1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

S2000 @ Roadone Int. - Tuesday January 20th

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by William Yunck, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Servername: racedepartment.com US
    Password: click here

Class: S2000 (WTCC 06, WTCC 07, STCC)
    Track: Roadone Int click here to download from RD
    Weather: Dry

Practice: Tuesday January 20th 9:00 PM EST, ( Wednesday 2:00 GMT ) 30 minutes
    Qualification: 30 minutes
    Race: (10:00PM EST - 3:00 GMT) 2 by 10 laps, WTCC rules - no forced pits

Notes: Since we had so much fun here in the WTCC cars, I thought it would be even more fun in the ALL the cars. :dance2::beer::highfive::clap:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
    1. Peter Bartfai
    2. Keith Barrick
    3. William Yunck - skin
    4. Warren Dawes - skin
    5. Corey Theman
    6. Matt Alpeter
    7. Marcel vd Aa
    8. Bill Kaiser
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

Reserves:
    1. Driver
    2. Driver
    3. Driver
    4. Driver
    5. Driver

2. Sign me up please!:)

3. Any chance of this being a WTCCX race? :) This track is wicked fun, cause its so long and wide, perfect to let the fire breathing monsters run free

If not I will sign up with the Lacetti.

Keith

4. Sorry Keith, it is already posted on the calander - that is a good idea though, will run some wtcc x soon.

And I am in driving my S60 :) - HERE

Attached Files:

5. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I'll hopefully be joining this one.
    I'll try driving the BMS, I am hopeless with it but I just want to see if I can keep it on track for a whole race.

I'll use this skin I found, because it actually looks like a Merc:

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=16066

6. Oh, I was hoping to race you on S60 even grounds Warren, but I did just download that skin the other day, If it has to be a Merc, then that is the skin I would take too.

7. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Well William, we could always run Mercs on even ground, I might need some company at the back, maybe see who spins the least (or most :laugh2:).

8. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Hmmmn William, maybe you'll get your wish to make it a Volvo athon.

I just did a very quick try with the S60, popped in my Mid Ohio setup, and did only 5 laps, all about 1.5 secs quicker than my PB in the Merc. The S60 seemed to like this track, and I haven't even played with the setup. The Volvo is waaaay easier to drive than the BMS, but I'd love the challenge of trying to drive the Merc.

9. I'm in - All this talk about the BMS has peaked my interest so I'll give it a go with that.

10. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Count me in with the C30...Skin

11. I'm in. Let's go with the STTC Honda...

12. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

OK William, you talked me into it, I'll delay my Merc debut till another time, and join you with the Volvo S60.
    Not sure I can keep up with you though, I remember your super speed at this track in the Honda last time. :clap:

I'll again use my new skin provided by William:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=525

Attached Files:

13. That sounds good Warren, I actually tried the Mercedes, but although there were moments of greatness, it was hard to complete a lap with any kind of speed. I am still having trouble setting this volvo up though.
    It seems like when I go to turn it hooks up, then slides then hooks up again all it one turn, sort of a wobble turn. I have messed with the front toe in extensively and nothing seems to help it. Maybe I don't have the rear springs right or something, but it isn't right yet.
    See you tomorrow. :)

14. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

William, I have posted my setup here:
    http://forum.racedepartment.com/volvo/12274-volvo-s60-road-one.html

I've not spent a lot of time adjusting it, it's really just a variation of my Mid Ohio setup, but seemed reasonable. The Volvo S60 has some interesting quirks which I'm getting used too now, but it's a bit like the Chevy, it likes to let the rear end go but seems more unpredictable. It needs to be turned very smoothly, if you chuck it into a turn too quickly, it can give up on you and start to bog down a bit, and is slow to gain momentum again.

My best time with this setup is 2.39.4 secs, but don't know if it is any good (but certainly better than my efforts in the Merc. :wink2:). That time was in practice mode with reasonable fuel level.

15. thanks Warren, I just checked it out. It is really amazing but other the the front toe in and the rear wing plus a few ticks on the rebounds they are really close. Gearing, tire pressure, springs are almost spot on with yours. Maybe I am running to much toe in as I am at -.25 and you are at -.40. I will have to try this, plus my wing was on 3 and you have 4. Thanks, I will give it a go.

16. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

More importantly, are our times close, or do I have to find another 2 seconds? :laugh2:

If it is of any value, I could post my replay of the best time so far, but you are probably quicker anyway.

17. That's crazy fast Warren!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.