1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S5 | Round 22 | Le Circuit Bugatti

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Force India

28.6%
  2. Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Renault

28.6%
  4. McLaren

42.9%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348
    Race Details

• Race Time: 6pm
    • Duration: 2 hours
    • Last Time Here Winners: Afghan Gaz & Omari
    • Hotspot Corners: Turns 2-3 And Turns 7-8
    • Weather: Dry

The Track

[​IMG]

Bugatti Circuit is a permanent race track located within Circuit des 24 Heures, named after Ettore Bugatti. The circuit uses a part of the larger circuit and a separate, purpose-built section. The sections of track on the Bugatti Circuit that are on the Circuit des 24 Heures include the Ford Chicane at the end of the lap, the pit complex, and the straight where the Dunlop Tyres bridge is located. At this point in the overlapping section of the tracks there is a left right sweep that was added for motorcycle safety in 2002. Vehicles turning to the left continue onto the Circuit des 24 Heures, toward Tertre Rouge and Mulsanne, vehicles turning to the right at La Chapelle will continue the Bugatti Circuit. The infield section features Garage Vert, a back straight, the 'S' du Garage Bleu, and Raccordement, which joins back at the Ford chicane. The track was home base for Pescarolo Sport, founded by famous French driver Henri Pescarolo. (Pescarolo car shown below). The circuit also holds French motor club races and in the past has hosted rounds of the International Formula 3000 Championship and DTM (German Touring Car series). As well as motor racing it is the venue for the 24 rollers, a 24h race on inline skates or quads.

[​IMG]

Pescarolo C60 (2006)

Hotlap

This week it is provided by Benji, who always happens to upload a hotlap of the upcoming track, strange isn't it?

Last Time Out

The feature was going to put drivers to the ultimate test, with heavy rain and fog. It was Oz who had taken pole ahead of Gaz. I don't really know what happened tbh because like 2 people did race reports, but it eventually dried up, so Oz won, Gaz P2, Liam P3, Ben P4, And Matt taking P5 from the back. The sprint saw Seeks getting ready for DiRT 4, By rally crossing through Eau Rouge. Down at the bus stop chaos ensued, with about 4 drivers having to escape over it, due to contact or otherwise. The last 2 laps proved chaotic, with thunderstorms coming down, with 2 laps left. meaning most of the drivers were on Slick tyres in the games worst conditions. Adam the sprint race merchant won, with Gaz right behind him, Liam took P3, Matt P4 and Benji P5.

Questions

2nd endurance of the season, what are your expectations for yourself?

Robert Kubica tested for Renault recently, but who in your opinion never fulfilled their potential in F1?

What is the rarest car you have ever seen in person?

Was Sergio Perez right to refuse Ocon by, potentially losing Force India a podium?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  2. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +155
    I'll be doing the full 24H of Le Mans this weekend, so a 2-hour endurance should be a piece of cake after that ;) I haven't really raced the Bugatti circuit before, so that might form a small challenge.

Robert Kubica tested for Renault recently, but who in your opinion never fulfilled their potential in F1?
    Even though he is a former world champion, Alonso never achieved what he wanted of should have. Call it poor choices, call it bad luck. I'm not particular fan of his, but he is a great driver.

I don't know which is the rarest, but I've seen an Jaguar XJ220 and a DeLorean. This rarest/most expensive cars I ever sat in were the Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec II and the Audi R8 V10+ Leading Car.

I have also seen the Batmobile from the first Batman movie and Ecto-1 ;)

Was Sergio Perez right to refuse Ocon by, potentially losing Force India a podium?

No, he should have taken one for the team, but he just doesn't want to admit that Ocon is better than him. Maybe it doesn't really show yet, but Ocon is a diamond in the rough. He'll be world champion one day. Perez is an idiot either way.

Foto 21-08-16 14 23 52.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +171

Not much. Given up with Pcars.

Everyone who isn't swimming in stupid amounts of money.

probably Red Bull F1 2009 car

Yes

4. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,900

Could your answers be anymore Andrew lol

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +171
    nope

6. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,900
    Questions

To win or at least a podium

There have been many over the years to many to list but probably losing Gilles Villeneuve and Francois Cervert in there prime was a big loss as they hadn't fulfilled their potential. Of recent years hiekki kovalinen Nico Hulkenberg

Hard to list one as been to Goodwood Fesitval of speed several times. Driven E-type Jaguars and a Dodge Viper and a Ferrari testorossa. Hmmm can't remember lol

Who cares

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,900
    IMG_1048.PNG 90% sure this will be my car in pcars 2 slightly addicted to the look and sound of it

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +171
    the only problem being it's a gte and quicker than gt3

9. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,900
    See how the game does it this time

10. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +171
    there is a gt3 version. it looks just the same basically

• Love Love x 1
  11. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Wooden Spoon Racing #93 Mercedes SLS GT3 Premium

Ratings:
    +457
    You can drive that in Assetto.... handles like a dream

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348

Podium minimum. These races are where the big points are at, so it's important to have a solid race in the endurances

Will Stevens.

For a road car 3 potential options, Jag XJ220, Pagani Zonda or an Ultima GTR. Did see a 488 recently. As for race cars, i've seen le mans cars fron like the 30s and 40s, and a Jag F1 car, and a stewart F1 car, that was pretty cool being scottish and all.

To put it simply, Perez is a Thunder cu*t

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +171
    would anyone be interested in endurance racing after this season is completed.

Races would be around 2 - 3 hours long

events could be;
    lmp1 at Le Mans
    GT3 at Nordschleife
    V8's at Bathurst
    Indycar at Monza

14. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,900
    IMG_1085.JPG Decided to go with fun over performance so will run the Aston Martin v8 GTE until seasons end yes for real no this isn't a joke no I won't be swapping and sorry @Adam Morris lol

Number and colour scheme to follow

• Wow Wow x 2
  15. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +155
    I heard Adam was seeing if we could do mini LMP2 season to fill the gap to the release of Pcars 2. Personally, I am more interested in that option.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Jonathan Seekings

Jonathan Seekings

Ratings:
    +1,151
    I like the idea of doing different cars each week.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jamief430

Jamief430

Ratings:
    +42
    We should do a multi class race :)

18. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,900
    IMG_1099.JPG

19. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +171
    I thought I'd join the Ben bandwagon and change car. I'll be driving the BMW Z4.

Motivation is low for most people right now, I'm not getting the results and feel that I wanted from the Aston, so I think a change is required. I'll rather drive something I enjoy than be a train driver in the sprint races m888.

Here is a picture of my sexy beast (Not Seeks)
    PS_Messages_20170617_000505.jpg IMG_20170615_000423_937.jpg IMG_20170615_000517_025.jpg

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,900

Gp2 car

• Agree Agree x 1