1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 | [R24 & R25] - Sakitto

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Ben McCluskey, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Overtake 1 - Andrew on Dean

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Overtake 2 - Omari on Ronnie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Overtake 3 - Gaz on Adam

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. Overtake 4 - Omari on Frank

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Overtake 5 - Ben on Lance

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Overtake 6 - Adam on Benji

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Here is the video for the Overtakes of the week. Please vote for your favourite in the poll above thanks

image.png

Here we are, rounds 24 & 25 of the Thursday Night GT Championship. This week we head to the countryside of Japan, where the friction circuit of Satkitto lays. The Satkitto track is based on furious Suzuka. It is made up of 3.34 miles of extremely fast corners like 130r and the final turn, but also twisty sectors like sector 1. To be quick here, a driver must be able to take the entire final sector nearly flat out, be smooth and precise and have a set of balls. It's a track which will reward both smooth and aggressive drivers, allowing drivers to really throw their car into the corners and carry speed with a good balanced car but also needing to set the car up for the long straights. Which one will you focus on more? There's 15 turns which will eat your tyre wear, which is bad news for me.
    So as we approach Sakitto, Who will be the beast that conquers this track?

Sakitto has now been on the TNGTC for 2 seasons and both seasons, it's brought exciting and furious racing. This season should be no different.

image.png

Track map

image.png

Length: 3.34 miles

Turns: 15
    8 right
    7 left

Weather: Dry

Times
    Feature 11am
    Sprint 12pm

Laps
    Feature: 24 laps
    Sprint: 12 laps

Lap Record: 1.40:064 Adam Morris S3 (Practice)

Last Time out at Donington

Last week TNGTC raced at Donington is the unbelievable low light. In the feature race Liam, Adam and Gaz followed each other around for the majority of the race with Ben closely behind. But Gaz hit the wall receiving engine damage, this allowed Ben past and whilst Andrew was making an overtake on Gaz, his car suffered an engine blow. This stopped him on the track where he was smashed into the back by Andrew and then Benji. Gaz and Andrew both had to retire and Benji had major front end damage. This allowed Dean to make a bold move on the Northern Irish driver but only resulting in contact. Dean later had a crash which Caused Rob to get damage. We currently don't have much information on the crash but it did cause Dean to retire. Liam went on to get his first win of the season with Adam second, Ben 3rd, Benji 4th and Rob 5th. Omari came though to 6th, allowing him to qualify with the retirements and other drivers. Andrew took a surprising pole and was over the moon. He went on to fight Gaz for the win until spinning at the chicane. It was also chaotic at the first turn where 5 cars went off. With Andrew spin, this allowed Gaz to win ahead of Ben, then Andrew, Adam, Benji and Liam.

image.png
    image.png image.png

Now here's Ben's questions sponsored by Gaz's cupboard

1. Donington proved a pair of crazy races, what was your pros and cons from them

2. Sakitto this week is the last corner flat out for you or do you have a "confidence lift"

3. With an eye on next season are you planning to resign to the series?

4. Would you like a change in race format such as a single race or any other ideas?

5. Pick a driver and find a film character that reminds you of them?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  2. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

NOTICE TO ALL DRIVERS PLEASE USE THIS THREAD THANKS

3. 1. Good feeling in the car, good overtake on Dean which brought a smile to my face.

Stupid mistakes and bad pace.

2. No, the last corner is of course flat. Balls needed.

3. Undecided

4. Nope

5. Me, fatman... Na na na na na na na na na FATMAN

• Like Like x 1
  4. 1. Donington proved a pair of crazy races, what was your pros and cons from them

I got 4th and 5th which was good
    But I forgot my sunglasses, so now I'm blind

2. Sakitto this week is the last corner flat out for you or do you have a "confidence lift"

Flat!

Yes but I might not be able to make all the races because of school work :unsure:

4. Would you like a change in race format such as a single race or any other ideas?

More wet races :sneaky:

@
    Ben Milden
    image.png

• Haha Haha x 2
  5. 1. Donington proved a pair of crazy races, what was your pros and cons from them

Pros: Made the most of what was offered to me and extracted absolutely everything

Last season i remember there was a slight lift, and I got pole and won, so either you guys are liars, found more grip, or haven't actually tried it.

If @Ben Milden tells me he loves me

No.

Rob, R2-D2

6. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

1. Donington proved a pair of crazy races, what was your pros and cons from them
    Pros great pace pole in the feature and fastest lap in both races also taking points off Gaz. Cons wanted to win and should have but was out of my control

I'm lifting so far

If others do then I will like this league and the people in it

I would yes, I would love one race of one hour with x2 tyre wear and no mandatory pit stop this could see some people pit and others risking staying out, saying that I'm ok with how things are now

Rob has a beard looks similar to this beauty lol
    IMG_1169.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Team Merica #64 Corvette C7.R Premium Member

Pros - Saw some nice racing
    Cons - Track limits and that sun set.... lol.

It can be flat for the opening laps of stint but if that left front is over heating, you should have a slight lift, otherwise you might me in the wall.

Unless I get a new job, I should be racing.

I've always been a fan of the hour events. I would also like to see the flags/penalties turned back on. Reason being that most of us get tons of practice so there is no reason why we can't keep it on the track or keep from hitting each other.

I always hate being the one to bring this up, but track limits at Donington were terrible. Hate to use Ben as an example, but your pass on me in the OTW is illegal as you started your move with a cut of the old chicane. Also, some players in the party I was in during the sprint race admitted that they made the chicane maybe 2 to 3 times without invalidating their lap... That is stupid, 2 to 3 times out of 14, that's a ****ing joke. I don't want to hear that the sun made the corner blind as we all knew for 4 to 5 days that the start times were 1600 and 1700. With the amount of practice everyone gets things like this shouldn't happen... I'm not saying I'm perfect, I missed the chicane maybe twice but I get less practice than everyone and I'm able to keep it on the track.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    Max Power Racing #34 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 Premium Member

1. Donington proved a pair of crazy races, what was your pros and cons from them?
    Pros: I scored 5 points! Mostly because of the DNF's of others, but my granny always used to say: "You have to cross the finish line in order to score some points." ;)
    Cons: The big incident in the first corner and struggling with the low tire temperatures screwed up my sprint race.

2. Sakitto this week is the last corner flat out for you or do you have a "confidence lift"?
    Flat out, but only if I enter that corner perfectly.

I'll be there. Probably going to switch to the Mercedes AMG GT3 though. I know it's not the easiest car to handle (especially for a rookie), but I just love that beautiful machine!

I am too new to this group to have any wishes or ideas about the format. My main focus is to get faster and to become a real threat to the rest of you.

All of you are the roadrunner. I am Wile E. Coyote trying to catch (up on) you, but failing... for now :sneaky:

[​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. My Imola/Donington highlights are uploading. They're ehmmmmmm...... Silverstone inspired. @Ben Milden i included something just for you!

P.S. Sorry Andrew

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  10. Video F'd up. It'll be reedited and up tomorrow

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    • Haha Haha x 2
  11. 'How could this happen to me'

• Wow Wow x 1
  13. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

IMG_1104.JPG

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Team Merica #64 Corvette C7.R Premium Member

Lap 1 Imola Sprint... 2 illegal overtakes... passed both cars off circuit. Same with Donington feature.... cut old chicane and made 2 overtakes.... and finally the pass on Ronnie is the chicane is definitely illegal.

15. Lap 1 imola sprint, those cars were crashing i took evasive action.

Donington feature i went off by like 1mm. Give it a rest for god sake.

Same with ronnie, i misjudged the chicane on lap 1, sun blinded me. He ended up going in the wall so it hardly made a difference.

This video was supposed to be a bit of fun. Everyone else has told me they loved it, none of the moves were completed via going off track. Just cause someone goes off doesn't mean we have to jump all over it

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lance I got way less practice than you at Donington. I got like 30 mins the entire week, and guess what? Sh*t happens in racing. If you're so bothered about track limits, give up racing and become a judge of fact. Whilever there are no penalties imposed, drivers are gonna do it, and so what? So a few of us cut by 2mm on a kerb. If you're not invalidating the lap by doing and you're not getting penalties from the stewards, you do it too. If you don't push the boundaries you shouldn't be racing. Yeah it's unfair that some are doing it and others aren't, but if you're in that minority, use the old initiative and start. You've been bitching about track limits for 3 seasons now, and what's changed?

• Love Love x 1
  17. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

We need penalties turned on but I think everyone has excuses why they shouldn't be on. I think they are just excuses and should be on just my opinion and I'm sure you guys won't agree

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Yawnn,

19. But rules are rules right?! We already use the curbs as our track limits and more in places and there's people taking more and more. Lance isn't the only one whos bothered by it and say himself by mentioning it he's opening up himself to comments like yours.
    I know at least 2 people who have left this league because of cutting and extending.
    It bugs the **** out of me too but I just do what I see other getting away with it. Still not comfortable with overtaking off the track but I guess id best not say anything and just join in right....

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. If people have an issue with someone else's driving that's what stewards thread is for, leaving is just stupid

• Agree Agree x 1