1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

S2000 @ GP 200 International - Sat December 19th 2009 (US Friday 18th)

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USA
    Class: STCC / WTCC '07&'06

Track: GP 200 International
    Weather: Dry

Start Time: Saturday 2.00 GMT / Friday 9.00PM EST USA / Saturday 12.00am AEST AUS
    Practice: 30mins
    Qualification: 15mins - Superpole
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x15 laps - One mandatory pit per race with a minimum 2 tire change.

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Friday night group [click] to join

2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Entry list:
    1. Rhys Gardiner
    2. Brandon Lawson
    3. Michael Carver
    4. Glenn Petersen
    5. William Yunck
    6. Eric Nelson
    7. Keith Barrick
    8. Robert Isles
    9. Paul Wood
    10. Daniel Wood
    11. Timothy Miller
    12. Bill Kaiser
    13. Linus Broström
    14. Nisse Andersson
    15. Tony O'Brien
    16. Dariusz Swiderski
    17. Abdul Ahmed
    18. Kevin Hopkins
    19. Rafael Barbosa
    20. Dennis Phelan
    21. Dragos Haba
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Ryan Callan (maybe)
    25. Nicolas Hamilton (maybe)

3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

North American and Aussie members please read

Guy's i was wondering how many of you have Race On as it would be nice to use the 08 cars and tracks that came with Race On. when you sign up please mention if you have Race On or not.

thanks

Track bounderie lines for the cutting rule

the bounderie lines of the track are the grey lines as shown on the picture ( the line at the tip of the arrows ) 2 wheels must remain between those 2 lines at all times.

[​IMG]

4. Me please! :D

I have Race On... but I'm sure most of the field don't... Plus it'd be good if we stayed away from the overly long tracks, and kept it to the shorter ones like Mantorp, etc... :sidefrown:

5. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

link fix :soldier:

6. Please sign me up.

I am still on the fence about RaceOn. Since I am up to-date with STCC, I find it hard to pay almost full price for an 'add-on'. (I was hoping that Steam would offer an upgrade package, but haven't seen it.) So at the moment I am RaceOn-Less.

7. The only way i think you will get a package deal is if you stay an add on behind i think you are able to get the package with stcc and race on for $30 which is about a savings of $15 from buying them both separate but really what true race fan wont spend $24 on them selves around Christmas for a game they will love and enjoy lol or you can order the package for $30 and try selling off Race07 and Stcc on e-bay then you may end up getting race on for free.

Or like Eric k suggested b4 apply for a credit card use it to buy race on and you get a $30 credit the first time you use it that means you get the game for free i wish i lived in the USA so i had the chance to do that. http://www.amazon.com/gp/cobrandcar...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=502102611&pf_rd_i=507846

8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Rhys me and Eric have talked about short tracks and we have observed that there is more incidents on shorter track due to the fact that its harder to pass and you have to be more agressive to make a pass. so we took the decision to avoid short tracks to minimize incidents.

keep in mind that usually shorter tracks are more bumbier then regular track so in a way it harder to set the car and to be more stable and that the curves are tighter and closer to each other.

on a side note i find that there is too much contact as it is now ( i have my share ), i have nothing against wanting to compete but the RC goal is to have fun driving the car around the track while racing others in a clean and fair way. everybody is fair as they all obey the golden rule but the clean part is lacking a bit imo, giving room to each other even if it mean loosing a position should be the way to go, in any case if you are faster then the guy that just pass you, you,ll get your chance to pass him back later in the race. another thing is the cutting, i regulary see guy's cut the track and gain an advantage from it while others try their best not to cut and are as fast.

you will all remember 2 weeks ago i proposed to use other car class for the Friday event and i want to clarified why i proposed it. many members have asked for a second US event and i gladdy did it, first week wasn't so bad in terms of sign up but the second week i did i had none, zero, zip sign up and only one post in the thread telling how great was the track. if a second event was asked it think its because some people wants to race other cars then the S2000 and taking that there is the ATCC season 2 after the holidays, that the Aussies have there own WTCC event on Sunday and that the euro guy's can race the WTCC each week on a prior day i thought that the US/AUS event could be use to explore other cars in between ATCC seasons since i will not waste my time posting another event when people don't care about it.

9. Good observations. I also think that, since the races are limited to 12 laps (with a mandatory pit-stop) this also adds to the "impatience" many drivers have about the need to "force" a pass (especially on the opening lap).

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the format, just an observation on how it affects some drivers.

The reasons I enjoy the cars we are running are that they are fairly evenly matched, fairly easy to drive consistently (with a proper setup) - though still challenging. These add up to good close racing and allows more newbies to get up to speed racing with others. I've run a few other club events here with different cars (when my schedule allows) and I have found the WTCC/STCC events to be the best overall for all skill level racers.

Now if I had to real life (i.e., job to pay the bills) and had the time to devote to learning more difficult to handle cars and setups, I might have a different take. But as it is, I just barely make it happen with the cars we are driving in these events.

BTW: The track choices have been excellent. Keep up the good work!

10. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

Sign me up, please.
    I do have Race On.
    Also - I'm right there with Michael, I did the RDSTL and I found it difficult to devote much time to prepare with those cars. Matter of fact, the time I can spend practicing comes and goes. Right now its hard to find seat time, so I'd just as soon practice with the WTCC cars with the little time I have.
    I've thoroughly enjoyed the last few tracks. For me, they've allowed for some breathing room and to develop some rhythm and good racing.

11. @Rhys... and we are slowly running out of short tracks:) There are many new drivers in this group who might want to discover many of the famous tracks that there are out there. Monza, Spa, Nurby, etc... etc... it would be a shame not to give those a trial:)

12. With just about 30 laps in, I am flirting with 1:24 (but found out that flirting with the curbs is not necessarily a good thing at this track). Perhaps we should bump up the laps per race to at least 14 if not 16 ??? At 12 laps it's about the same time devoted to Qualifying. I think we will just be getting our feet wet by the time the checker flies.

Just a thought....

13. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

thanks Michael, i'll probably take your thought and made it reality :laugh2:

14. sign me up please.

15. I'll take a spot please Yves!

No race on here.

YOUr post content about a second event is right up my alley as you know! I want to drive more period! gimme a damn shopping buggy and a friend and let's go have some fun!

I liked the POrsche super cup car and the ferrari alot! We had ferrari at Dijon awhile back and that was awesome! we used to have some great MINI races on wednesdays but that died once the ATCC started.

I was goingto suggest a content poll of some type.

what nights to race? What cars? ( pick something fun but not WTCC ) see what spits out of the poll and go from there?

Frankly I am now racing in another site altogether to fill up my calendar when I can race. I hate doing it but whats a guy to do in the USA these days?

FRankly, other than getting up at 0500 to race with the euros and buying race on to do so, I feel content deprived and its not your fault at all.

16. I can remember when these events first started, and all we raced on were short tracks... the racing was the cleanest and most exciting I had ever been involved in. I can understand that now we have more people that can be a problem... but it would be nice to rerun some of the STCC tracks once in a while. You know, for old times' sake...

Oh, and I love the track choice for this event. This is the track of my dreams... hilly, undulating, and fast. It's also below 1:30 long, which is always good for me. :love2:
    I just have one question: all the way along the track, there's about half a car-width of extra tarmac beyond the white line, on both sides. Is it okay to ride the kerbs on this track, or would that be considered cutting as they are beyond the white line?

17. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Rhys as long you have 2 wheels between the two white line you can ride the curbs as much as you like, i'll try to make some pics later to show exactly what is tolerated and what is not.

18. Sign me up please

19. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I picked up the Race On upgrade through Steam for about $20, I didn't need the full package since I already had GTRE and STCC (which you seem to have).

We do???? I must have missed it.

My two cents worth based on lots of experience:
    It doesn't matter how short the track is, nor how many laps are scheduled, the "aggressive" driving causes the exact same problems. I have seen endurance events (in excess of one hour) with multiple car pile-ups in lap 1, turn 1, because drivers take "ambitious" moves to try to win the race in the opening lap. I'd venture to say that if you scheduled a 12 hour race at Monza, there would still be the "usual" chaos" in the opening chicane.
    Clean driving comes down to attitude, patience, and a desire to stay clean and avoid crashes. Unfortunately, no matter how hard organisers try to "plan" cleaner events, it comes down to the drivers doing the right thing, and this is often sadly lacking in "friendly" Club events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.