• Home of the RD Le Mans Series by Vesaro
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S2000 @ Norisring- Sat Nov 6th 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ivo Simons, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Servername:
    RACEDEPARTMENT S2000

Class:
    STCC + WTCC 06/07/08 (excluding WTCC C30)
    Track: Norisring

Weather: Dry

Official Practice: 20:00GMT,
    45 minutes
    Qualification:
    10 minutes superpole
    Warmup: 5
    minutes
    Race: 21:00GMT, 2 x 30 min

Pit Stop:
    Mandatory
    (Min of 2 tyres)

Notes:
    Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. No sign up list. First come first serve. :)

3. can't c server..?

4. Server up.
    No Superman Mark. ;)

5. LOL, i c it now......

6. Better go plug my 50m ethernet cable in then ;)

7. Thomas Hackel

Thomas Hackel
    Honk - Forum Games Moderator

Lobby shows: unknown class! which cars??

8. Just default. WTCC 08/07/06 and STCC.

9. LOL Ivo, a bit late with the post for this race, i would have joined if i could see it earlier:rolleyes:

10. Wasnt the plan Swider. ;)
    There was a screw up with the Nations Grand Prix tonight. And i just put a server up so people still had something to race. :)

11. Was a good little event. Jesper was a little too fast for us all in the BMW, must have been the extra drive out the hairpins ;) Rest of us had a nice battle for both races which was mostly clean. Would probably have been hell with 25 drivers at those hairpins but more people would have been nice.

12. :-( - and here I was thinking this was some new inititiave by RD to introduce some more impromptu, first come first served, 'casual' racing... ! Maybe one off short notice events like this could be dropped on us more often? I think its a good idea anyway.....

Back to the event - I had a great fun event with some very close racing, and a few mistakes thrown in - the late announcement of the event meant that I joined well into practice and then had to learn the track from scratch (not too hard but I did hit someone hard in practice when I had one of those "I'm on a totally diofferent part of the track moments" and slammed into him on braking) I also hit Mark Guy in Race One sending him into a wall, I think he possibly had damage because he appeared to brake far earlier than I expected, so sorry again for that Mark, I also had a very lucky near miss on about lap 12 when I managed to avoid a spinning car and squeeze through between him and the barriers at high speed throwing debris from both front wings as I just got through the gap another 0.1 seconds and there would have been a mighty impact! Clipped the wall while racing James too later on almost seding us both round. Managed to lead for a lap or two in race two whiole everyone else was pitting and found myself feeling very uneasy racing Jesper for the lead - I was really worried about doing something (else) stupid and taking him out!

All in all a very eventful event thanks Ivo and RD for putting this one up and thankyou for attending everyone - I also think short notice events are good for levelling the field, especially if an unusual/previously unused track is chosen - because no one gets hours of practice and you have to learn the track from scratch..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.