• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

S2 R1: Australian GP, Melbourne (02-04-2017, 20:00 C.E.T. )

Discussion in 'PC | F1 2016 DNA Racing League' started by Pretend3r A, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Yes

82.4%
  2. No

5.9%
  3. Maybe

11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    [​IMG]
    Round 01: Australian GP

Date 02nd of April 2017

Time
    20:00 C.E.T.

So, its time to start racing again, same formula 50% race distance. We will try and plan weekly races unless there is a conflict in time with a Formula 1 race.

2. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Our in house internet is currently awful; a week or so ago we had an outage for 5 minutes and since it came back, it hasn't been the same at all. Anytime anyone uses the internet at all in the house, large jitter, packet loss and ping.

We have an engineer due to come out this week to look at it but if it's not fixed, I won't be able to attend. If they switch the line back though, I'll see you on the track. :)

3. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing

Ratings:
    +32
    Sorry chaps. Still haven't played since 21/02 and not had anytime this week. I'm out.

• Sad Sad x 1
  4. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Wel i got news i have been alone driving since the last f1 race we had... Only Dpool avallach and thunder have showed their faces last weeks.
    So nobody has any advantage, i would say just come and try?

5. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Hi guys,

Tried a practice race earlier and lag was terrible. Since then I spoke to my other housemate and he was watching youtube at the same time as me being a host. We tested me joining a 16 person lobby without hosting/any other internet use and the connection turned perfect. Switching between youtube being on/off was night and day. We have an engineer due to come and look at it (should have happened before today) so hopefully it can be fixed permanently soon.

I think we should be okay to race tomorrow if you're okay with it but any sign of that kind of lag and I'll leave.

Mark.

6. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    I should say, I'll run without Teamspeak on to further reduce bandwidth; I'll have pingplotter going next to me though so I can monitor if it gets bad and leave... so if anyone sees me pulling over randomly in the race to let them pass, you know why. :D

Mark.

7. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Teamspeak is not the problem but your bandwith, running youtube on 1080p or 4k is just a wild guess.
    Do your pc's run on cabled or wifi? Cabled should help alot.
    Just some quick tips that come to mind. :coffee:

• Love Love x 1
  8. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Hi buddy, thanks for that.

Yeah we're all wired, it's definitely a fundamental issue with the line/node at the end of our road which is causing it. A week and a bit ago we had the internet go out for 5 minutes and since it came back, the line hasn't been the since so I think they moved us to a dirty line when they were doing some maintenance. I've been ping plotting and can see any video content is by far the worst but even teamspeak, every time I speak, there is a blip in ping. Whilst racing alone it'll hover around 100 and when racing with Ben it's around 150 but doesn't spike. It should just be a temporary thing as soon as the engineer comes out and switches us back. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. miguelfb1

miguelfb1

Ratings:
    +0
    shouldnt it be starting now? nvm im dumb

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  10. Knalliee

Knalliee

Ratings:
    +3
    Q: It was a nice race, one of my weakest of the season. But got second place last run was invalid just a pitty because it would be a PR. Too bad we had to restart but got pole for that one.

R: Nothing too fancy I did SS-S-SS, needed to stretch my tyres to get the win in the end. senR was having a nice pace I could maintain without burning my tyres at all. Unfortanute for him he had to pit first stint 1 lap earlier and the second stint 2 laps earlier then me. He went for soft and I went for supersoft to push to the end!

Didn't see him afterwards, but I've driven the car back home for Red Bull as my teammate came in second! :) First 1-2

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  11. Wouter Exel

Wouter Exel

Ratings:
    +134

Yeah...

• Wow Wow x 1
  12. EasyGhost

EasyGhost

Ratings:
    +5
    Here is the 1st failed start from my viewpoint. It caught me off guard to be honest.

13. Henri Sinik

Henri Sinik
    Premium

Ratings:
    +179
    My race footage is corrupted, will leave my qualifying lap before the restart here

Got drive-through penalty for speeding during 2nd pit stop which dropped me down to 4th, later on final lap me, @Mark Saunders and @Stoffe Alp were having a fight for 3rd-4th-5th place, I went with @Mark Saunders side by side into last corner while backmarker @jonaslynnerup was blocking the racing line, I expected him to move over next to pitwall to make room for 3 cars 2 of them coming side by side behind him but no he stayed on racing line which pretty much forced me to drive into him and I think this also destroyed @Stoffe Alp's car.

My whole race footage looks like this but it gives some kind of idea what happened, @Mark Saunders has better POV from it.

14. EasyGhost

EasyGhost

Ratings:
    +5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    Since I crashed out of the race eally early. Video is uploading atm I only got the qualy results.:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    And here is my race video: you tell me what happened at the 2nd crash that ended my race. Pretty sure i was more aggresive on my qualy lap. Barely nipped the curb. And during a practice session on the mediums.. i had no issues with the rear at that corner, unless I went wide, which I didnt... #sosalty

17. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Got codemastered again when thunder crashed, it caused the virtual safetycar, i got a virtual penalty again for running to fast, wich is bs, i was standing still on track and still i got the penalty. Boring.

18. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    In my view, "remember im the worst driver around" i think you hit the gaspedal just a millisecond to early for a medium tyre.
    But it was close :confused:

19. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    Lets hope we got rid of our bad-luck with this first race.

20. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Well i say'd it at the start unlucky 13th the maldonado number :poop:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.