1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

S3 | [R16 & R17] - Hockenheim

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Andrew Holmes, Sep 13, 2016.

1. 14285395_1790880807856419_2009643328_o.jpg

THIS WEEK

The Hockenheimring circuit has been at the forefront of German motorsport; one of three main circuits in Germany, it has held many prestigious events, such as the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters’ championship, the Porsche Carrera Cup, ADAC GT3 Masters’ Series, and finally the FIA Formula One World Championship. This is the TNGTC’s second visit to Germany in Season Three, and we come into the second half of the season with Gareth Williams in the lead of the title race!

THE CIRCUIT
    The Hockenheimring circuit was opened in 1932, and has since offered racing in many different guises. The most iconic of these was the nicknamed ‘Woodland’ layout, which featured hugely long straights, blasting through the trees and into the Stadium section. Although the track has been cut down since, it is still a great venue!
    2000px-Hockenheim2012.svg.png

Facts
    Length: 2.824miles (4.574km)
    Turns: 17 (10 Right, 7 Left)
    Lap Record: 1:13.780 – Kimi Räikkönen – Formula One 2004

PRESS CONFERENCE
    Q: Which German track is your favourite?
    Q: Do you prefer this layout or the classic ‘Woodland’ layout?
    Q: What’s your favourite German Grand Prix highlight?
    Q: What’s your favourite corner on the circuit?

2. PRESS CONFERENCE
    Q: Which German track is your favourite?
    A: Nurburging GP
    Q:
    Do you prefer this layout or the classic ‘Woodland’ layout?
    A: Classic
    A: Hamilton against Alonso at Nurburging 2011
    Q:
    What’s your favourite corner on the circuit?
    A: Turn 6 Hairpin

3. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

PRESS CONFERENCE

Q:
    Which German track is your favourite?
    Old hockenheim longs straights barppppp

Q:
    See above

Q:
    What’s your favourite German Grand Prix highlight?
    Well my favourite drivers have always struggled there lol I always remember this gem of a battle Berger was a bastard sometimes but the sound and the swerving got my attention as a wee lad loved f1 back then (takes off rose tinted glasses)

Q: what's your favourite corner on the track?
    Turn 1 as its about being accurate

4. PRESS CONFERENCE
    Q:
    Nurburgring

Q: Do you prefer this layout or the classic ‘Woodland’ layout?
    Never drove the classic

Don't know

Q: What’s your favourite corner on the circuit?
    The fast right after the hairpin

5. PRESS CONFERENCE
    Q:
    Nurburgring :cautious:
    Q:
    This layout a more enjoyable drive but woodland style was wicked for spectators...
    Q:
    What’s your favourite German Grand Prix highlight?
    Schumacher Schumacher Schumacher
    Q:
    What’s your favourite corner on the circuit?
    Hate the circuit but loveeeee Turn 11... Mobil 1 Kurve ... Fingers crossed for a 35.9 :unsure:

6. What no pole for this thread!

• Haha Haha x 4
  7. My T300 Is here!!!!! Brappppppp

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Nooooooo Dave you brought the wrong wheel

• Like Like x 1
  9. What you chatting fool. The T300 GTE Is Beautiful

10. Detailed review/comparison to the t150, pedals too pls.

11. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

I no just winding you up I have that wheel

12. Pedals, no comment, I have T3PA pedals.

The wheel itself, being the ferrari rim, looks and feels amazing, it's weird to get used to since there's no X, circle, L2 etc, all just buttons, you have to work it out. The force feedback is really nice, super easy to put together, but these are just my first impressions. I'll be able to tell you more after i've properly used it for a while

• Love Love x 1
  13. You better back off bridda bridda

• Wow Wow x 1
  14. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

I used stickers to get used to it they fell off but I remember what's what by then

15. Mess up big time in the sprint race....got no excuses for it....my apologies to ben and to whoever got messed up in my moment of stupidness! Sorry ben

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

It's cool I made mistakes in that race to happens mate. But like maybe brake next time lol

17. Feature

Q, I forgot, P5 I think had a decent launch, had to go wide in T1 to avoid certain death, went to rejoin as safe as possible, if I left it any later, I was going straight into a wall, on rejoin dean was in the spot I wanted /needed, we got away largely unscathed, but ben got by and Benji I think. Benji was quickly disposed of, latched onto the back of ben, but he eventually found another gear and pulled it out to about 3.5s, and it stayed like that really, only thing that happened was dean pulled off in front of me. P5.

Sprint

Started P8, broke the #1 Rule of racing, had contact with gaz in T1, he was doing his own thing, I was covering omari, and our lines conflicted, was minor. There was just chaos ahead, about 5 cars fighting, me and ben scrapped it out, and he supposedly overtook me illegally (Naughty!) but later he was killed by omari which gave him damage, enough for me to just cruise down the inside at the hairpin, and hold it round the outside on the next right, cruised home from there, missing T1 more than I made it through pure struggling. Got P4 when Adam died in T1. It's..... Mehhh results, way below the standards I came into the season with, but the way I've been driving, I'll just have to lower my standards

18. Not much to say tbh. Had a good bit of lag and got run into in Race One which gave me a lot of aero damage. Apologies to @Lance Loomis for the exit of the hairpin, my bad, tried to get on the power too early and lost the rear.

In Race Two I got shoved off the track by Rob on the exit of T4 which lost me 4 places, then got caught up in the cluster of the people in front. Managed to have a good battle with Benji and Omari. Over and out

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tuff day really...

Feature
    Q: p3
    R: p3

No ffb in qually, so poor grid position, would have been a tuff one to get pole anyway. Had a decent start but had to leave room for Gaz to avoid an accident. Terrorized him for a couple laps till I pounced when he least expected it. Omari had a big off so gap came down, had to round him up quickly as well before he regained his composure after his off as he's a great defender. Pulled same move on him in turn 2 as I did Gaz. Solid overtakes then just maintained gap Infront. Then somehow managed to kill my race in pit entrance. Tuff luck really.

Sprint
    R: p2

$hitty race really. Good start, cautious passes on lance, benji, n incident with Rob n Andrew. Terrorized Adam but rear-ended him in hairpin then decided to calm down, had damage so stayed composed as Gaz was coming fast. Tuff luck again.

Congrats to Omari & Dean. Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Race report

Feature
    Q: :whistling:
    R:4th

Well I gave it my all but just a few tenths shy of fighting the front guys I had a good setup here last season but wouldn't work this season made many changes but never got the car as I wanted it that's the RUF for you hard to setup but mighty if you do. Started 11th and last took every opportunity on the first couple laps to move up to 5th and that was it really lol. I could keep dean at about 3 seconds and I could edge away from DAVE a few tenths per lap dean later crashed gifting me p4

Sprint
    Q::(
    R: 5th

Well that is why I love the sprints absolute bedlam lol loads of contact car was wrecked but had fun.

Again I started last "conspiracy" and again took every opportunity to move up to 5th and had made positive changes to my car between races felt good then @omari watson 1 who I will now call "raging bull" charged at my car lol. He made an error into the hairpin forgetting to stop and basically taking one side of my car off if wouldn't really turn right after that and was slow as **** on the straights just to compound things I hit Benji a couple times then @Andrew Holmes celebrated his birthday by penetrating my car from the rear :cry: but all apologised after so sorted. Managed to limp home p5

• Like Like x 1