1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

S2000 @ Zhuhai 2004 - Sunday July 24th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM S2000
    Required RACE 07 expansions: RACE On and/or STCC - The Game
    Class: WTCC 2006/2007/2008 and STCC 2008 + Vauxhall Vectra (Volvo C30 WTCC and Seq BMW STCC excluded)
    Track: Zhuhai 2004
    Practice: 9:00 GMT
    Qualification: 9:30 GMT Superpole
    Warm-up: 9:40 GMT
    Race: 9:50 GMT 2x30 Minutes, Mandatory pitstop with a minimum of 2 tires
    Password: click here

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]251[/signuplist]

2. No idea what this track is like, but I'm going away travelling next week so it'll be my last race for a while so I am in...hopefully it's an enjoyable track!

EDIT: Just googled it, quite fitting that it's in china as that's where I'm going :)

3. Never heard of the track, but will be racing with you again since i wrecked the Vectra after only two laps last Sunday :p

4. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

5. I've done some laps on this track and I must say it haven't a soul. I'm not surprised nobody knows it. Btw I'm in :)

6. I have the same problem every weekend, if I wake up after a Saturday night, will in

7. Nice track choice, tends to produce close racing. Here are a couple of videos from when we raced here a while back :)

8. Kevin Hopkins

Kevin Hopkins
    Premium Member

9. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

In light of fridays events in Norway, I have decided to change skin for the car. Please delete the previous one if you have downloaded it, and pt this one in the Customskins folder instead. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5E3Y1AEU

10. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!

11. why i can download track ?

12. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

Can anyone tell me why the Vauxhall Vectra all of the sudden is unknown in the game? It wotks offline, but as I try to log on to the server it displays as unknown in the car selection-list and refuses me to join the server...

13. i am off race

14. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

I found out. The STCC 2011-mod has a conflict in some model-ID I think. When I removed the STCC 2011-mod, I could enter the server as usual.

15. hi :)

I want to know why i'm banned so i can't go on the server ??

Thx :)

16. Not a good race for me kept having double shifts when changing down caused a few lock ups in the first race then I almost took Eric out twice in race 2 before my luck ran out and it blew the engine :

Edit: Sorry to Dmitry for tagging you in on the first corner of race 1 I misjudged came off the brakes too early thinking I had made the corner ok but obviously not.

17. That was one of the most entertaining AND awful races in a while...

Frame rate wasn't great again which made it difficult, plus Gunther's set up while fast, was a lot looser than I usually drive and I didn't want to fiddle with my wheel's settings to make it more comfortable, so the whole event was a struggle...still appreciate the set up though :)

Qualified a respectable 13th, usually I go for a top 8 for race 2 but I knew that wasn't on today, instead I witnessed some of the poorest general driving I've seen in ages, some people were just using others as brakes, diving down the inside when the move wasn't on like it was a public room. Some people need lessons in how to race properly. Even people I'd expect better of seemed to be driving pretty awfully.

A rule is that if you hit someone off, you must wait for them, even if it disadvantages your race. I saw several occurances where that didn't happen, and then later in the race I was unceremoniously booted off the track into the penultimate corner by Gunther, who didn't bother to wait. I know he's a good driver usually so no official complaint, just a bit annoyed that I was punted out of a good battle with several drivers.

Second race I got hit from behind into turn 2 and it damaged my suspension, tried my best but was sloppy and had lost heart by then, ended up in the gravel at the penultimate corner and called it a day.

There was some pretty good battles though, even if some of them were ruined! Going away for a couple of months so no more racing for me, shame that the last one I did was such an anti-climax, but look forward to racing with you guys in the future!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.