S18 - General Discussion

I'd personally like to avoid the FSR mod just because they've got a flagship championship on it already plus two feeder series IIRC. It'd be a bit redundant for us to do the same thing on the same tracks. :p

i can safely say right now that we wont be going with anything slower than r3.5 :)

we either stay with r3.5 or we go to the next level and go fisi, im happy with either or but i cant bring myself to go backwards in speed it will feel like im racing in slow motion :)

Just tried the FISI car, great fun. Overall just feels great, I don't really know COTA too well, but it was fun driving around it and exploring the limits in the fast corners. My rear went flying off quite a lot. The car, at least in the default setup does not like to be thrown into the corners at high speed like they do . :whistling:
Also I forgot about the KERS.
I hope they update the car soon to DX11, as currently it is not. However I ran it in VR and did not notice anything strange, except that the rear tires and wing are not rendered.

I'm casting around for regular open-wheel racing at the moment. To be honest I was hoping for some lower-powered formula stuff but I'm certainly not averse to some top-level stuff. Besides, I just signed up to a big wedge of iRacing and am getting a good fix over there. I'm not, however, a top-speed driver; I won't be challenging for wins. But I'm very experienced [read: safe] - mainly endurance racing, and if I sign up to something, I do attend.

The twin-race format sounds interesting and fun so, with your permission, I'll monitor this thread, do any practice/fun races, and try and make a nice early call on whether I'm in.

Hey guys! First of all nice to meet you, i'm new in the racing side of RaceDepartment :) I love open wheels and i'm looking forward to this championship.
I would like to say my thoughts: is the calendar definitive? While the car choice is almost the same for me, some tracks looks a bit... odd in DX11(COTA & Singapore), even in DX9 (Singapore & Monza).
I know the goal is to make a championship like the real F1, but there are some good-looking tracks that can fits well with the F3.5 and make DX11 & VR users happy (Nola, Dubai, Indianapolis).

Just my 2 cents, don't want to be critic :)

Last edited:
Hi Daniele :) good to have you with us.

Regards the tracks used, as you say we stick as close to real F1 as possible so any replacement tracks would need to be currant or past used in F1.

We have used COTA on countless occasions and it has been fine. We used it 2 weeks ago in the fun race and it was also fine where I and a number of folk used DX11 and Oculus Rift and all was good with it.

Singapore we have also used in league races and although I dont know how it looks in VR or DX11 it did work well enough for us to use.

At this moment we will use the Calendar set out in the Calendar thread but if we run into any serious problems with a track bug or some other reason then we are open to change that :)

Any of you guys can tell me why the tire temperatures in this car are allways hotter on the OUTSIDE? No matter the camber i use, the outside is allways hotter than the inside, i guess this didn't happen before the car was updated. Thanks in advance!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back