S15 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: Testing with the Wheel Check app on my G25 it needed a 10% minimum torque (min force)

Some helpful info i googled:

• Dial in min force setting using "wheel check" or by feel. Google "Iracing wheel check"
(I've tested 4x G27s with "wheel check", results range from 12% to 22%)
The goal is to get the wheel to apply a smooth steady force while turning back and forth through center point. So turn this up till you start to feel a clunk, then dial it back down.

"Min force attempts to correct a flaw (or feature, it is intentionally put there) in some wheels where the wheel will not react to our FFB commands unless the force goes above some minimum amount. This is especially important on a Logitech G27 wheel, those wheels need 10-20% min force in order to get them to react to any force at all. If min force is set too high, then the wheel will chatter when driving straight. So the simplest way to set it is just to try 10% and then 5% or 20% depending on if the wheel chatters or not, going back and forth until you get close enough to a reasonable number. You can also use "Wheel Check" and do some testing to figure out the exact number but being exact isn't crucial.

Last edited:
I'm not going to make it tonight. I twisted my ankle during basketball practice last night and it's swollen and has bruising all over. I tried racing with it just now but I just can't put my foot down on the brake.

I'll be there next race though!

yes server is passworded and hopefully streaming will start next season :)

everything you need to know about us you'll find in these forums and on our website, there might also be highlights vids posted after the race, your more than welcome to participate in the race if you know ASR mod well and are safe enough on track?

New visual bug coming up. I don't know if it's related to the driver crashes we've been seeing on recent nVidia cards. This kind of artifacting comes up for a single frame and then returns to normal. It maybe comes up once every two hours or so.

8Ld0dHI.jpg

Using a GTX 980, Windows 10 x64 and driver version 358.91.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Also, as a side note, the driver crashes we've been experiencing are much worse in Stock Car Extreme. I'm running much more aggressive FPS limits and have disabled the Trackmap plugin in it just to keep it stable. I wonder if it's a DX9 support issue, since that is ancient tech now and they both have this in common.

Well, now I've installed what's needed for wednesdays race and started practice. Have one question though and it's about which driver number I can select. Is it free or is there a list of the ones that are already "taken"? I hope to have made my own skin for the 16 season (a christmas holiday project), but until then...?

you can choose whatever skin you like, the 1992 mod that we use isn't skinnable, but we may switch to something else next season so its not set in stone just yet that it will be ASR for s16, there will be votes and stuff when s15 is finished to see where we go :)

also no need to register to the website anymore, it used to be you needed to so that your times would be logged but thats automatic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back