1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

S3 | [R20 & R21] - Imola

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Ben McCluskey, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Overtake 1

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Overtake 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Overtake 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Overtake 4

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Overtake 5

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Overtake 6

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. In the poll above there are options for you to vote for your favourite overtake of the week. The overtakes for last weeks race at Watkins are in the video below

Next week send your nominations to ben and he will add them in the Imola video thanks

image.png
    Hello and welcome to rounds 20 & 21 of the Thursday Night Championship! This week we go to a well known circuit in the Italian countryside, It is Imola! Legends say this is where the Racing God's come to race, every turn, every barrier, history and legacy lays. This track even claimed the life of the G.O.A.T of Formula 1. So as TNGTC entires its third season of racing at this amazing circuit, will you be brave enough to challenge the beast?

Last Time out at Watkins

Liam drops even more ice cream
    Ben announces what car he'll be driving this week
    Andrew and Rob meet up again
    Nic enters the matrix of lag
    Benji doesn't race because it's dry
    New boy Frank scores points in both races!

Now in case anyone needs some inspiration *cough cough Andrew
    Here's what happened last season

Liam wins his first ever TNGTC race in the wet
    Benji makes an unbelievable move around the outside on lance at turn 1
    Gaz and Ben battle to out for the win in the feature
    Bajny didn't kill anyone

And if you somehow get lost, here's a very technical and boring map of the Imola circuit that no one will pay any interest to

image.png
    Feature Race: 12pm
    Sprint Race: 1pm
    Feature Laps: 28 Laps
    Sprint Laps: 14 Laps
    Weather: Random

TNGTC Interviews sponsored by Liam's mum Ice-Cream
    Hello and welcome to the interview room where we trust Gaz to ask the drivers questions. God help us all...

Press Conference
    Q: Do you enjoy driving around this Imola circuit?
    Q: Who has most impressed you this season the most whether it be most improved or on track racing.
    Q: Where do you aim to be in each race this week?
    Q: How will you attack this awesome track this week, will you use an aggressive style, or a smooth style
    Q: When did you last have a baked potato?

If anyone has any ideas that they want included in the race threads, please comment them below your answers

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Press Conference

Yes, one of my favourite tracks actually. There's very rarely a track that suits my style, so when I go to a track like this and Zolder. I eat even more potatoes because of the excitement

Q: Who has most impressed you this season the most whether it be most improved or on track racing.
    Bajny

1st :D
    Joking! I'm not that good

Q: How will you attack this awesome track this week, will you use an aggressive style, or a smooth style
    AGGRESSIVE! :p

Q: When did you last have a baked potato
    Tonight :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Press Conference

Yeah I like it. Already done some laps (Although most of them were spent playing dodge the lagging nic. P.S I lost, he even killed me and Gaz at the same time!)

On track racing, probably Adam and Ben.

Well, I was very quick here last season, but I've been poor this season, so top 3.

Aggrooth

Last week, Cheese and beans!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Press Conference
    Legendary circuit but hate it! very challenging and not the best with these cars...

track racing: Omari
    most improved: Rob

Aim is always P1, in reality maybe just a podium.. close pace this wk

With the help of some lag, Smooth sailing... whatever senna didn't do ill do. lol

months ago

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    Max Power Racing #85 Bentley Continental GT3 Premium Member

Well here is my first press conference...

Press Conference
    I never drove around the classic layout, but I do think this modern layout is more challenging. There are some tricky corners, but I definitely like this track because of it.

Since I'm new here there is not one specific person who impressed me the most, but I am pretty impressed by all of your lap times. I sure have quite the challenge ahead of me so that one day I can be just as fast.

Someone once told me to always aim high, so 1st :roflmao: But seriously, I am going to be satisfied if I just score some points in both races again. So my aim is top 10 in both races.

Q: How will you attack this awesome track this week, will you use an aggressive style, or a smooth style?
    I am still learning how to get around the track a bit faster, so I will have to find the right line. That's why I'll try to drive as smooth as possible. Once I get up to pace with the rest of the field, I can get more aggressive.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Press Conference

Q: Do you enjoy driving around this Imola circuit
    Yes I love this track but the M3 is hard work compared to the Other cars I've driven here

Tough one really as to be honest everyone is where I would expect if I had to pick someone maybe Dean as he seems like he will be 4th in the championship soon. Obviously gaz and Omari doing well to

Running out of chances to stay in this championship fight so I need luck would be happy with top 5 in the feature race and podium in sprint

Have to be aggressive here because of the kerbs

I'm not Irish what's a baked potato you sick trucker

Don't forget to send or tell me about your best overtakes so I can show them off next week! The winner gets no more than a high five as one point is far far to much for people to comprehend

Thanks to Benji for our highly controversial race thread and gaz for losing the questions lol thanks dudes

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Press Conference

Another new one for me, did 10 laps or so last night, but was falling asleep at the wheel..... did a 1.44, so plenty of work to do.

There are so many quick drivers, but I'd say Gaz, hes always there or there abouts.

I don't, I just hope Im not too far behind. I was on the pace last week so hope I can keep that up.

I hear you need to be aggressive if you want the times. I Just need to put the time in, hopefully I can.

Last Thursday, with beans and cheese yo (it's how most McEwan's eat them)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Press Conference
    A: Not particularly
    Q: Who has most impressed you this season the most whether it be most improved or on track racing?
    A: Most impressive is Gaz, since Nordschliefe he has been simply untouchable.
    A: Feature - Not there / Sprint - Not there
    Q: How will you attack this awesome track this week, will you use an aggressive style, or a smooth style?
    A: Neither
    A: Don't want to try and remember

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  10. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

Informant Alert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. What is a good time round here?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

1.40s to low 1.41s gaz is doing mid 1.40s

13. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

@Andrew Holmes Please Can You Confirm Your Current Status In This League ???

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. Miserable.....

• Haha Haha x 2
  15. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Not bothering......

• Haha Haha x 2
  16. Sulking......

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Potato

• Haha Haha x 2
  18. Not turning up to Imola because I'm busy...?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stimulus: M3

• Like Like x 1