1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S2000 @ Mallory - Sunday August 14th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM S2000
    Required RACE 07 expansions: RACE On and/or STCC - The Game
    Class: WTCC 2006/2007/2008 and STCC 2008 + Vauxhall Vectra (Volvo C30 WTCC and Seq BMW STCC excluded)
    Track: Mallory
    Practice: 9:00 GMT
    Qualification: 9:30 GMT
    Warm-up: 9:45 GMT
    Race: 9:50 GMT 2x25 Minutes
    Password: click here

Download packages

Racing Club track package

Racing Club Mod package (part 1)
    Racing Club Mod package (part 2)

*due to the daily download limit it will take 2 to 3 days to get all the packages, in order to make it faster you can get the tracks pack and the mod link will seperately posted in each event thread.

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

2. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

A little note: I have signed up for racing, but I have promised my friend to hlp her move this weekend if she gets the apartment she has applied for. So if I do not show up, then I have forgotten to sign myself out :tongue:
  3. same Sunday8 drivers... what happened to the over full grids of a few months back, we returned the format to what we wanted, I'm just lost to were the drivers now are hiding??
  4. It's Holidays time, Gunthar. I think that is the reason.
  5. I'm out, don't like this "track".
  6. Racing over somewhere else Gunthar, the racing has been a little aggressive over here I think for some.
  7. +1 I've also been racing there and nowhere else recently for the same reason.
  8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

server is up!
  9. Would like to go but race starts too late when i got school monday
  10. i really don't like the track, feels like a big parking lot with some kind of "nature island" in the middle :p
  11. First club race for a while : It seems that I was quite fast (P2 in Qualy), but not regular or clean enough...

I screwed up in Race 1, with some Hamilton-esque manoeuvres (sorry guys), eventually finished P2 because I was lucky and half of the grid had no more fuel in the two last laps, I had myself to save fuel, but I took a bit more, so I could finish the race without being lapped.

Race 2 was much better, started P7, was P2 in the end of lap 1, I had an awesome battle with Ivan, I eventually overtaken him and could keep P1 for a while, until I made a mistake and Kevin overtook me, but since my lunch was waiting for me, I had to pull out of this race. Sorry guys, but it seems that 9 GMT is not a right timing for me. :)

Congrats Kevin for poles and race wins.
  12. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

I never got the hang of the track at all... In race one I ended up with the left rear on the grass in T1 after 6-7 minutes of racing, going head first into the tirewall and completely shutting off the car.

When the same thing happende early in race 2 aswell, I decided to call it a day... Not my track this one :(
  13. First, sorry Terry Harmer for contact in race 1 in turn 1... You braking early and went wide, I have used that... I was late braking, went on the inside and you come into my line. Sorry man, because I really hate incidents and want to drive a clean race always... But it happens.

Race1: I was long on a good second place, I had a mistake in "enigmatic" turn 1 and dropped to third place. I continued the race in third place towards the end. When I saw that I would miss the fuel to finish race to ease the gas and slowed down, thinking to take a ride slowly to the finish while saving fuel, but because I fell in the fourth position and remained in the final lap out of fuel in the fourth position on half lap to finish.

Race2: I start at 5th, after first lap i was at 1st place, drive at first place with an awesome battle with James Chesters (tnx for clean drive), I had a mistake in "enigmatic" turn 1 again. after that i was at third place, after that I go to pit for stop & go penalty and aster stop & go drive to finish slow at 4th place, In the final race, I approached the third, but if I 3l more fuel than in the first race that was not enough, and I also in the final of race had to save fuel. I drive a little slower to save a fuel that was not enough to catch up tgird and pass the finish at 4th place with a 0.1l fuel. One by one are coming out from the server and this my fourth place was also the last place in race 2...

P.S. I've never driven on this track, my first laps were this morning on practice.Because that I had a problem with the setup, with no experience with the track, well that I couldn't setup, suspension, transmission and all in all Car wasn't good setup. With no peace today, after the race I continued to drive my good old Toledo on the Mallory with changing various the setups. I managed to setup car to pass through turn 1 with one more faster gear... But it was too late.

I hope you understand me, because my English is not very good.
  14. Mark Gormley

Mark Gormley
    #14 | The Silent Killer Premium Member

3rd slowest in Practice, then was able to keep up with everyone (except Kevin) during the race, no idea how that happened, perhaps my desperate fiddlings with the setup beforehand were actually of some benefit. Got the 'low fuel' warning 12 laps from home, then ran dry just yards from the finish.

Race 2 made a complete fool of myself, brain fade into the hairpin and completely wiped out Marius Neverauskas, who was in the lead at the time. Still managed to trundle home 2nd with other retirements.

16. sorry for the no show, I have a pinched nerve and didn't even turn on the PC over most of the weekend. Will try harder next week :)
  17. Sorry for the no show, I've been called at the office, yes Sunday morning.
    Nice videos by the way, as usual Joakim entertains us with quality media. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.