1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

S4 | [R3 & R4] - Snetterton

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Ben McCluskey, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Liam's Almeria

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gaz's blowing people up on Rocket league laugh

18.2%
  3. Adam's time keeping

18.2%
  4. Max Verstappen

18.2%
  5. A potato

9.1%
  6. Ben's age

18.2%
  7. Andrew's how could this happen to me video

18.2%
  1. image.png Welcome to the Thursday Night GT Championship. This week we head to Snetterton, a track full of sausages that kill drivers who try to be greedy. TNGTC has never been to Snetterton before so this will be at intriguing race. It is the second of three British rounds on the calendar, located in Norwich. The track is 2.96 miles long with 13 corners. The track is all about carrying as much speed as possible though the corners. Traction can be a major issue in the second sector, but small changes to driver style and setup can fix this. The main issue is the kerbs. The chicane at the start of sector 2 is extremely easy to lose the rear under braking and will require rear downforce and high deceleration lock. Take this too fast and you're spinning towards a death by sausages. The final two corners are nearly exactly the same. Carry as much speed as possible before gently applying the brakes into a 90° left hander with another giant sausage kerb. Who will be able to master Snetterton's sausages and become victorious?

Track map
    image.png
    Length: 2.96 miles
    Turns: 13
    Laps: 23 & 12
    Times: 12pm & 1pm
    Weather: Clear and cold

Lap record: 1.43:582 Adam Morris S4 Testing

Adam's Hotlap

image.png
    This is Lennie. He's a tree who looks like one of the characters from Of Mice of Men. He now spectates all the racing that happens at Snetterton whilst petting the rabbits. Feel free to say hello to him at anytime.

Last time out at brands Hatch
    image.png
    Gaz took the first pole of the season and took an early lead. Nic had to grab his balls and squeeze past the two O&M drivers. Andrew got past his teammate Benji and caught up to the front runners but couldn't do anything, so he went for the undercut but made a mistake at paddock. Gaz went on to win with Nic second and Adam third. Both Merc drivers having to fuel save at the end. The sprint race was a triller from the start till the end. Benji made a good start and tried to make a move up the inside of Matt at turn 1 but lost focus due to wheel issues and hit Matt. They both went into the gravel trap. Then Nic and Frank both spun together causes a small pile up at turn 2. Ramzi then got hit up the rear and spun in front of Benji and then again out of turn 3 when he lost the rear. Benji pitted at the end of that lap. Omari pulled away and wasn't seen from anyone again for the rest of the race. Lance formed a train of 9 cars where major top runners fought each other to death. Lance managed to keep 2nd ahead of Jeremy who got his first TNGTC podium. Liam also had wheel issues and had a disappointing first race, will he be able to capture the points he lost at brands?
    image.png

Now here is Ben's questions sponsored by Adam's time keeping

Q1: first races done and dusted any surprises?

Q2: new track this week at Snetterton who's car will suit this mixed up track?

Q3: Any regrets with you car choice or are you even more sure of your choice?

Q4: 3 drivers that impressed you at Brands Hatch

Q5: Your the boss of F1 for 24hrs what would you change?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Q1: first races done and dusted any surprises?
    Jeremy getting his first podium and Lance getting 2nd. Well done to both :thumbsup:

Obviously the M3 will be lighting quick. But the corvette is looking very quick and I'll say the Merc will be annoying some people by either taking up their entire mirror or parking the bus in front of them.

It's too early to say. The car is a challenge to drive, but with the help of Andrew and Nic. I believe I can get top 5th maybe podiums soon.

Me, myself & I

Bring back Maldonado

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    Max Power Racing #85 Bentley Continental GT3 Premium Member

Jeremy's flying sprint race. Well done mate!

This is a track with some technical corners, so I think the M3 will fly through those again. Nic also proved to be very fast in the Corvette at Snetterton!

The Bentley is definitely a different drive than the M3, but so far I like it. I think it will perform especially well at the high speed tracks, so I'm looking forward to those. Ben on the other hand will probably want to change to the SLS, no the Aston, or wait... the M3 in 2 races ;)

Jeremy, Lance, and I must say I surprised myself a bit in the feature

Switch back to V12's, and gag Vettel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. It's an almera, not an almeria :|

• Haha Haha x 2
  5. Q1: first races done and dusted any surprises?
    Not massively.

I would hope it suits my car, i would like to believe the M3 can be good at any track.

Absolutely none. I understand the M3 great.

Nic, Jeremy and Matt.

V8 Turbo Diesels #Controversial

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Not many but as mentioned above lance and Jeremy's efforts in the sprint race deserved the results they got. Dom was good to and a mention for Andrew back to his best in the Merc

Not mine lol we seem way off the pace here and there seems nothing I can do about it. Damage limitation this week I think.

Love this car and I might even keep it lol. But seriously I enjoy the challenges of the big Bentley
    Andrew dom Jeremy

Cars, tracks, engines, more teams and money distributed fairly

• Like Like x 1
  7. Q1: first races done and dusted any surprises?

Erm not really, seems to be business as usual I say

I reckon the m3 will have the edge over the rear of the other car types

Nope no regrets for me, just sticking to something I know from last season,

Me obviously as thought I'd struggle as didn't really get on top of the setup,
    Others I'd say lance and Jeremy

A few things, maybe biggest would be the engine, a v8 with maybe some of the hybrid tech they use now for the extra boost

• [​IMG] Like x 1

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  8. Q1: first races done and dusted anysurprises?

No surprises for me....but we do have some stand out performances from a few, lance jeremy

Not sure. My car feels ok at the moment. Still room for improvement. Cannot speak for the other cars

No. Its car i know and like to drive

Lance, jeremy and nic

no comment

9. Q1: first races done and dusted any surprises?
    My team's result perhaps...

M3's have massive edge, Sls dangerously behind... the rest of us have magic to do

The dream is alive... more sure of the choice but wary of the challenge. C7.R let's go!

Adam, Ben, Andrew...

The engine formula! Cars need to be more even to see the drivers duke it out and not ge cars...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Q1: first races done and dusted any surprises?
    Quite enjoyed Brands. Only surprise was that I wasn't that far off.

Well I know I'm not the quickest here but the car isn't suited to the track. Think the M3 drivers will have to capitalise in the first three because after that the Mercs will be here.

No regrets.

No surprises really.

• Back to V8 engines.
    • Less dependency on front aerodynamics.
    • Allow DRS anywhere in Qualifying.
    • Disable DRS throughout the race.
    • Ban the rule that says drivers should keep the same helmet design, but make drivers release image of helmet a week before so they are available to view somewhere as a key.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

: I Finished On The Podium Haha

: I Reckon The M3 Should Be Nicely Suited Round Here But The Mercedes Is Very Close As Well As The Corvette

: No Regrets

: Max Verstappen, Lightning McQueen And Myself

: Everything

• Like Like x 1
  12. That clearly didn't work as I'd expected. Goddammit

• Haha Haha x 3
  13. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

lol did you remove it haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member