1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

S3 | [R30] - Le Mans

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Ben McCluskey, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Overtake 1 - Benji vs Liam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Overtake 2 - Liam vs Omari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Overtake 3 - Liam vs Lance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Overtake 4 - Omari vs Benji vs Andrew

37.5%
  5. Overtake 5 - Andrew vs Benji vs Omari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Overtake 6 - Lance vs Benji

25.0%
  7. Overtake 7 - Gaz vs Midfield

37.5%
  8. Overtake 8 - Omari vs Jeremy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Overtake 9 - Liam vs Frank

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Here is the Overtakes of the Week from Dubai. Remember to vote in the poll above and not to vote for yourself, Thanks.

image.png

Hello and welcome to the final round of the Thursday Night GT Championship Season 3. This week we head to the legendary Le Mans 24hr circuit which has traditionally held the final round of this series since season 1. As the fellow two seasons have shown, anything that can happen, will happen. As it has a full 24 hour cycle, low sun and darkness will be a major issue during the race. Driving down to Indy in the evening will be extremely challenging and navigating though sector 1 during the morning will certainly be difficult. The track itself has a very fast and famous road called the Mulsanne Straight filled with two chicanes. These straights will see drivers getting up to 190mph and even to 197mph In slipstream!!! Another famous section of the track is called the Porsche Kerbs which will test the limits of the cars handling performance. This track is harder to set up than most would imagine. it's not just a track filled with straights, but in fact filled with high speed, low speed corners, bumps and very heavy braking zone. A perfect setup for this track is near impossible to find, but who can set their car up the best to race this 8.4 mile long circuit for a gruelling 2 hours in the final race of the TNGTC calendar. This is Le Mans, round 30 of the Thursday Night GT Championship.

image.png View attachment 157950 View attachment 157951
    image.png

Track map
    image.png
    Length: 8.46 miles
    Weather: random
    Time: start 12pm (day-night-day cycle)
    Laps: 2 hours - about 30 laps

Lap Record: 3.49:482 Andrew Holmes S3 Testing

Last time out at Dubai
    image.png View attachment 157954

Gaz took pole position and lead from the start, Andrew spun a couple of laps in and found himself racing against Benji and Omari. The midfield runners continued to make amazing overtakes and excite the crowd throughout the race. Meanwhile Gaz had a boring race and took victory over Adam and Ben. Liam 4th and Lance 5th. Andrew and Matt got Benji on the final lap, putting him 8th. These results meant Gareth Williams has become the TNGTC Season 3 Champion, well done.
    In the sprint Andrew took pole position over Omari. Omari, Matt and Benji went three wide though turn 1 where Benji came off best as Omari and Matt contact glitched off the track. Gaz made an epic start, coming from 10th to 3rd in one turn. Andrew, Benji and Gaz broke away from everyone but Benji's tyres died after 4 turns. Gaz and Andrew battled furiously until the end where Andrew came out victorious over Gaz, Benji took 3rd ahead of Adam and a damaged Ben.

Season Photos

As this is the last race of this season, here is a bunch of photos of the races from season 3.

image.png
    The first race was at Bathurst were there was chaos in the feature. Omari took the first win of the season.
    View attachment 157957
    Monza the first endurance race had a crazy start to the race. Andrew spinning 10ft of the line.

Road America had Gaz lagging and killing half the field. Dean also took a win
    image.png
    Watkins Glen seen Frank, Ronnie, Gaz and Liam being involved in a pile up.
    image.png
    Donington had Gaz fly 200ft into the air during the feature race after a engine failure glitch.
    image.png
    Zhuhai had thunderstorm conditions and seen Cars spinning on the last corner on the last lap. Benji also took his first win.
    image.png
    Gaz secured the championship in Dubai and becoming the 3rd champion in 3 seasons.

And for the final time this season, here is Ben's questions sponsored by #WorldSpampions

1: Dubai has a reputation for dull races was yours?

2: Another season done tell us you season highs and lows

3: defending your position is part of a drivers race craft but who in this league is a defensive master?

4: Le Mans is here again is this track a good way to end things?

5: Gaz is champion what are your thoughts are our new champion? (Keep it clean Liam)​

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  2. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  3. And for the final time this season, here is Ben's questions sponsored by #WorldSpampions

Yes

Lows: My start of season was awful, i couldn't avoid being hit in sprint races for love nor money. And obviously those endurances, the 2 of them combined lost me somewhere like 60ish points.

Highs: Back to back feature wins, i think some of my defensive driving has made people stand up and take note, and the #WorldSpampions was pretty good!

3: defending your position is part of a drivers race craft but who in this league is a defensive master?

Probably either Ben or Adam.

Yes.

5: Gaz is champion what are your thoughts are our new champion? (Keep it clean Liam)

God, what is everyones assumption of me, Yeah he deserved it, people fell by the wayside, went through bad form, but every race he was there, i just have to hope i can be closer next season​

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. And for the final time this season, here is Ben's questions sponsored by #WorldSpampions

Not particularly dull no.

2: Another season done tell us you season highs and lows.
    Every round i made a child-like error on we're the lows. I think the highs were the Feature at Zolder and Sprint at Dubai. Zolder because I won in the wet (favourite type of win), and Dubai because I had a champion on my arse for 8 out of 11 laps and managed to keep him at bay!

There's many different types of defense in my book. I think the best all round defender is probably Ben because he somehow can defend but keep the pace up too, which is something I fail at.

To be honest, I don't actually love this place. It's a meh track for me, too many long straights to make things boring. However, I'm always very competitive here (1st in S1 and challenging two Mercs for the win in S2), so I'm happy to be back here.

5: Gaz is champion what are your thoughts are our new champion? (Keep it clean Liam)
    Well what is there to say. He's all round fast, he's an absolute gladiator in combat, he's passionate about the sport and he wins in style. No faults. He deserved this championship; I don't know of any other driver who could've matched him this season. He's been unbelievably strong this season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 1: Dubai has a reputation for dull races was yours?
    It was fun until I missed the start...

Highs were the lows... like attendance

Best is debatable. Cleanest - lance, ruthlesst - Liam

Not really but it's more a debrief, Sunday drive, lots of time on the straights to think about next season

5: Gaz is champion what are your thoughts are our new champion?
    Thoroughly deserved king... been a long while coming. Been quicker than most but just couldn't put it together but now put himself in rearified air this season which was nice to see. I may have been the only one that was able to challenge him at every single circuit. (Contrary to unpopular belief), wish I had the time to challenge. Next season game on!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 1: Dubai has a reputation for dull races was yours?
    No was quite fun altho not the desired results

Highs....couple poles....couple wins...my comeback drive in monza

Lows....lacked motivation at points this season. Made to many mistakes which were costly

Didnt attack enough this season to judge. Top 5-6 drivers are very good

Wont be racing

Fully deserved....most consistent...kept himself out of trouble. Qualified well everyweek. Won races. some tracks simply unstoppale on the day. I challeneged until we had changes, i lacked motivation due to some personal ****, and i rarely practiced for the last 6 weeks and that showed. Hopefully next season ill carry the challenge better next season....If i can find the time to practice like the start of this season! Its been proved...i can compete at the front of this league.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. And for the final time this season, here is Ben's questions sponsored by #WorldSpampions

In my opinion, Dubai was the complete opposite to dull. Yes my tyres died very quickly I was a sitting lemon at the end of stints, but the battles I was involved in or seen ahead or behind me where really enticing. If there was a race I would like to attend, it would've been this one. When I was doing OOTW I actually had 16 enters to start of with and there could've actually been more tbh. In a spectator point of view, I think Dubai was the best race of the season.

Highs - Obviously my main highs would be winning Zhuhai and getting second at Nordschleife. But my pace at Imola during the weather change was really impressive. I managed to push harder than the cars around me earlier and gain about 3-4 seconds in 1 lap.

Lows- One of my main aims for this season was to score points in every race, so failing that at Watkins wasn't a good moment.

I can't really think of a clear winner, as I haven't probably been in a battle with everyone before.
    I would say Andrew and Lance are both very good at keeping a car behind. They have an ability to keep a car behind for entire races, no matter who the car is.

I don't actually think there is a better way to end the TNGTC championship. Love coming here. I'm not the bestest fan of the track, but I do love the high speed, heavy braking, challenging corners, bumps and most importantly the weather. You can imagine any type of weather and Le Mans will be able to deliver it. Can't wait now.

Gaz is probably one of the most consistently fastest guys I've ever seen. No matter what track it is, he has been up there this season. He's able to push the limit of any car and fight for wins in it. He has probably the best number 2 driver on the grid :roflmao: #Joking. But seriously with Gaz and Liam partnered again for next season, they may be an unstoppable force
    ....that only a Zafira can beat :sneaky:

8. Or maybe an Astra;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Collage 2016-10-29 14_45_58.jpg

Ahem.....

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  10. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Mate this isn't facebook your not supposed to post scrap for sale if you need a decent vehicle recyclers ask me or Gaz thank you

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. Just you remember fam, i'm in charge of points next season, Behave!

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  12. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Team Merica #64 Corvette C7.R Premium Member

Due to the U.K.falling back an hour on Sunday, I won't be able to make the race due to time constraints. Unless you guys want to start at 7 instead of 8

• Sad Sad x 1
  13. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

I can start at 7

Will message all drivers tomorrow for you

14. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Pretty much feature I only had late pressure from Adam otherwise I was just driving around lol. Sprint was better

2: Another season done tell us youseason highs and lows
    Highs: Monza was cool to win a Endurance race, Brno and Bathurst Watkins Glen

Lows: myself lol changing car basically ruined my championship chances with all the grid penalties. Silverstone was my worst event

2nd in the championship again so can be proud of my seasons so far
    2nd,1st,2nd

I've had this problem lol
    Liam, Adam, lance I would say

I think so though right now I cba to practice it lol the hardest race should always be the last one

I think the only surprise was that it took so long season 1 his chances faded but he was in the hunt, season 2 wasn't good for him but he and Liam have a good team mentality and I think it's THIS that's moved him to the next level

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 1: Dubai has a reputation for dull races was yours?

First race was dull I guess, second was much better in comparison

Erm lows, hard one as hasn't been to bad, guess just not making a good start in points due to few issues with incidents,

Highs, obviously winning the title and the constructors

Erm hard one as few can defend well, but for me think might be ben

I guess so yeah

Finally managed to do it, feel like should of done it last season but car change killed my chances,
    Been a good second half to the season and hope that can carry on to next season, also with liam staying I hope we can get plenty more 1-2s

• Like Like x 1
  16. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

I call racism my overtake at Dubai isn't even considered for OOTW lol #Conspiracy

17. Can I run my Cadillac at Le Mans? I'll take whatever penalty I get... :rolleyes:

18. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

No mate rules are no turbo or supercharged cars until next season sorry fella

19. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Team Merica #64 Corvette C7.R Premium Member

The m3 is turbo. Haha

• Like Like x 1
  20. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

haha maybe in real life it does yeah in this game it defiantly doesn't have a turbo otherwise wed have full power at every track