S18 - General Discussion

I tried to connect to the practice server for Silverstone but I got an error Package Not Available when rFactor check for components. I have the Sylverstone track from ISI/S397 and the car mod from last races. I tried closing rFactor 2 and Steam but no lock... Anyone getting the same problem?

Yes, I have Silverstone_2012 version 1.76.

I unsubscribe the workshop item Silverstone and I still got the problem after restarting steam and rf2.... I even did a files integrity check on rF2 with Steam...
I also try to subscribe again to Silverstone but still unable to connect to server :(

When I look in rF2 setting (where we can set video settings before starting single or multi players mod) I see a line in the startup log after trying to connect:
Mod "S18R7SILVER 1.0" references a non-existent component "Silverstone_2012 1.6"
Since I have 1.76, That must be the problem.

BTW I'm running rf2 DX11 1109 beta

yup thats the problem, the server was set to silverstone 2012 1.6

the server now has silverstone 2012 1.76 :)

so everyone whos been on goto steam workshop, search silverstone, unsubscribe then resubscribe and youll get the new version, it will appear in the same silverstone 2012 folder in installed/locations.

Ok, so 1) Sorry I talked in Qual, I didn't realize it had moved to qual
2) I withdrew because I was 6 seconds off the pace
3) What the HE double hockey sticks am I doing wrong? I expected to be off the pace by a couple seconds, but not 5 or 6. I know it's been 2 years since I raced, but this is ridiculous.
4) How do you use DRS consistently? 1/10th the time I press the button and it says DRS active, the other 9 times nothing happens. Do you have to hold the button down???
5) I've never driven these cars so am not familiar with the secret sauce setup tricks unique to this car like there was with the Race07 F1 Mod. Are there any? How about general guidelines for specific for this car that are different from your "Setup 101 book"

Totally gutted as I love Silverstone.....however I love Spa even more, so I want to get 2 good weeks of practice in, any help with the above questions or other tidbits of advice would be great.

Thank a zillion

@Bob Luneski I will try to be online a few times at the server to prepare for this last race. I need to work on my tyre wear and could give a few tips maybe. Probably around 7-9 GMT.
The cars default setup is really slow, its way too stiff for my taste. Regarding the DRS, the button only needs to be pressed once to activate, it deactivtes by pressing the button again or when breaking.

Hi @Bob Luneski, I think I will be online some days next week around 8 PM GMT, so I could give you some tips.
From my experience these cars need a very specific setup for each track. The most important points are:
  • Downforce ajusted to the track. Try to find the aero balance. For example, if you have oversteer in high speed corners, try to take some front wing out.
  • A very open differential config (low %) Anyway you need to be very careful while accelerating in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.
  • The suspension depends also on the circuit but I try to have the suspension as hard as possible without loosing grip. Antirollbars are also important and crucial for tire wear. Again, as hard as possible to prevent roll and have a fast reaction car but without loosing too much grip.
  • Camber and pressures. Important for the temperatures and contact patch of the tires. The Tires are very sensitive so driving smooth and not overheating the tires is a must. If you overdrive the car the tires won't last even a short sprint race of 10 laps.
  • And one of most important changes, the suspesion geometry (chassis in the setup menu). This defines the roll center, antisquat and antilift of the suspension. Higher antisquat values help corner out acceleration (ideal for monza for example) but affects the dynamic camber, which has effects in the corners.
    Antilift is linked to the antisquat and prevents the nose of the car from lifting while accelerating. Roll center affects the overall behaviour of the car with higher roll center providing a stable car but slower reactions in the inputs

Hope it helps :)

Last edited:
So I was just doing, or better say trying to do a few laps on Spa and after spinning out every single outlap I realized that I was running the MDF car.
When selecting HDF it would still show the smaller wing. Anyone else had this?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back