S18 - General Discussion

OMG...racing rig has been in storage for 2 years, never used rF2, never driven the Renault 3.5, never driven COTA before....have some work to do to get up to pace, but the first laps felt good.

Ok here's the situation: I've received conditional approval to schedule a 2 hour OOO (out of office) lunch on race days. Here's the condition: I'm a manufacturing engineer at a large electronics company with both customer and technical line support responsibilities. Any customer requirement (conference calls, site audits, etc) or production line issue that occurs on Race day takes priority. I usually have notice of customer contacts, however line issues have no schedule so may have to miss any given race without notice.

I'll very likely have to miss COTA because my dad wants to give me copilot lessons(he doesn't like his current copilot i think)

There go my championship hopes:roflmao:

What type of copilot duty are you up to? :O
Rallying copilot actually. Already made notes for a few stages today. It went alright, my dad has also 'only' driven one rally before so we're both still learning.
He's not driving this rally we're making notes for though, he just wants to train me as a copilot haha.

For the race though, we won't be doing any practice at night so i'll probably make it home in time. Just a matter of wether i feel prepared enough to race.

When I set up my racing rig I was having a lot of trouble braking. After a lot of debugging, it turns out the load cell in my Fanatec Clubsport pedals was going bad and I only got 1/2 brakes with the pedals fully depressed. Ordered new load cell that arrived today installed and verified operates properly.

So question: I know we don;t discuss times, but I only have tonight to practice, haven't driven in a couple of years, I don;t know the car or the track sooo.......could someone please toss an old Presto Dog a bone on what would a reasonable qual time and race pace would be? I don't want to be a danger to others on the track if I can;t get up to race pace tonight.

Can PM them to me if you want to keep them times out of the forum. Just want to make sure I'm safe.

Thanks....Bob

Ugh, I have woken up with a cold today. The way my nose is treating me at the moment and my head feels I will not be able to make it. I will see how it develops further.

im the same johannes, had it for a few days now, body aching, head sore, nose running like usain bolt.

ill just need to man up though or the wife will laugh at me and give me the usual crap about man flu lol

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back