• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S5 | Round 16 & 17 | Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, May 22, 2017.

Where should Alonso's next move in F1 be?

Poll closed May 26, 2017.
  1. Stay at McLaren

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mercedes, in place of Bottas

14.3%
  3. Renault, in place of Palmer

14.3%
  4. Ferrari, in place of Bwoah

14.3%
  5. Just retire and get Seeks in the car to point at stuff.

57.1%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Race Details

• Race Times: 9am & 10am
    • Laps: 24 & 12
    • Last Time Here Winners: Benji & Matt
    • Weather: Dry

The Track

[​IMG]

The Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari is a motorsport race circuit near the Italian town of Imola, 40 kilometres (24.9 mi) east of Bologna and 80 kilometres (49.7 mi) east of the Ferrari factory in Maranello. The circuit is named after Ferrari's late founder Enzo and his son Dino who had died in the 1950s. Before Enzo Ferrari's death in 1988 it was called 'Autodromo Dino Ferrari'. It was the venue for the Formula One San Marino Grand Prix (for many years two Grands Prix were held in Italy every year, so the race held at Imola was named after the nearby state) and it also hosted the 1980 edition of the Italian Grand Prix, which usually takes place in Monza. When Formula One visits Imola, it is seen as the 'home circuit' of Ferrari. Imola, as it is colloquially known, is one of the few major international circuits to run in an anti-clockwise direction. The track was inaugurated as a semi-permanent venue in 1953, and it had no chicanes, so the run from Rivazza all the way to Tosa, through the pits and the Tamburello was totally flat out, as was the run from Acque Minerali all the way to Rivazza was just a long straight with a few small bends; and the circuit remained in this configuration until 1972. In 1980 Imola officially debuted in the Formula One calendar by hosting the 50th Italian Grand Prix. It was the first time since the 1948 Edition held at Parco del Valentino that the Autodromo Nazionale Monza did not host the Italian Grand Prix. The race was won by Nelson Piquet and it was such a success that a new race, the San Marino Grand Prix, was established especially for Imola in 1981. Despite the addition of the chicanes, the circuit was subject to constant safety concerns, mostly regarding the flat-out Tamburello corner, which was very bumpy and had dangerously little room between the track and a concrete wall which protects the Santerno river that runs behind it. In 1987, Nelson Piquet had an accident there during practice and missed the race due to injury. In the 1989 San Marino Grand Prix, Gerhard Berger crashed his Ferrari at Tamburello after a front wing failure. The car caught fire after the heavy impact but thanks to the quick work of the firefighters and medical personnel Berger survived and missed only one race (the 1989 Monaco Grand Prix) due to burns to his hands. Michele Alboreto also had a fiery accident at the Tamburello corner testing his Footwork Arrows at the circuit in 1991 but escaped injury. During Saturday qualifying for the 1994 Grand Prix, Austrian Roland Ratzenberger crashed head-on into a wall at over 310 km/h at the Villeneuve corner after his Simtek lost the front wing, dying instantly from a basilar skull fracture. The tragedy continued the next day, when the three-time World Champion Ayrton Senna lost control of his car and crashed into the concrete wall at the Tamburello corner on Lap 7. He succumbed shortly after impact as a piece of the car had pierced his helmet and skull. Since 2007, the circuit has undergone major revisions. The Variante Bassa chicane has been removed, making the run from Rivazza 2 to the first Tamburello chicane totally flat-out, much like the circuit in its original fast-flowing days. However the chicane has been reinstalled for motorcycle races. The old pit garages and paddock have been demolished and completely rebuilt while the pitlane was extended and resurfaced.

Hotlap

This weeks hotlap is provided by myself, from season 2 in the cruise lin... i mean McLaren MP4-12C.

Last Time Out

The ever-present Sakitto returned in form of an endurance race, and it started in predictable form, with the SFR Drivers locking out the front row, but it was a mad start with Liam dropping to P5, drama was nit much further away, as Oz had a technical failure early on in turn 2, ending his race. Soon after pole-sitter Gaz retired with a failure also. 2 of the 5 early contenders were out. the race soon settled down in action, with the only highlight being Benji overtaking Jeremy arounf the outside of the uphill left before spoon. towards the end of the 2nd stint, the order was Liam, Matt & Adam, with all 3 fighting. after the 2nd stops the order was Matt, Adam, Liam, but Matt made a fuel miscalculation and had to pit again, leaving it to Liam and Adam for a straight fight, Liam had a glitch, dropping him 3 seconds, giving Adam breathing room. But in the last 2 laps, Adam fell off the cliff, with Liam harassing him, but there was no way by. the race ended Adam, Liam, Ben, Matt & Benji, With Seeks taking an impressive P6.

Questions.

First time Sakitto has appeared as an endurance, how did you find it?

Imola has provided crazy wet races before, but this year it's dry, do you prefer this?

Alonso has qualified P5 For the Indy 500, did you expect him to do so well?

Would you rather there was the chicane before the start line, or prefer this layout?

• Angry Angry x 1
  2. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +594

I really enjoyed it, wasn't expecting much going into this race but my pace and performance was spot on happy to take my 1st Feature win of the season.

Imola has provided crazy wet races before, but this year it's dry, do you prefer this?

Around Imola I prefer the dry conditions mainly because every time I've raced in the wet round here I always get the cold tyre glitch making it a challenge to even do a lap.

I'm impressed with how well hes doing so far, really hope he can challenge for the win ill be watching and cheering him on.

Would you rather there was the chicane before the start line, or prefer this layout?

Prefer the track as it is.

3. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183

Not as bad as I thought it would go. Once I found a rhythm in the car and track it became quite enjoyable. I even got my tyres to go 18 laps and could've actually got more if I had more fuel #shockoftheseasonm8. Made a stunning move on the outside of Jeremy and went side by side with seeks though 130r. They're probably my best parts of the race.

No m8888

Forget Alonso, seeks got pole

Prefer this layout. The chicane is used for wsbk and I don't personally think it would work for gt3 racing. Plus the straight isn't that long anyway

• Angry Angry x 1
  4. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +39
    Are we allowed to go that far over the white lines after the chicane? I thought it was 2 wheels in the lines at all times.

5. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    I like Sakitto as an endurance. The track just burns through your tyres. After my battle with Jamie they were completely gone and I had to pit after only 15 laps, while in practice I could easily do 20. Next year Sakitto as an enduro with random weather conditions please!

I prefer not doing Imola at all. I dislike this track very much, as I just can't seem to find the right rhythm on it. And as I seem to be doing well in the wet, I'll prefer that over dry conditions.

He is a very good driver, so I'm not that surprised. Maybe they should put that Honda engine in his F1 car lol.

Like I said before, I'd rather have no layout at all. This track is only suited for old F1 cars or 4x4 trucks, with all it's bumps and annoying kerbs. But if I had to choose, then I prefer the current layout.

6. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Wooden Spoon Racing #93 Mercedes SLS GT3

Ratings:
    +457
    Track limits are the kurbs not the white lines. As for that chicane, I believe it's two wheels on the AstroTurf

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Wooden Spoon Racing #93 Mercedes SLS GT3

Ratings:
    +457
    Won't make this one fellas. Aiming for next week at the glen

• Sad Sad x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Ratings:
    +594
    thanks for letting us know mate

9. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,923

Is this the tight chicane near the end of the lap? If so we allow cars to run over the white line there but you must not go past the green Astro turf part

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Ratings:
    +594
    upload_2017-5-23_10-21-26.png

@ozwheels This is acceptable threw the chicane 2 wheels of the green astro is not allowed, so this is very close to the limit but legal

11. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    As long as the game doesn't invalidate your lap you should be safe. That is the perfect way to find the limit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +39
    For the rest of the lap it's 2 wheels inside the white lines right? There a lot of places to gain time here if you run all 4 over the white lines into the greencrete.

13. SkaankyPuppy

SkaankyPuppy

Ratings:
    +44
    I will not be able to make this one, as I am currently in Cornwall and although due back Thursday evening, will be a struggle and no practice at all either. If there is space I may be in time for the sprint, traffic dependant. It will be too close to call getting back in time for the feature. Can keep you posted if there are not 16, would still like to run around, even if I have not had practice.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +39
    All of these pictures have 4 wheel on the astro. They are all ok since none of them have 2 wheels off the astro right? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The next 2 pictures is what I saw everyone doing in practice. These would be illegal correct?[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Apart from the chicane at the end of S2, it's 2 wheels on the kerb, only the chicane is the astroturf legal.

• Angry Angry x 1
  16. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +39
    Are 2 wheels allowed on the concrete or do all 4 have to remain on the astro turf. In the video you posted you had 2 wheels on the concrete.

17. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +350
    Thats back in season 2. Take what adam says

• Angry Angry x 1
  18. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +39
    Thank you.

I hope everyone cleans up their lines before race day. :cautious:

19. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    I don't know about you guys but unless I go 4mph, my Aston can't stay within 4 wheels of the green stuff

• Angry Angry x 1
  20. ozwheels

ozwheels

Ratings:
    +39
    Yes it's a very slow chicane. Which is why I am asking so many questions. Everyone is going way way further than their allowed according to the last few post.