1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

S3 | [R22 & R23] - Donington

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Ben McCluskey, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Overtake 1 - Liam on Nic

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Overtake 2 - Nic on Liam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Overtake 3 - Liam on Rob

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Overtake 4 - Lance on Rob

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  5. Overtake 5 - Rob on Nic & Dom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Overtake 6 - Ben on Benji

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. Overtake 7 - Gaz on Nic & Liam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Here is the video for the Overtakes of the week. Please vote for your favourite in the poll above thanks

image.png

Hi Everyone, this week we head to the 2nd and final British round of the season. For a few drivers in our league, this is their home race so they will be pushing 5% more (including me). As this is the 22 & 23 rounds of the Thursday Night GT Championship we are coming into the final leg of the season, as after this it's the fly away races in Asia and the traditional season ending endurance race at Le Mans. Every race from now will be crucial points in the championship, so small mistakes could be vital.

Donington is a well loved circuit in the East-Midlands in England where famous formulas such as MotoGP, WSB, BSB, Touring Cars and Formula One have race around this 2.49 miles circuit. Its positioned right beside an airport so traveling won't be an issue (I like planes). This season we will be using the GP layout, YES! The feature race will be at 4pm and the sprint at 5pm, so bring your sunglasses and anti-migraine tablets. It will also be a dry race, so we can get over our colds from Imola.

image.png image.png

image.png

Feature: Laps 4pm
    Sprint: laps 5pm
    Weather: Dry and blinding

Length: 2.49 Miles
    Turns: 12 - 7 right & 5 left
    TNGTC Lap Record: 1.25:7 Adam Morris Season 1

Last Time Out at Imola

For everyone with Dementia *cough cough Rob. We where at Imola! It was wet and foggy. Nic took an early lead holding off Gaz with Adam, Liam and Ben a second or two back. Benji was then just holding on a couple more seconds down the road. But just as Nic made his pitstop, it started to stop raining! I (Benji) caught the trio in front like an absolute boss and was right behind going into the pits. It then turned foggy with Gaz leading and Liam, Ben and Benji fighting for 2nd. Adam spun at turn 2 and Nic had issues with tyre selections causing him to pit 4 times and go a lap down. Omari didn't have the best of features but took the win in the sprint. Gaz won the feature with Liam bringing in a 1-2. In the sprint Dean drove to 2nd behind Omari but all the action happened in the fight for 3rd where Lance held off 4 cars for 10 laps until spinning on an auto spin kerb. Gaz ended up getting 3rd with Liam and Nic battling for 4th and a chasing Benji in 6th. Adam and Ben both stuffed damage and came 9th and 10th. Will anyone be able to catch Gaz now?

image.png image.png image.png

Here's Bens questions sponsored this week by his very own wheelchair

Q1: do you think gaz can be stopped for the championship

Q2: who do you most like racing in the league and why?

Q3: donnington this week where is the best place for overtaking?

Q4: imagine your the league organiser what one thing would you change for next season?

Q5: boobs or ass?

2. Q1: do you think gaz can be stopped for the championship
    Yes, Remember Bathurst Sprint

I do really enjoy racing against Andrew because we always fight each other to the limit, giving each other just enough room. Our mess about races in GINETTA's, Clio's and Formula Renualts are golden.

Hairpin Time :sneaky:

Q4: imagine your the league organiser what one thing would you change for next season?
    Bring back the random car draw, but Only Have like Mercedes, Bentley, M3 and Aston

Q5: boobs or ass

That's a hard one.
    Have Both at the same time :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

I had a similar lead at this stage and always felt comfortable to a point so I'm sure gaz has this covered

Gaz, Liam, Adam,Omari,Andrew and Benji to a degree. People who give you racing room

Hairpin or back straight

Unlock all GT3 cars

Boobs ftw

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Team Merica #64 Corvette C7.R Premium Member

Depends on if Omari can get some track time in to challenge him, otherwise we might need to call Lionhearted to come take him out...lol.

Everyone really, most of us has history back to the CM games, so we know each others style and usually race craft.

Sector 3 is best spot for passing.

If we are going back to the old points systems then we should go back to the one race but longer distance.

I've always been an ass guy...lol. More cushion for the pushin....lol. Sorry to mods if that was a little inappropriate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Q1: do you think gaz can be stopped for the championship?

No. Police don't pull you over for that.

Ben and Adam this season. Had a couple races where i've battled race long with them and it's been fun.

Q3: donington this week where is the best place for overtaking?

Donington* (God you can tell benji made this) Probably T1 & S3

Pole and FL To 1 point, same with OOTW. Atm you can basically get as many points through those as you would a 5th in the feature. Crazy

Mmmmmm nipples

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You're wrong about question 3 lol

7. Is it just a trait of people with ben in their name they can't spell?

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Q1: do you think gaz can be stopped for the championship

Doubt it

The competitiveness thourghout this field of drivers.

Ill leave my original answer just to show u what a wholly i am....

Ive had some great battles with gaz all season. Ben, adam, rob, dean, lance.....f**k it pretty much half the grid ive had good races with. Reason...clean hard fair racing....its simple really.

Never raced here..dont know

Shorter season. No mid season rule changes.

Why cant i have both?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

A: No, Hes On Form Atm And Dont See Anyone Taking To Fight To Him Now But Who Knows.

A: All The Drivers And How Close Everyone Is Now Makes For A Better Environment To Race In

A: Deep Up The Inside Into The Braking Zones Here, There And Everywhere

Q4: imagine you're the league organiser what one thing would you change for next season?
    A: I Dont Need To Imagine Because I Am League Organizer And Wouldn't You All Like To Know What Im Changing LMAO.

A: (Ass And Titties) But Has To Be Both Tbh Can't Beat Some (Margot Robbie) Harley Quinn She's Awesome And FAF Ha

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Ok lads....things are looking better for me! But not fully sorted. Thanks to those for ur kind words.......last couple weeks has been a rollercoaster!

• Love Love x 3
  11. Q1: do you think gaz can be stopped for the championship
    As good a chance as Nico rosberg being stopped in F1 title fight... Too late really. They both deserve a title.

Lance is by far the cleanest most space aware driver on the grid. He is patient, calculated and has no ego. Or maybe he's just always high as a hippie lolol. Always a pleasure sharing Tarmac with him, his racing character pays off and he pulls off the most stunning overtakes. Gaz is a close 2nd and rightly so because it's hard to balance being on a winning agenda and be most conservative combat racer. He's most successful at it. My name is Nic, I'm not so great at all of these things :thumbsdown:

Sector 1, 2 & 3 :O_o:

Shorter seasons to encompass as many changes As u like, give ppl more opportunity to win a championship, more numbers in attendance, better all round really.

Boobs

12. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Damn your right I forgot about @Lance Loomis

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

Nice To Know My Old Team Mate Doesnt Rate Me As A Driver #Savage #Conspiracy

• Haha Haha x 2
  14. Q1: do you think gaz can be stopped for the championship

For my sake hopefully not

I like racing everyone to a degree, there are a few though that you can race that little bit more and have confidence that you'll not tag each other

Every corner can overtake on if car in front makes a big enough error

Keep same points system, reduce the bonus points given down to one point unless is endurance then should be two

Both as I'm a badass

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. Loving the classic 90's techno sort of rock thing in the video haha.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

How are you me seeks got a PS4 yet

17. Im not too bad me milden :p
    Not to make you jelous but i got tickets for arsenal v chelsea and arsenal v basel last week :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  18. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

This conversation is over lol

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    Max Power Racing #85 Bentley Continental GT3 Premium Member

I am sorry to announce that I won't be participating in the championship anymore. I just lack the skill and technique to go any faster at the moment. Right now I am easily 3 seconds slower per lap and that is so frustrating that I don't enjoy racing anymore. Plus, I feel like a huge nuisance to the rest of the field for being so slow. This championship is just out of my league... for now.

I will keep an eye on the championship and will keep training so that one day I can come back to be competitive enough to go for a top 5 spot!

I thank everyone for giving me the opportunity to race with you. At least now I know where I have to work up to.

• Sad Sad x 1
  20. 1: nope, hope not
    2: mostly Ben because we have a long history, he's always fair, he knows the bounds and he's fun to race against.
    3: anywhere if you're brave. Outside of Coppice anyone? ;)
    4: car class
    5: both, why not?