1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

S3 Stewards Office / Penalty Appeal Thread

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Adam Morris, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

Hello Everyone With Recent Events Both Myself And Ben Have Agreed To Make This Thread So That All Drivers May Appeal Any Stewards Enquiry They Feel May Be Wrongly Given.

The Way This Will Work Is Any Video Thats Placed Here Means That Myself And Ben Then Become Involved Helping The Stewards Make The Best Decision Possible For The Involved Parties But Any Decision We Then Make Has To Be Agreed By Myself, Ben And the Stewards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Apoligys To All Involved @Ben Milden and @Jonathan Seekings this requires your attention
    Appeal 1 Posted On Behalf Of @LIAMATTHURSO

. The Appeal Is For The 10 Second Time penalty Given To Liam To Be Removed On The Grounds That The Incident Wasn't Liam's Fault And We Feel He Has Been Wrongly Penalised For This Incident, After Speaking To Both Drivers Benji Has Agreed That Liam Did Not Deserve The Penalty And Liam's Also Agreed That He Should Still Recieve Some Sort Of Penalty So Heres The Terms Of This Appeal

1. We Ask That The 10 Second Time Penalty Be Removed For @LIAMATTHURSO Race Time On Unfair Grounds But The Drivers Standing Warning Will Stand As Well As 10 Points Added To His Licence As A Warning.

2. We Ask That Also The 10 Second Time Penalty Be Removed From @Benjamin McC And Replaced With A Qualifying Ban For Silverstone The Driver's Standards Warning Still Stands As Well As 5 points Added To His Licence As A Warning

After Discussions Between Ourselves And The Drivers Involved This Is The Fairest Way Possible I Could See To Resolve This Matter

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Enquiry Above Posted Twice By Mistake.

4. WOW, this is a joke right?

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Silly Question Really Mate Does It Look Like A Joke ? You Have A Problem With It I Assume, If So Please Let Us Know Why?

6. Not that my opinion counts but looks like custom made penalties, good idea on the appeal page as they did seem harsh

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

My Thoughts Exactly Mate And If This Happens In Future Drivers Can Now Appeal If They Feel Hard Done By.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hhhmmm okaaayyyy :/
    I can see why you would put this but does this not undermine me a bit? Expect to see 90% of my decisions in here.
    I know how frustrsting it can be to be on the receiving end of a seemingly wrong decision, but at the end of the day it is only a game and people just need to get on with life. Decisions could take up to a week now (especially with my mad rush to getting round to reviewing these incidents haha) so you will be getting to the next race without even knowing where you finished the race before.
    Just would have been nice to be pmed about this before it was made offical. Now, lets get on with the job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scratch this last bit. Adams message just came through haha

• Like Like x 1
  10. Silly question really... because to me it actually looks like a joke. ;) I wouldn't say I have a problem with it but in any league I've ever raced in the steward's decision is final. You've asked @Jonathan Seekings to be a steward for this season yes? in doing so you have given him the authority to make no doubt tough decisions on racing incidents etc. Now if you are going to override him and impose your own decision/punishments that makes his job as steward pointless.

NOW TO THE PART I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH:
    @LIAMATTHURSO & @Benjamin McCluskey both appealed to the stewards after last weeks race and @Jonathan Seekings felt they both were at fault and decided to penalise them with the same punishment. Now you are saying that one should be punished harsher than the other, and thats the "Fairest" way. That makes no sense to me at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Adam spoke to both of us, and Benji agrees that it's fairer too. There was an incident similar to the one Benji brought up, and was arguably worse (Not gonna name names) and it went down as a racing incident, and the next time, it's apparently a penalty and a warning

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

No One Has Been Penalised More Than The Other Mate Liam's Received More Than He Should Of In Our Opinion And Benjis Ban For Qualifying Was Discussed With Him And He Agreed That Was The Fairest Way To Go Rather Than Time Penalties It's Been Split Between Them So No One Is Worse Off If Anything It Was Liam That Was Losing Out Before This Thread Was Made In Fairness To All Of You Not Just Benji And Liam

And Theres 1 Steward Atm who is Jonathan Which Means He's Rushed To Get The Results For Incidents Out For Us Ready For The Second race, He Has No One For A Second Opinion either Meaning That Decisions Are Rushed And Not Always Fair To The Drivers Involved, This Isn't Us Undermining The Stewards As Unless Jonathan Agrees With The Appeals They Won't Go Ahead So The stewards Still Have The Final Say not us

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. And this is in no way to undermine seeks, who we appreciate what he does, but Adam and Ben who run this league think it's the best thing to do then that's up to them. Seeks does a great job for this league, and if people appeal at times for the sake of it when the penalty, warning or whatever is deserved, harshen the penalty for wasting stewards time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. That's entirely up to Benji. But from a neutral point of view, that's not a fair outcome. This is just going to cause more problems than it solves IMO. In theory, benji could appeal this and it could just drag on & on. And i can see that happening with future appeals. :whistling:

15. I guess we'll just have to see then. If this thread is used correctly it can make life easier, but I can see what you mean, people may just abuse it

16. That's the point I'm making Adam, you boys opinions should have no sway at all if seeks has already decided on a punishment. And i don't agree with you, giving one guy a qualifying ban and not the other is not fair. For me, the original decision was to give both guys the same penalty. Now if you are going to discard that (i don't think you should) #tomuchdrama the decision you come up with ie punishment/penalty has to be the same for both.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Totally Understand But This Is What We Feel Is The Best Way And No Benji Is The Driver More At Fault He Even Agrees With This So He Deserves The Harsher Penalty If That Was Me In Liam's Position I'd Be doing More Than He Has to Get This Decision Changed As It Felt Rushed And Not Properly Reviewed Considering The Liam Doesnt Do Anything Wrong From What We Can See The Posistion Should Of Been Conceded Due To The Contact On Exit Of The Corner Meaning Benji Wouldn't Of Had That Chance Into That Hairpin Meaning The Incident Wouldn't Of Happened yes They Touch But As Far As We Are Aware Its Benjis Fault This Wasn't Taken Lightly Either As We Said Its Been Discussed Between Me Ben And Jonathan As Well As Liam And Benji

• Like Like x 1
  18. Erm.....does that mean drivers are now choosing their own penalties? If we are short on stewards i get why this is happening....however there still need to be some rules to it.....with penalties not being influenced by the drivers in question. Obv the driver should be able to appeal the penalty but should not be consulted as to what penalty they should get should they be succesful.
    And thats if ive understood what has happened here....if im wrong...my bad

19. We were not consulted on what we'd get. We had no input as to what was given to us. It's not us calling the shots, if it's appealed, Adam and Ben will consult Seeks, who has very little spare time, so decisions may be rushed, and seeks still has the power to reject the appeal.

• Like Like x 1
  20. This is what I said to Adam when talking about how we thought the Penalties me and Liam received were too harsh.
    "I think we should introduce quali bans more often"
    Copied from messenger