1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

S4 | [R1&R2] - Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Ben McCluskey, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Gaz

21.4%
  2. Liam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Omari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Adam

14.3%
  5. Ben

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Frank

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Max Verstappen

35.7%
  8. Andrew

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Benji

7.1%
  10. Ramzi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Indrek

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Matt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Jeremery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Nic

21.4%
  15. Lance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Raja

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Dave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Other (comment below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. image.png

Here is the TNGTC season 4 preview video

Incase you can't remember or are new to this league; here is the
    Race Details

Date
    17th November

Times
    Invites sent 19:50-19:55 GMT
    Race Begins 20:00-20:05 GMT

Race 1
    15 minutes Quali
    40 minute race

Race 2
    10 minutes Quali (Top 5 cannot qualify)
    20 minute race

image.png

Hello and welcome to the first two rounds of the Thursday Night GT Championship Season 4! The first race of the season will start at Brands Hatch GP. Brands has been on the TNGTC calendar twice before and has both times thrown up some interesting racing. The track has been used for years by F1, WSB, BSB, BTCC and TNGTC. The tack is a naturally bumpy and tight track. It requires drivers to set their cars to deal with elevation change, fast turns, slow turns, bumps and high kerbs. As the ban for supercharged and overpowered cars has been lifted, we welcome back the Bentley Continental GT3 driven by Ben Milden and Frank Finch (Max Verstappen) and the Mercedes SLS AMG Driven by Andrew and Benji, the youngest team on the gird. Jeremy will be driving the RUF. Season 3 Champion Gaz will again be driving his M3 alongside his partner in OP, David Tennant. Nic and Lance come together to form an all American team called Merica and will be driving the beautiful Corvette. Adam and Omari have united together to try and destroy the Spam Fritters. So with the return of different manufacturers, it will be interesting to see which car can come out on top at Brands. So far the M3 is setting the bar around this 2.42 mile long circuit, but Andrew's Mercedes and Ben's Bentley are not far behind. So as we approach the first two rounds of season 4, who will be able to get an advantage in the drivers championship in what looks like to be a cracker season.

image.png

Length: 2.42 miles
    Laps: 28 & 14
    Times: 12pm & 1pm
    Turns: 9
    Weather: Clear

Lap Record: 1.22:4 Adam Morris S4 Testing

Strength and weakness of the chosen cars

BMW M3 GT
    ⁃ very balanced and quick
    ⁃ Loses a lot of power at high altitude

BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT3
    ⁃ Extremely good at trail braking and always keeps its power
    ⁃ Can't slipstream

MERCEDES SLS AMG GT3
    ⁃ very fast straight line speed and great at starts
    ⁃ Brakes don't work and it understeers like crazy

CORVETTE C7.R
    ⁃ Very nibble and responsive
    ⁃ Top speed isn't great

RUF
    ⁃ Best mechanic grip on the gird and great in the wet
    ⁃ Very loose rear

Now it's time to answer Ben's questions sponsored by Andrew's theme song

Q1: New season new rules and the main one is unlocking of ALL GT3 cars so why did you choose yours?

Q2: There have been a few team changes what made you pick your teammate?

Q3: what are your aims this season?

Q4: Brands hatch is host for races 1/2 it's a technical track do you enjoy it and which sector?

Q5: favourite motorsport driver ever?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    Max Power Racing #85 Bentley Continental GT3 Premium Member

Q1: New season new rules and the main one is unlocking of ALL GT3 cars so why did you choose yours?
    I wanted to drive the AMG, because I think it's the most sexy car. Too bad it's the worst GT3 car available in pCARS. So Ben and I tested most cars and decided we wanted to go with the Aston... no, the SLS... wait, the Zafira... oh right, the Bentley because it has a lot of power and has better handling than the SLS.

Actually Ben picked me because he knew that I am in fact Max Vestappen :laugh:

My pace has been increasing since I joined halfway last season. I aim to improve even more and close the gap between me and the rest of the field. My goal: top 8.

Q4: Brands hatch is host for races 1/2 it's a technical track do you enjoy it and which sector?
    I might not be the fastest at Brands Hatch, but I love the diversity of this track. Sector 2 is my favourite. High speed, but Westfield Bend is still a tricky corner.

Most definitely Tom Coronel. I love his ever lasting positive attitude. Plus, he's Dutch ;)

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Q1: New season new rules and the main one is unlocking of ALL GT3 cars so why did you choose yours?
    I was stoked that we unlocked all the GT3 cars and so I chose to go with a car that I've never driven in a championship before seeking a new challenge so I pursued a contract with Chevrolet to drive the C7.R

I chose my team mate @Lance Loomis because I felt that we shared the same interests in a new challenge. We are both the only American drivers on the grid and with an American car it was easy to seal a drive with chevy factory team. The corvette will be the weapon of "Team Merica"

My aims this season are to capitalize on the C7's strengths and pull out some wins and podiums where possible. With a somewhat disadvantage in power I aim to beat the championship winning M3's and fend off any new challenges from the other machines.

Brands is a track that I don't particularly enjoy but it is indeed a challenge that brings out the best driving out of us. Sector 1 is tough to nail consistently but yet my favorite.

Colin McRae / Lewis Hamilton

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Q1: New season new rules and the main one is unlocking of ALL GT3 cars so why did you choose yours?
    Andrew's driving it

We both needed a teammate lol.

Win another race hopefully

Hate it

Lord Pastor Maldonado

• Love Love x 1
  5. Q1: New season new rules and the main one is unlocking of ALL GT3 cars so why did you choose yours?
    i dont know much about cars in this game,so m3 turns good,feels great to drive
    didnt pick anyone,my team is big inaff wiht me,myself and i
    understand the game....some times im 3 sec slower,sometimes 3sec faster,have to learn tracks....i loose lot of time just wiht gearing at wrong places and taking wrong lines and so on
    more i drive ther,more i like...it aint that technical,i think

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Blame Dom lol he suggested I try it on a base setup and I loved it straight away. It's true we tried different cars but we just couldn't decide at that point. Eventually we both enjoy this beast
    IMG_1292.JPG

Potential!! I thought about approaching an established driver but it has always been an idea of mine to try and help a guy that's lower down the table and see if we can't work together and improve their pace

Win the championship

Sector 2 is cool because you have to place the car accurately it's a real challenge

Jean Alesi
    IMG_2969.JPG

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. Q1: New season new rules and the main one is unlocking of ALL GT3 cars so why did you choose yours?

Because it's pretty

I've been held hostage (Help me!)

Build on my 2nd half of last season

Sector 1

Fernando Alonso

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

:Its The Best Choice For Me

:Saw It As My Best Opportunity To Take The Fight To Spam Fritters Racing With Omari We Should Work Very Well As A Team

:Win The S4 Championship

:Enjoy The Whole Circuit But Sector 2 Suits Me Quite Well

:Have To Say Kimi Is My All Time Favourite But Max Verstappen Is Just So Fun To Watch Defiantly a future Champion for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

#TNGTC FLASHBACK

Season 2 round 1 at Bathurst and the last time we had open rules cars

• Like Like x 1
  10. IMG_20161115_122738.jpg

Here is the S4 Points table. I'm gonna explain changes from S3 to S4. Last season we had green and red for pole and FL. This season it will work slightly different.

Feature pole = Box coloured green
    Sprint pole = Box coloured purple
    Fl= Box coloured red.

If you get 2 of the above things, the box will be coloured one colour, and the points in the other

Red races up the top = Endurances, Green = Random weather (Endurances are also random weather)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

#TNGTC FLASHBACK

To the last time I raced at Brands Hatch in season 2

12. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

@Ben Milden I See You And Your "Overpowered" Bentley Are Coming Along Nicely Strong Pace So Far ;)

13. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Meh

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. Q1: New season new rules and the main one is unlocking of ALL GT3 cars so why did you choose yours?
    Lots of power.

Last minute arrival;)

Win the championship or at least be within 1 win of it.

Hate the circuit in GT3, horrible. Kerbs are unrealistic and the track is just horrid in every way. The best sector is the final because theres less of it.

Senna. Hamilton recently.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Good luck tonight guys :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Cheers Dude Looks Like We Have Quite A Strong Grid This Season Shame You Cant Be Part Of Mate

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

IMG_1314.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Well that was a crap race and now I hate this track even more. Take it off the ****ing calendar for next season.
    Feature was a bore. Had to manage tyres and fuel and that was my entire race.
    Then for the sprint I did my pb and looked good for a podium. But then my ****ing wheel started vibrating like crazy as soon as I turned the wheel more that 10%.
    Sorry Matt for the contact at turn 1.
    Then everything went to **** and I got super damage and had to pit. Raced my balls off to gain back a couple of position with my vibrating wheel and max just got me in the end.

• Wow Wow x 1
  19. To be honest, I'll take a fourth and eighth. Not the ideal as I really wanted a podium, but knowing I was 4 seconds off that is fine by me. Got a bit clustered in the sprint, but that's all part of the fun. Think I've got a real chance at this championship.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

How could this happen to me

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1