1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[S1] Round Twenty - Le Mans [22/01/2016]

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by Andrew Holmes, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Monday

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Tuesday

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. Wednesday

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. Thursday

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  5. Friday

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  6. Saturday

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  7. Sunday

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Le Mans.png
    It comes down to this. The final race of the year with only four points separating the top two; @Ben Milden with the advantage over nemesis @Andrew Holmes. The final event of the year, 2 hours, all weather, 16 cars. A final showdown. The Circuit de la Sarthe has been the host of the 24 Heures du Mans event since 1923, and Porsche holds the most wins at seventeen Le Mans victories, the latest of these came from the Porsche pair of Hulkenberg / Tandy / Bamber and Webber / Hartley / Bernhard in 2015. Le Mans is an 8.47mile circuit, consisting of 29 corners. This will be an extremely hard race, 2 hours of crazy weather and battles up and down the field. Who will win? For the final time in the Season One of the FNGTC, join on Friday to find out.

Last Time Out
    Last time out was the famous Watkins Glen circuit; a battleground for the penultimate round of the championship. Milden went in to the race with a two point advantage over Holmes, but Andrew was determined to make up those points. The grid was formed like this: Julian took a commanding pole position over Adam in the M3, Andrew was next in the Merc with Dean Ragan behind in the Z4. Gareth took fifth in the Audi ahead of Andrew’s title nemesis Milden in the Aston. It was set for an epic battle.

Julian jumped the start and incurred a stewards’ enquiry, while Adam and Andrew got away well on the green. Dean struggled off the line but slotted in behind Holmes and in front of the battling Williams and Milden. Contact between Dominic and Jason left Ollivierre scorned, while fellow Aston driver, Julian led the way. Adam chased Julian as Holmes dropped back and into Dean’s clutches; Ben attempted to pass Gareth. Dean made a daring late braking move on Holmes which ended up in contact, Holmes continued but Dean ended up in the gravel, coming back on to clip the rear of Ben’s Aston. There was no significant damage to either title contender’s car.

Ben managed to capitalise on a small mistake from Gareth and passed into turn one. Holmes vs. Ben once again. The gap stayed at four seconds after the pit stop. Lap 28, two and a half laps to go, Adam had retired, Julian was ten seconds ahead. Holmes was coming up over the hill closing on two backmarkers. Jason and Michal made contact out of the chicane, when Holmes moved to the inside of the corner to avoid the crash, Jason’s car spun and Holmes was left with damage. Holmes continued immediately, slamming down the power to get away from Milden. Unfortunately, Holmes’ car was heavily damaged, and was easy prey for Milden in the straight lines. Andrew fought valiantly, but fell behind with one and a half laps to go.

So it was Julian who took the win, ahead of Ben’s inherited second, and Holmes in a disappointing third. In terms of the championship, this means that Holmes has to outscore Milden by four points to win the title. If Holmes wins the race or takes second, Milden has to be just one place behind him for Holmes to be champion. If Milden outscores Holmes, or finishes fourth to Holmes’ third, Ben will be champion.

Press Conference
    Q: What is your approach to the two hour race you’re going to face on Friday?
    Q: What will be your ideal weather pattern for the 2 hours?
    Q: Who do you think will win the race?
    Q: Who do you think will win the championship?

2. Press Conference
    Flat out, make it to the end, win. Nothing more I can do for the title now.
    Dry, Dry, Dry, Dry
    Initially I was looking good, but now I've seen Julian's pace, not so sure I'm gonna win it.
    Hard to say, I'll be happy if @Ben Milden wins because he's drove an amazing season, ridiculously strong at the start with his consistency. I think we both deserve it, it'll come down to luck here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Press Conference
    A: Enjoy it

A: Clear, clear, clear & clear

A: Ronnie

A: it's a 50/50 chance. It could go anyway.

4. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

5. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Press Conference
    Q:
    What is your approach to the two hour race you’re going to face on Friday?
    Safe to start with then react to Andrew, patience will be key to success
    Q: What will be your ideal weather-pattern for the 2 hours?
    Dry-wet-dry

Q: Who do you think will win the race
    I honestly don't know to many variants but one name I would say is Adam Morris lol

It's been a long season I'm in shock to be in the hunt and never thought this could happen before the season started but to come this far and lose would suck. Having said that Andrew would be a worthy winner we've had different tactics all season with his all or nothing approach to my calm and consistent approach both seem to work. Good luck dude

And finally thank you to all drivers that have participated this season I really am so proud of how the league has developed this season and that's thanks to your commitment especially the guys who did the whole season. Here's to season 2 and more close racing

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  6. good luck mate, I don't think I will go down to skill, think it'll go down to luck this week

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Press Conference
    Best approach would be to be very cautious, be consistent, and stay on top of varying strategies with changing conditions... All easier said than done but this is what we're here for. #Racing

Wet for 3/4 of the race, dry for last stint in the day...

Hard to say, but I most likely will...

Ben and Andrew will disconnect so that leaves Ben as the winner...

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

. With Le Man Closing Down On Us and S1 Draws To a Close its a Straight Fight Between My Team Mate @Ben Milden and His Rival and my close friend @Andrew Holmes For the Title, My bets Are Of Course with My Team mate but i know Andrew will not give up so easy and he will throw all he has at this race come Friday the gloves are off "ITS GO TIME". As we Know With Random weather anything can happen over 2 hours :) and i want to stress to all drivers please test just as much in the wet as you do the dry here chances are we might not see much dry tarmac during the race and i hate for most of the grid to be counted out due to this and having incidents as Le Mans tricky enough without the rain lol and Also during the Race if you are near Ben Or Andrew race them as u usually would no need to take it easy or drive differently as everyone will have something to gain from this race wouldn't want to see everyone moving over for them they have to work for it just as much as we do just take into account they are only 2 fighting for the title Thanks All For S1 and we look forward to seeing you all come S2

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. *sigh* Thrustmasters support department are being dreadfully slow. So my chances of racing this one are non existent. Hopefully they sharpen their ideas & I have a replacement wheel by the start of S2.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Hope so Liam I'm working on that full time drive for you

11. Hopefully you work faster than they do ;) haha

• Haha Haha x 3
  12. Boys I will be missing the upcoming race due to my wheel issues I explained on Monday. Hopefully I'll be back up and running soon. To Andrew and Ben I wish you both luck, you've both driven amazing. I'll look forward to the race vids.

13. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Ok jay thanks for telling us and thanks for the good luck message

Do me a favour can you pick your team colours for next season. Must be similar in colour and different numbers. Need asap cheers

14. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

To be honest guys I'm worried that you are not going to show next season what's the deal Julian your not happy with the car but that's the draw so you need to get your head round it. So what's the plan 100% ?

@Junique_talent @Jblackness1990

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Good luck Andrew & Ben! May the best win. Shame I can't join this race, as I really enjoyed Sonoma, & I love endurances, but hey. Also thanks for sorting me a drive for S2 Ben, looking forward to it!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

so we are missing 2 Guys Already Liam and Jason then Tom has his internet back sort of but has informed me its being going on and off since was reactivated so still might not make it so we have 3 so far that may not make it so much for a full grid for the last race lol @Ben Milden can everyone who is going to be there Friday Please make us aware Before 9pm Uk Time Tonight

17. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

18. Present please...

19. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. I'm 99% sure I'll be racing.

That 1% is if my family make the stupid decision of going out for dinner.

• Like Like x 1