1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 | [R1 / R2] Bathurst

Discussion in 'TNGTC GT3 - GT3 Pro' started by Andrew Holmes, Jul 11, 2016.

Who will win the Feature Race?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2016.
  1. Ben Milden

22.2%
  2. Rob McEwan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Adam Morris

33.3%
  4. Andrew Holmes

22.2%
  5. Gareth Williams

11.1%
  6. Liam McEwan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

11.1%
  1. TNGTC.jpg
    THIS WEEK
    So we’re back again for the first two rounds of the TNGTC’s new season live from the Panorama Mountain in Australia, where we find the streets of the Bathurst circuit. With the Pre-Season testing phase over, it’s now time to get back to racing on a circuit that delivered a great show last year in the wet. With the new driver and car pairings, who’s your money on for the two wins on Thursday? Which team will start their season in the best way? And which driver will come out of the event in the championship lead? All will be seen on Thursday. Game on!

THE CIRCUIT
    The Mount Panorama Bathurst circuit is a classic location for racing, most famous for the Bathurst 1000 race in the V8 Supercars championship. Here is a map and some quick facts about the circuit!

bathurst map.png
    • 3.861 miles
    • 23 turns
    • 03:00pm Feature Race
    • 04:00pm Sprint Race

PRESS CONFERENCE
    Q:
    After testing your car, are you confident?
    Q: How ready are you for the first event of the season?
    Q: What are the strengths and weaknesses of your car?
    Q: What result are you aiming for this week?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

PRESS CONFERENCE

Q:
    After testing your car, are you confident?
    Yes the car has been great in testing of course the race can be different but as a team we have done our best.

Nearly ready a few race runs to complete but car is awesome

Strengths are sound and power plus looks
    Weaknesses maybe front end and low speed corners. Starts to

Always first but you have to play the long game in a championship

• Like Like x 1
  3. PRESS CONFERENCE
    Q: After testing your car, are you confident?
    A: Quietly confident, knowing there are a lot of guys using the same car is daunting for sure but I'm confident we're in the running.
    A: Fairly ready I'd say, as far as I know I'm fastest on Qualifying pace and I'm always ready for an overtake so I can't wait!
    A: Strengths - Corner speed, downforce.
    Weakness - Maximum speed.
    A: Obviously you always aim for a win but realistically I want a double podium this week as I'm missing Brno.

4. PRESS CONFERENCE
    I HAVE POWER!!!!

It's Bathurst, so no

SPEED!!!

A non existing front end

Not dying

• Like Like x 2
  5. PRESS CONFERENCE

Well, there's nothing for me to learn about the car, but I'm more confident setting it up than before.

I missed all weekend being away, so I'm gonna have to cram practice in. Confident I can be thereabouts.

Well, since it's basically M3 vs V12, The M3 Should have a better front end, but not quite the same front end.

Despite the straight disadvantage of the amount of laps done, as per I'm gonna hope for a win, but a top 4 would be a solid start.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Q: After testing your car, are you confident?
    I'm more excited than confident i guess. It's the first time i'm behind the wheel of a GT so i don't know what to expect. I'll find out soon.

Doing a good hotlap it's difficult but it can be done. The real challenge is to be constant in the race. I'm still working on that.

Based on my set up i can do well in straights. I'm a little bit worried about the understeer but i don't think i can fix that cause then the oversteer problem came out.

To finish. It's my first race in a GT as i said earlier so if i finish the race with a good pace i'm happy without something more.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

@Adam Morris or @Andrew Holmes could you post the new race format below and tag the new guys in it as they don't no what format is used and I can't see it anywhere?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

Im On It Be Done By Today

9. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Thanks I had one of them ask me is all

10. It's in the rules and regs

11. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Can't see any mention of the new sprint procedure I'm sure they haven't been told about the 5 minute warm up first sector thing. Not being a pain just want everyone to be on the same page is all

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. It's not just the new guys, that's the first I've heard about a 5-minute warm up.

I see it's in the rules and regs now, wasn't there before!
    WARMUP RULES
    • · Drivers must not pass the S1 line in the warmup.
    • · Drivers are allowed to drive back up the grid for a practice start.
    Any chance of someone explaining this?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  13. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Basically the sprint race is random grid order Adam checked it and it is definetly random we checked all senarios. So the warm up is there for people to check there wheels and car settings before the race but you can't set a lap time hence the sector one rule

@ChristosG99 @SR_1ceman @SR_TYCOON @Steven Bold @Adam marks @Rob McEwan @Benjamin McC @Lance Loomis @Gareth Williams @LIAMATTHURSO @omari watson 1 @Teix7 @Steve1683

14. You can't pass first sector line, so that on every track gives you a chance to check your wheel is calibrated.

You can come out of the pits and go the wrong way down the main straight to do practice starts on the race grid

15. Yes, I understand its a random grid for the sprint race. but if it's a warm-up session why can't we complete a lap? And are they saying that it's ok to drive the wrong way around the track while people are practicing starts?

16. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Not sure that's wise you can practice start anywhere in sector 2 I would suggest but I'm sure if we are patient @Adam Morris will update us

17. Because if you completed a lap it would put you in pole I'm guessing ?

18. If that's true then fair enough. At least you attempted to answer my question.:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

S3 Bathurst Race 1 / Race 2 New Race Format
    .Race 1 (Feature) Laps 19 / Weather - Dry / In-Game Time 13:00pm / Qualifying 15 Minutes / Session Opens At 7:55pm UK Time / Host - AdamMorris (RD-F1AdamMorris)

. Race 2 (Sprint) Laps 9 / Weather - Dry / In-Game Time 16:00pm / No Qualifying / 5 Minutes Warm-Up / Session Will Launch With A 5 Minute Interval Between The Event's For Toilet Breaks Ect / Host - AdamMorris (RD-F1AdamMorris)

. A 5 Minute Warn Up Is Allowed To Check Setups Ect and You Are Permitted To Do A Istallation Laps But You Must Enter The Pits Imediately when doing so if you are seen Going Past The Pit Entry Towards the Final Turn You Will Be Penalized

. As Most Of You Already Know We Will Be Running Random Starts For The Sprint Races And Heres Tne Procedure To Follow You All Have 5 Minutes Warm Up To Get Ready With 1 Minute To Go I Will Enable My Mic Threw The In-Game Chat And Give A 30 Second Warning To All Drivers That The Race Is About To Start Then Will Skip The Session And Go Into The Race.

.Mandatory Pit Stop With Change Of Tyres Is Still Required As Usaul.

.Track Limits Are As Follows As Long As Your Car Still Remains 2 Wheels On The Kurbs Your Within The Limit Of The Track Unless I State Otherwise For Certain Corners Rest Of The Rules Ect Are To Be Updated If Havent Already Thanks All See You all At Bathurst Tommorow Hope This Clears it Up Better.

• Like Like x 2