe we try proper track guides for each event where someone commentates over the hot laps.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    I only post times I do in testing. It's not as though I'm making hot lap videos, I'm just posting good Laps

16. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    What I'd add to that is do it in a car that's not being used for the season. So McLaren or Ginetta. Make it the same car every week

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +188
    I'm certainly not the quickest driver here and these laps are not extremely quick but I do think I'm one of the most consistent
    ...until tyre wear kicks in :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,948

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +360
    I was just gonna post it in the actual thread but ok.

20. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,948
    I already did ass

• Love Love x 1