1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

S4|Stewards Office

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Adam Morris, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #25 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

This is the Season Four Stewards’ Office for the Thursday Night GT Championship. If you wish to report an incident or activity, drivers must have video footage of the incident, and should provide onboard footage and outside footage of each driver involved to give the stewards the best insight possible. If you do not have video footage, your enquiry will not be reviewed. Drivers will have one post to explain their side of the story; if drivers begin to argue, they will be sanctioned.

upload_2016-10-10_9-2-29.png

S4 Stewarding Team

.Thomas While
    .Jonathan Seeking's

Stewards Enquiry's

.Must Have Footage Showing The Incident
    .Name Of Drivers Involved
    .Time Period Of The Related Incident
    .Brief Statement Of Your View Of The Incident

2. Hi. Just posting so I get notifications for this thread

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Team Merica #64 Corvette C7.R Premium Member

Leaving the track and gaining an advantage.

.Must Have Footage Showing The Incident

.Name Of Drivers Involved - Benji and Lance

.Time Period Of The Related Incident - First video full video. Second video from 31:37 - 31:55

.Brief Statement Of Your View Of The Incident - Benji and Liam get a small contact glitch pushing Benji off the track, upon rejoining, Benji runs wide out of the last turn and keeps the throttle down allowing him to pass me off the track. I was ahead of Benji for a short time but the pass HAS to be completed on the circuit.

Even though Benji finished almost a full lap in front of me, we have all read the rules and regulations, this is clearly an illegal overtake. A time penalty might be too much but some penalty points can be handed out.

4. I was taking avoiding action as I know from past experience that when you have a contact glitch, you're going straight on. I didn't want to ruin Liam's race by this so I went straight on and had to take the outside of the kerb as a crash between me and lance would've happened if I came back on before hand. I also did not see that lance had overtaken me and didn't know to give back the position.

It could be seen as an illegal overtake but I personally see it as a avoided contract and as I said before I did not know lance had overtaken me for a brief moment. If I had seen this I would've backed off for sure.

I can see where lance is coming from but over a 2 hour race, something this minor is not worthy of a penalty. I hope this doesn't cause any tension between us two lance, I really like you as a person.

My POV is shown above so I will not be uploading any video.
    Also on a side note, I think everyone should either Livesteam or record their race with the share button which videos 60 minutes now and then upload it straight after the race so the stewards can properly see our POV's and what we actually seen at the moment of the accident.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the videos and the descriptions. We'll have a verdict on this incident as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steward's Decision
    - Benji is to be given a five second penalty for an illegal overtake.

We understand that Benji was avoiding an incident which is why he ended up off the track and he wasn't sure whether to give back the position. However he clearly broke the rules as he gained an advantage and overtook whilst all four wheels were over the white line.

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Results remain unchanged just in case anyone wondered Benji was 8.3 ahead of Andrew

• Like Like x 2
  8. Drivers Involved: Omari & Ramzi

Footage: Whole Video

Brief Statement:

Ramzi gets a poor start, meaning i go by him, and Omari has to go left around him, and dispite this being Monaco, we were fitting 3 cars. Then, for some unknown to man reason, Ramzi goes left with 2 cars being there, tags Omari, which causes Omari to effectively P.I.T manoevure me, then to follow it up, he smashes me twice afterwards. No place was handed back by ramzi or anything. Omari is 100% Innocent is this. Also i believe Ramzi came last so most likely won't be affected, but judging by other races, and what he did later in the lap, we can't keep letting people away with things because of where they finished.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. What happened later inthe lap?

10. Nothing to do with me, so i can't appeal it, but chaos.

11. Yeah liam is right....cant just not highlight things due to finishing positions. If and when i learn how to upload it i will

• Like Like x 1
  12. From my humble point of view on the start and the second incident on the same lap.

I had very bad wheel spin off the line. When the other two M3's where alone side me, I was just starting to get grip. The car then moved right and then left as the tyres were getting grip. I did not steer either way intentionally. As you can see, my car moved left only a hair. I did not know i had someone right along side. Omari was in my blind spot however there was nothing i could have done to stop my car moving a bit sideways.

As for later in the same lap. I had space on the inside of the hairpin as it looked like the other two cars were pushing each other wide, I was already committed to the corner. So i had to make a very tight left around the inside of the hairpin. There was touching between all 3 cars. However all 3 cars made it around intact and came out side by side by side. I then backed off for the following right as i would have been pushed into the barrier if i had stayed committed to the corner. Then for Portier i was taking my normal line when an SLS tried to go around the outside. I did not even know he was trying to overtake in that place as its a very tight corner for one car. So we made contact on the exit of the corner pushing the SLS into the wall. All not intended. I did not know he was there trying an overtake. The SLS hit me with his front right on my rear left far behind the drivers door. Meaning i was more then half a cars length in front for the corner.

The SLS was then given a wide berth on the Nouvelle Chicane where he over took me and went on his merry way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. These cars don't wheelspin after 1st in the dry. If you were wheelspinning it would for sure have sent you to the right aswell when you hit omari, but dispite "wheelspinning" you had enough grip to keep going straight.

Either way it's up to the stewards

14. Dude you came in like a wrecking ball at the hairpin, you just kept your foot in throughout that section, I lost out heavily not wanting to be put in the wall yet again

I got some footage to follow that I want to put up just not been on yet to crop it all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

• Angry Angry x 1
  16. Stewards Decision

Unless Ramzi posts footage to change our minds, Ramzi will receive a sprint race qualifying ban at Zuhai. We deemed him to be at fault for causing the crash off the start line, but the second collision made on the straight with the spinning car was unavoidable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I don't have the time to get the footage, edit it and put another argument to the stewards. If you all feel i caused it who am i to argue. I will take the penalty. However i can not be in the next race at Zuhai as i am traveling for Xmas. So i will take the penalty at the next race i can attend.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Thank you for your honesty mate. Have a good Christmas :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Driver involved: Nic

To summarise the incident, basically start okay, looking at the issues unfolding with liam etc next thing I know I'm looking at barrier,

I came out of the incident with steering damage and heavy aero damage, I could barely overtake my shadow never mind another car on track

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dear stewards...

The start was chaotic, a lot of movement going on all at once. From the view we actually use while racing (not chase cam), everything happens fast especially with the corvette being a car that accelerates rapidly over the others...
    from my pov, I was approaching gaz quite quickly and going for the space on the left assuming that he would see me and avoid me with a positive decision of holding the Dominant* inside line but he kept veering left, was too late for me to avoid the contact in that split second decision and so made contact with his rear. I did not gain a position on him from this and if he is claiming that he had damage he should find a way to prove it rather than saying it, I overtook him later that lap by merit and not a result of his damage, he also had collisions later on in the race yet he closed the gap to me and made many attempts to pass, and was faster on the straights so his claim of damage isn't quite legit.

Rgds

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016