1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

S3 | [R28 & R29] - Dubai

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Ben McCluskey, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Overtake 1 - Lance vs Frank

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Overtake 2 - Omari vs Lance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Overtake 3 - Dave vs Frank

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Overtake 4 - Ben vs Everyone

40.0%
  5. Overtake 5 - Andrew vs Rob

40.0%
  6. Overtake 6 - Gaz vs Rob vs Andrew vs....

20.0%
  7. Overtake 7 - Omari vs Andrew

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Here is the video for the Overtakes of the week. Please vote for your favourite in the poll above thanks.

*New rule for OTOW, you CANNOT vote for yourself* #ConspiracyTheroy

image.png
    Welcome to rounds 28 & 29 of the Thursday Night GT Championship at Dubai. As we head into the final 2 races of the TNGTC season, pressure is adding on the drivers to get the best results possible for a high position in the drivers & teams championships. Dubai has been on the TNGTC calendar for 3 seasons now and once again, it's a twilight race. Dubai is well known for its money, glamour and breathtaking skyline, so expect top quality photos from our photographers. The track itself is 3.31 miles long, with a total of 18 challenging turns. The first sector is all about carrying speed though the turns whilst the other two are mostly braking as late as possible and getting back on the power as earlier as possible. Due to Dubai been in the Middle East, dust will be an issue, so expect little grip and poor traction. It's a newly build track, so it will be smooth and flowing, the turns doesn't have much camber either. We expect that tyre wear may be an issue on the front left But what drivers will be able to correct this and be able to push flat out for the entire race. There is 5/6 main overtaking spots for plenty of race battles. So as the sun sets, which driver will haunt this circuit and take victory in the desert?

Track map
    image.png
    Length: 3.31 miles
    Turns: 16 (9 right/7 left)
    Laps: 21 & 11
    Time: 6 & 7pm
    Weather: Clear

Lap Record: 1.54:6 Adam Morris S3 (Says he can do better)

Last time out at Zhuhai
    image.png
    Adam got pole in the rainy feature but stalled his car on the grid, which caused Ben to hit him up the rear (get a room). Andrew then led until the pit stops where he accidentally fitted slicks onto his car instead of wets. Rob also fitted slicks and retired, and Frank disconnected. This allowed Gaz and Liam to lead home a 1-2. There was Chaos behind them at last corner when Adams car caused mass confusion making lance, Ben, Omari & skannkypuppy to spin. Ben drove through the madness for 3rd after being last after the pit stop. Lance was 3rd until spin on last corner and then had to settle for a 4th. Andrew pushed his teammate Adam over the line for p7 (conspiracy theory). In the sprint Benji took his first pole in his career after missing the feature race, and Adam didn't qualify as his car was still broke. Andrew got a better start than Benji taking the lead but made a mistake at turn 1, lap 2 giving Benji back the lead. Ben and Liam both made there way up the field together, but Gaz got stuck in a train. Andrew tried to catch Benji up again but spun. He eventually retired. Ben held Liam up for the majority of the race, but his menu screen popped up, and he fell back to 3rd. Benji then took his first ever win by 7 seconds over Liam and Ben with Gaz in 4th. The newcomers made a positive start to their TNGTC careers and we expect them to be near the top very soon.

Now here's Ben's questions sponsored by Andrews 'why do I even bother' posts

1: well Zhuhai didn't disappoint some amazing weather causing some drivers to be fast when it was RAIN conditions others found the thunderstorm suited them but which one suited you?

2: Dubai name 2 interesting things on/about this track

3: couple new guys this week Matt and Jeremy how do you think they did?

4: Season 4 fast approaching are you any closer to announcing you teammate/car

5: Spam fritters racing win the teams championship impressed?

2. 1: well Zhuhai didn't disappoint some amazing weather causing some drivers to be fast when it was RAIN conditions others found the thunderstorm suited them but which one suited you?

More the water, bigger the drifts

- It's a great track for taking photos of cars in the dark
    - It's clockwise

They show promise

Maybe

It's a conspiracy theory just like Gaz's cupboard

• Like Like x 1
  3. 1: well Zhuhai didn't disappoint some amazing weather causing some drivers to be fast when it was RAIN conditions others found the thunderstorm suited them but which one suited you?

Rain, i was pretty competititve in it, pretty much holding p2 solidly in it, in the thunderstorm my wets lost all temperature, would have been quicker getting out the car and running.

1. I've never driven a GT3 car around any dubai layout.

2. It's in Dubai (Amazing i know)

Didn't see much of them on track, spoke to them post race, they seemed happy but felt they could do more, which hopefully they'll find.

Spam Fritters Racing for life, & i'm racing with Jerry again

Well being half of Spam Fritters Racing i'm delighted, i knew we'd be in contention, but didn't think we'd do this well. Try and better it next season!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    Max Power Racing #85 Bentley Continental GT3 Premium Member

1: Well Zhuhai didn't disappoint some amazing weather causing some drivers to be fast when it was RAIN conditions others found the thunderstorm suited them but which one suited you?
    I prepared for the worst, so I practiced a lot under thunderstorm conditions. So when we started during only rain, the car felt pretty good. So I guess the rain suited me better.

2: Dubai name 2 interesting things on/about this track.
    1. It's very dry :thumbsup:
    2. There's sand... lots of sand.

3: Couple new guys this week Matt and Jeremy how do you think they did?

Having their first TNGTC race in the rain, I think they did very well. Looks like I'll have to step up my game if I want to stay ahead of them.

4: Season 4 fast approaching are you any closer to announcing you teammate/car.
    Ben already announced that he and I will be racing for Fast Orange Racing next season. I am close to announcing which car I will be driving in S4. One hint: it won't be the M3.

5: Spam Fritters Racing win the teams championship impressed?
    I have been around long enough in this Championship to have an opinion on that. But congrats to them for claiming the constructors title!

• Love Love x 1
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAZ!!!!!!

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Thanks Dave

• Angry Angry x 1
  7. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

IMG_1204.JPG

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  8. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

1: well Zhuhai didn't disappoint some amazing weather causing some drivers to be fast when it was RAIN conditions others found the thunderstorm suited them but which one suited you?
    Rain wasn't bad for me but car suited the conditions as they changed. When the thunderstorm hit I had zero grip

Car park run offs & Benji's sister

Really excited about these two guys Matt seems quicker right now but Jeremy sounds determined so could be two to watch next season. Feels like they have fitted straight in

We announced last night our car and numbers back in the Aston as I let frank choose a car he wanted I love it anyway and have setups for it so it's win win
    IMG_1224.JPG

Yeah the boys did well in this field to dominate like they have had been impressive

+ QuoteReply

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    Max Power Racing #85 Bentley Continental GT3 Premium Member

This was not my night. Haven't felt in shape all week due to real life stuff. Struggled with the setup all week, so Ben gave me his. This made the car more stable, but I was still struggling to set a decent lap time.

Feature race:
    Qualified way in the back. After a few laps I accidentally hit my clutch more than the brake and came into T10 like a torpedo, trying to avoid hitting Rob, which failed. Sorry for that. Couldn't find the right pace, just like all week. Struggled with the tyre temperatures at the end of the race and Ronnie was closing in quickly. Finished P11.

Sprint race:
    Qualified 8th, had a decent start but damaged the car after the chaos in T1. This dropped my lap times even more, so switched to my H-shifter and cruised to the finish, just for experience.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Well that was good and bad at the same time, Feature Q5, R4

First lap was chaotic, Omari made contact with me, put me down to P8, Repassed him with a lovely move, then passed benji, then did a stunning move on lance, and then andrew spun, putting me P4. Lance stayed close behind, until he decided to go like 3 laps longer on tires, which lost him like 9 seconds, cruised home from there.

Sprint, bad. Was an innocent victim of the T1 Melee. Had to pit to repair damage, passd frank quite quickly, and pulled on him very fast, caught and passed ronnie, up to p11, Omari then dissapeared so P10, with fastest lap. 1 lap more i would've been in the battle of rob, night & skaanky.

Overall i'm pleased as i got up to P3 in the championship, and also massive congrats to @Gareth Williams on becoming champion, smashed it and we take home both titles! #WorldSpampions

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. Loving the hashtag :roflmao:

12. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Team Merica #64 Corvette C7.R Premium Member

I spun on my in lap at the hairpin. =\. Lost about 8 seconds due to that

13. Ah, i thought you would've lost out going longer, but i was surprised to see it be about 9 seconds

14. Feature

Q: p1 only an average lap, some 6 tenths off, nearly put my self in danger of a lower slot,

R: p1

Been trying to work on starts recently and today was an average one I have to say,
    Good reaction to light but didn't hook the first to second change,
    Managed to lead out of t1 just about which was critical for me,

Gap to Andrew opened to about a second, and started to see what could do with keeping these tyres alive,

Gap slowly increased, Andrew had a moment which let Ben into p2, gap was staying roughly same, so towards 6-7ish I was trying to then increase it abit so had a buffer,

I pitted like lap 11 think and come back out in the lead at roughly same gap,

It was a lap later I realised I was going to be very close on fuel at end, so started to save some fuel where possible, lucky for me the gap stayed same and I'd just put hammer down when it started to drop,

No issues just managed to save enough,

Sprint,

Q: n/a started p10?

Had an epic start and was up into p3 by end of t1,
    Thought great I'll take anything that comes my way now, so chilled in p3 and began to see benji starting to struggle so decided to dispatch of him and get into p2 hehe,

Then came Andrew for p1, was pretty much constant defending from him for 7 like laps and me attacking lol, if could of gotten passed could of stretched a lead I reckon as was running nearly 1.5 off pace, but nvm I made him work the win seeing as I'd got the title wrapped up finally,

Don't worry, I shall do a selfie this time hehe

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Two things to say about this week:

1. A very well done to my old and very well respected friend, @Gazza123 for his championship win. In my book the most complete driver in the league.

2. YES! That is one of the best sprint races I've ever been in and one of the hardest races of my life. That was truly insane, two guys attacking and defending on the limit, and I've never felt better after a victory. Especially after losing a potential podium in the sprint due to a lack of practice!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Feature
    Q:9th
    R:8th

Made a good start getting up to 6th in the end after some interesting moves and stayed there for the rest of the race until the last lap, where I got absolutely mmugged by everyone and their nan.

Sprint

Q:4th
    R:3rd

Made another good start, inviting myself pass Shanky and Omari at turn 1, great pass 10/10 would pass again. So then I'm minding my own business behind Andrew in P2 and I looked down and seen Gaz in P3, note this was. Turn 3. Mate I fall off my chair faster than a dog licking its own private area. My front left got bored and decided to leave me and join the bandwagoners leaving me with 3 working tyres. Gaz got pass (shock) but in the end I somehow defined the laws of potatoes and got 3rd.

Can't wait for Le Mans now. COME ON!!!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Congratulations @Gazer123 (my pick at the start of the season btw:whistling:) and to the spampions. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My "highlights"

• Like Like x 1
  18. The collision model on this game has messed up my last two rounds! Lesson learnt. Practice more...being mid pack in this league at the start of races is just a shoving match and i always come off worse!

Congrats gaz...defo deserved the title. Was the most consistent all season. And the person ive had my best races with.

Been a decent season. Came here to do what i aimed to do....firstly to prove i am not 2 seconds off the pace! Secondly to win races which i have done. Thirdly to learn about set up......hmmmm pretty much run the same thing all season. Lastly....lost motivation after mid season changes as well as the personal **** happening im real life. Wont be racing next week. Cya guys for the new season.

New team mate...the most unlikely combination. Hopefully we can bring the challenge! But the aim is the same....have fun...Be competitive...we do this for free so it really has no impact on real life...some here would do well to remember that.

Ciao

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

First off well done again to @Gareth Williams best driver all season so is rightly champion

For my part turned up after a few pints to race and not really in the mood after being at a funeral

Been struggling with the car on this track and was changing lots before the races to try and get the thing to handle. In the end I just drove as hard as I could with what I had and suprised myself in qualifying and the race P2!

Sprint was its usual mess people off track everywhere at turn 1 mean't some guys took avoiding action I hit the back of @Frank Finch as he slowed car was obviously damaged but got up to p5 then p4 as Omari crashed let adam passed due to my damage and just slipstreamed him home for p5

Le Mans next, one more to go then back to the old Aston and try to win back the championship

@omari watson 1 you have had a great season and you should be proud. With Adam next season that will be some team

IMG_1230.JPG
    Here's Gaz celebrating last night

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

Congratulation's to @Gareth Williams On Officially Becoming Our S3 Drivers Champion, He Has Been The Most Consistent Threw-out The Full Season and 100% Deserves This He's a Awesome Guy To Race Against And Will Be Tough To Beat In S4 Great Stuff Dude :)

Now The Fight For 2nd Is On With The Season Coming To An End We Head To Le Mans With At least 4-5 Drivers In With A Shot Of Sealing A Top 3 Spot I'm Really Looking Forward To Next Week See You All There.

• Agree Agree x 1