1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 | [R26 & R27] - Zhuhai

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Ben McCluskey, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Overtake 1 - Rob on Frank

2. Overtake 2 - Lance on Benji

3. Overtake 3 - Dave on Adam

4. Overtake 4 - Andrew on Rob

5. Overtake 5 - Andrew on Benji

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Here is the video for the Overtakes of the week. Please vote for your favourite in the poll above thanks

image.png
    Hello and welcome to rounds 26 & 27 of the Thursday Night GT Championship. This week we head over to China to race at the Zhuhai International Circuit. The track has a simple design, but is very challenging to drive for the driver and car. The hard braking zones will easily overheat your brakes, so make sure your brake ducts are wide open. With 4 slow 1/2 gear turns, traction will be vital. Zhuhai can easily trick drivers into thinking high gear ratios are needed with the amount of straights, but in fact it is the opposite approach needed as all the lap time is gained in the acceleration out of the slow turns. The track has 5 main overtaking spots, so the racing shall be interesting. But The question is, who will set their car up the best to win at this 2.68 mile long circuit.

Here's the track map
    image.png
    Length: 2.68 miles

Turns: 14 (10 right/4 left)

Weather: Random (aka wet with fog)

Race Times:
    Feature 3pm
    Sprint 4pm

Lap Record: Adam Morris S3 (Practice) 1.30:3

Last time out at Sakitto

The :poop: team with the drivers of Liam and Gaz took an early lead with Adam, with Ben and Lance behind. Ben got slaughtered by lag giving Adam 3rd until his game crashed. Lance put on hard tyres during the pits which give 3rd place to Rob. Liam took his 2nd win in a row and 2nd of the season with Gaz behind in 2nd. Benji and Andrew fought it out for 5th where Andrew got the overtake around the outside at the final turn on the final lap. In the sprint Adam and Ben where able to qualify and they locked out the front row but Benji got side by side with them going into turn 1 making a 3 wide breathtaking moment, lucky no contact was made. Andrew then spun at 130r on lap 1 moving Liam up to 4th after starting last. Ben took a lead over Adam with Liam third after Benji went wide at the final turn, also letting Gaz past a lap later after a half spin on a autospin kerb. Frank and Rob had a hard battle until Rob eventually got past back couldn't catch a slow Benji. Adam had to defend for his life over Liam but Liam did get past at turn 1 on the last lap to get 2nd and his best ever race day. Ben took a win with Adam 3rd, Gaz 4th and Lance 5th.

Now here is Ben's questions sponsored by Benji's Zafira

Q1: how was tyre heat/wear for you at sakitto

Q2: Zhuhai is a mixture of straights fast corners but also hairpins what will you focus on grip or speed?

Q3: have you decided your car for next season and will you dump the M3?

Q4: Zhuhai could be a wet race much like last season are you bothered by these conditions or even excited by them?

Q5: who will explode in mid-air this week?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016

2. So we're now Spam Filters and my name is Laim?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blaming it on autocorrect

• Like Like x 1
  4. Q1: how was tyre heat/wear for you at sakitto
    Worse than sitting on the sun

Q2: Zhuhai is a mixture of straights fast corners but also hairpins what will you focus on grip or speed?
    Grip

Maybe

Q4: Zhuhai could be a wet race much like last season are you bothered by these conditions or even excited by them?
    Did someone say rain.... vroom

Adam

Have fun racing this week lads, I hate you all for racing in a wet without me :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  5. No, we don't race for spam fitter either

• Like Like x 1
  6. Q1: how was tyre heat/wear for you at sakitto

Absolutely no problems

Greed

JERRY

Excited. I'm usually strong in the rain. Was pretty fast here last season in the rain

Ben Again.

• Wow Wow x 1
  7. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    Max Power Racing #34 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 Premium Member

Q1: How was tyre heat/wear for you at sakitto?
    Spent most time adjusting the tyre pressures during practice after the fiasco I had at Donington, so my tyres were actually pretty good this time.

Since my cornering needs the most improvement, I'm definitely going for grip. Especially with a big chance of rain and fog!

Q3: Have you decided your car for next season and will you dump the M3?
    I have signed up already with the AMG, but me and my new teammate for S4 are testing a few different options right now.

You would think that, coming from the Netherlands, I would enjoy anything that has to do with water. Nothing could be further from the truth! But maybe it's just my lack of experience in the wet, so I will have to accept the challenge and make the best of it.

Q5: Who will explode in mid-air this week?
    Well... if I can choose between sliding off a wet track and total the car myself or explode mid-air... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Q1: how was tyre heat/wear for you at sakitto
    Bad

Speed

Dumping everything haha

Love the conditions. Only ones I can challenge in.

Me probably

9. I clicked on the wrong OOTW Vote, i hit 5 instead of 3. So yeah, hahaha consider that when it's decided

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Q1: how was tyre heat/wear for you at sakitto

Heat seemed bad But the wear wasn't too bad, I didn't drive very well but ended up with 3rd because of others bad luck.

Try to have a balanced car but haven't had time to practice yet. Hopefully tonight sometime.

Probably would have stayed with the m3 or z4.

I did ok in the last wet race so hopefully can do ok whatever happens.
    I want finish racing here on good terms with everyone and enjoy myself, so will try to show I am competant and not give anyone reason to complain about me.

Hopefully no one.

11. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Will send setup tonight it was crap last night so didn't bother lol. Wish you and @Andrew Holmes would stay but respect your decisions. Your both welcome back anytime of course

• Like Like x 1

12. I second the staying thing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

Q1: how was tyre heat/wear for you at sakitto
    A: Hot And Melty

A: Pirelli (US)

A: M34LYF

A: WET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A: Dave's Time Machine Once I RPG Him

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. And people have a go at MY driving lol

Welldone benji, well deserved :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  15. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Well done @Benjamin McC brilliant drive and welcome to the club

Congrats to spam fritters on the teams championship well driven fellas

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Is this in reference to me at all?

17. Brilliant drive @Ben McCluskey, absolutely awesome mate. As Ron Dennis once said: "Welcome to the world of winning, first of many... to finish first, you first have to finish! Well done."

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. No it's probably in reference to me because we had a bit of contact too

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nice win benji, now don't go taking that zafira out in celebration

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  20. 1st win. I'm really happy :D
    Sorry if I come across cocky btw, I'm just really excited

Didn't do much practice as I had a school awards night, but that ended sooner than I expected. So I was able to make the sprint hoping for an unrealistic podium.
    Took an early lead after Andrew made a mistake and just managed the gap to the car behind from there and got P1 :p

Thanks for the support over the past 3 seasons. Couldn't have done it without everyone :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1