1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 | [R5] - Silverstone

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Ben McCluskey, Nov 28, 2016.

1. image.png
    Hello and welcome fellow drivers and nosey middle aged bald men to the Thursday Night GT Championship round 5. This week we travel a very short distance to our final British round of the championship at Silverstone. This race will also be the first of 3 endurance races on this season's calendar. Endurance races have always thrown up a spice throughout the entirety of the race, proving that the winner cannot be decided until the chequered flag drops. Silverstone is very demanding on the tyres, so pit strategies will be a major issue which will likely determine who wins. This is very bad news for a driver like Benji who reporters say will be pitting on the warm up lap for tyres. Drivers who will benefit from this will be the likes of Lance who is known for being very good on his tyres. How many pit stops do you plan to make? Probably half the amount I'll be making #RIPtyres. Legends say Silverstone was built on an airfield. This means there is plenty of room for mass number of burger trucks to position themselves around the track, Good news for some. The HMS Warship Mercedes SLS Ferry maybe not struggle too much, as it is random weather and Silverstone has 500 mile long straights (Mercedes still doesn't use 6th gear). The Bentley will also be very annoying for everyone as it will be able to trail brake at every turn. The M3 will once again be the ninja. Small, fast and deadly. As I'm mumbling on about useless information my tyres are wearing and drivers heart beats are rising in adrenaline for the start of Silverstone, the 5th round of the Thursday Night GT Championship.

Track details
    image.gif

Laps: (about 60) 2 hours
    Times: 12pm
    Weather: random aka rain, fog & more rain
    Turns: 18
    Length: 3.1 miles

Lap record: 1.57:xxx Dominic Ollieverre Season 2

Now here is the very nicely made TNGTC Brands Hatch feature race highlights made by our TNGTC Production crew. Special thanks to all involved and let's hope it can continue for the rest of the season this time.

Now in case anyone is old like Ben and probably has dementia. Here's what happened at Sausage 300.
    image.png
    Gaz took pole and victory ahead of Adam by only 1.3 seconds. Liam came in, in a very respectable 3rd... Not. He did have difficulty during the race whilst lapping but apart from that.he spent of his time waiting for people to spin so he could 'how could this happen to me' them. 4th was Omari. Then we hit controversy heaven.... Nic lead Andrew for most of the final lap until Nic braked before the line giving Andrew 5th so he could qualy for the sprint. This came back to bite him as he received a penalty for crossing the pit exit line, which dropped him back to 9th. Ben then took 6th ahead of Matt and Benji. In the sprint Nic took pole ahead of Matt. Nic got a bad start and got mugged by Matt and Benji who started 4th. Matt pulled away from Benji who also pulled away after Nic and Ben contact glitched together.Whilst Nic was coming back onto the track he hit Omari. Benji was eventually caught by Liam after his tyres died. Gaz and Adam also got pass but had a contact glitch at bomb hole allowing Benji back pass with Omari. Ben spun and guess what that means hehe. Matt won his first race ahead of Liam and Omari.
    image.png

And finally, here is Ben's questions sponsored by the newly announced UFC Fighter, our very own TNGTC driver; Ben Milden!

1. First experience of snetterton did you like the track and would you race there again?

2. We head to the first Endurance race this season at Silverstone is this a good choice for an endurance race?

3. So far the M3's have won every race, can they be stopped?

4. As it's an endurance race are there any special setup tweaks needed?

5. Seeks and Omari have released the new look highlights do you prefer this?​

2. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Your race threads are excellent mate you've got a good combination of fun and information well done mate

Spellings :poop: however lol

• Haha Haha x 2
  3. 1. First experience of snetterton did you like the track and would you race there again?
    Track was challenging and would have been enjoyable had I been able to have good pace without driving like I was sitting on needles. Will race there again for sure, different car Tho.

2. We head to the first Endurance race this season at Silverstone is this a good choice for an endurance race?
    It certainly is... great combination of sectors, legendary track, and harsh on tyres which creates a very dynamic race inclusive of the weather. Gonna boil down to adaptable race craft and pure endurance.

It's racing, they can always be stopped but very difficult to beat them on raw pace. It's only 2 races in so many other opportunities to achieve that. The corvette had an opportunity at brands but couldn't maximize cuz of qually position. Will keep pushing. Getting harder as the power tracks come in.

Whatever makes u fast and doesn't blow up your car or you...

5. Seeks and Omari have released the new look highlights do you prefer this?
    Awesome stuff... haven't seen it tho.

• Love Love x 1
  4. 1. First experience of snetterton did you like the track and would you race there again?
    sure,whay not
    never done endurance race,dont know nothing about refueling or pit stops and so on
    fastest car wiht this game,they say
    lol....brb yes....dont know,ask some one els,lol
    good job

5. refueling is neede here,or just full tank and thats it?

6. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

1. First experience of snetterton did you like the track and would you race there again?
    Hard work for me and the guys in the bigger cars. They just didn't suit the track and we suffered all week to set the car up etc. Tracks ok wouldn't rush back

Yes because of the tyre wear etc just hope to learn my car in this one. Tracks good

Yes but not yet they should walk this race to but our tracks are in the second half of the season. M3 is mostly unbearable on most tracks tbh

Just radiators and brake cooling I guess

Love it I would prefer it to be slightly longer (not the first time seeks has been told that) but overall a good improvement. Need them released faster to no pressure boys lol

7. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

You can start full or half but a full tank won't get you to the finish

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1. First experience of snetterton did you like the track and would you race there again?

Sure

Meh

Na, we have about 780bhp apparently

Na, i'm using default, seen as M3 op and all that

Not enough Spam and Almeras

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  9. 1. First experience of snetterton did you like the track and would you race there again?
    Not really, lot's of stupid carnage without real cause.

Nope. Tyre wear is going to be stupid. Don't know why Silverstone is an Endurance but hey I'll get what I'm given.

Not at Silverstone. After this race it's game on.

Need a bigger drink.

Much better, best thing I've seen in ages. Very well presented and good editing.

10. 1. First experience of snetterton did you like the track and would you race there again?

Not a big fan of the track but was a new challenge. Yeah i dont see why we wouldnt race there again

Its ok...going to be a very very challenging race

Yes

Possibly.....ill certainly have more joints rolled for this one!

I prefer it yes. Can be improved which we are working on with any spare time we get....thanks for your opinions guys

11. 1. First experience of snetterton did you like the track and would you race there again?
    Surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Couple of overtaking places and good battles throughout both races. Would I like it back? Yes.

Personally I don't like the decision. Tyre wear has always been an issue, especially for me. It's going to be a very boring race with the only excitement being, finding out what tyre strategies everyone is doing.

NO! They are GT2 cars. You can't expect gt3 cars to beat them, especially when they is so many M3's. But might as well stop complaining as it's obviously that car will never be banned, but no matter what. I ain't going back to that horrible thing. Too easy to drive, grow a set of balls and drive something which is a challenge.

Step 1 - Find pace
    Step 2 - Fix tyre wear

Yes it looks very nice and professional. Well designed and brings a tidy look to our league. Hopefully it will be able to continue and attract more people to the league including project cars themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  12. so-if-you-jxaz5n.jpg

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Benji u just have 1 more track before you can be an annoyance to the M3's... u can win at barthurst! I tried my best with my little power wheels cart but it's Time as a threat is now over with all the power tracks. M3's are beatable... can't beat it at a chmpshp but certainly in a race :sneaky:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    Max Power Racing #34 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 Premium Member

1. First experience of Snetterton did you like the track and would you race there again?
    At first I didn't like it, but it grew on me. It's just not made for a freighter like the Bentley. I would race there again, but in a different car.

Silverstone is hard on the tires, so tire (and fuel) management is key here. Its two straights gives you opportunity to catch a breath, but also make for two great overtaking spots. A perfect track for an endurance race in my book.
    This will be my very first enduro in this league though, so I have no idea what to expect from myself.

So far, yes :sneaky: The power tracks are coming soon, so I expect the Bentleys and Mercs to perform much better there. I'm not fast enough to challenge the M3's yet, but I think my teammate @Ben Milden will definitely have a chance to a podium on those tracks.

Yes, a bigger drink system and a fluffier cushion for my hard racing seat :roflmao:

It definitely looks good! It's nice to see action from all over the grid, not just in front (that way I get some air time too ;))

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

IMG_1371.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

A: Would race there again for sure had a enjoyable 2 races and a 2nd place in the feature.

A: Hope So I Choose It :whistling:.

upload_2016-12-1_8-34-55.png

A: Its always good to prepare for the wet but other than that nothing special really.

A: Yes great job guys very much improved :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. no point to continiue,just to bother other ppl at track,all in all was like on ice with my dry setup,annoynig stuff,to practice that much and then rain fsss ewrything up....game is new to me

• Like Like x 1
  18. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    Max Power Racing #34 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 Premium Member

Q14
    P6

I only had 5 laps practice in the rain, so the first half of the race I was struggling to keep the car on the track. For a car that already drives like a boat, you would expect it to perform a lot better in the wet lol.
    Had two tactical pit stops and was in the points after my second stop. But I changed to intermediates just before it got dry. I lost a lot of time and my tires were at almost 130° after 10 laps (with 5 more to go)! Tried to push but spun. JSM caught up but then it started to rain again and I could pull away.

Finished sixth because of the disconnects of many others, but hey... to score points you first have to finish ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Q: P4, Mehh, i was out at the wrong time, others got laps in, when it was fastest.

R: P2, Lap 1 was crazy, Nic ran wide at T1, and upon his rejoin i had to take evasive action, if i hadn't it would've been another snetterton incident, up to brooklands and omari taps my left rear, spins me round, i'm sat helpless in the track and get hit by 2 more cars, had a fair bit of damage. Spent the next 10 minutes having to get Gaz to calm me down, as i was so mad that Omari drove off. Managed to get some places back, came out behind Omari and Benji after my stop, so i knew they put 0 fuel in, so i played the long game, which eventually came to me, and we managed to 1-2 an endurance! Bam

• Like Like x 2