1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[S1] Round Nineteen - Watkins Glen [15/01/2015]

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by Andrew Holmes, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Glen.png
    So, two rounds left. @Ben Milden leads the charge by two points over @Andrew Holmes heading into the penultimate event. The inevitable happened at Sonoma, leaving Ben in the lead on the final lap to claim the victory. Watkins Glen should suit neither of the championship contenders’ car, but does suit their team-mate’s car choices. The close walls and high altitude means a challenge for drivers and cars; only the McLaren will not lose power here as it is turbocharged. The Watkins Glen circuit, a former host of the US Grand Prix, has seen many tricky races over the years. Who will take the win? Find out this Friday!

Press Conference
    Q: Do you like this circuit?
    Q: Does your car suit this event?
    Q: Do you expect good racing from this event?
    Q: Do you prefer the up-coming Season Two race format or the current format?

2. Press Conference
    No
    No
    Maybe
    Current

3. Press Conference
    A: It's not my favourite track but i still like it.

A: For Adel yes, for me probably not. :poop:

A: the first couple of laps will be fun. :sneaky:

Q: Do you prefer the up-coming Season
    A: I have a teammate :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. Didn't copy the end of the question.
    My answer is, I like the way it is but I think that Adam and Dom should be able to have the white and Green Bentleys.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Press Conference
    Yes, Watkins Glen has a nice flow to it.

Hopefully better than it suited Sonoma. But I don't know enough about it to comment.

Not sure to be honest, there's only 2 decent overtaking places I can think of, unless someone gets inventive.

Q: Do you prefer the up-coming Season Two race format or the current format?[/QUOTE]

Too new to say, so no comment

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Yes I do surprisingly has a good flow and a few places to catch you out

Down on power slightly but handles well enough

Yes it's all very close but I'm focused on what I need to do

New format offers a lot more fun and two chances to have a good result. We should see new winners as well with the top 5 qualifying ban. Will be good I'm sure

7. Press Conference
    Not a huge fan but it's fast n flowing, small mistakes are costly.

Level playing field really, result of high altitude effects. Car doesn't feel great here so far but we continue to work hard to find the pace

Will be an action packed race, Podium target will be a challenge

New format offers more chance for glory and a lot more action in the sprint race, will be a great season 2.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FNGTC practice at Watkins Glen

Adam Morris: 1:41:3
    Ben Milden: 1:41:7
    Andrew Holmes: 1:42:0
    Gareth Williams: 1:42:2
    Adel Elsayed: 1:41:6
    Jelani: 1:42:3
    Dominic Ollivierre: 1:42:1
    Benjamin McCluskey: 1:42:5
    Dean: 1:42:4
    Lance Loomis: 1:43:0
    Ronnie Dewey: 1:47:9
    Michal: 1:43:3
    Tom While: 1:45:x

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Team Merica #64 Corvette C7.R Premium Member

A classic American circuit, and people say that Americans only know how to turn left.

Q:
    Does your car suit this event?
    Not really, seem to be struggling for grip and power.

Hopefully, every race lately seems to be having a good end.

I'm excited for the new format, however, the amount of rounds on the calendar is crazy. After everything is said and done with, we will have completed over 35+ races.

10. Has anyone gotten into the 32's in the second sector

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Slight issue lads. I decides to practice today, & in the process, my silver screw type thing that my wheels clamp goes into has completely shattered off. So there's 0 chance I'll be able to race on Friday, potentially a chance I could make next Friday as I emailed thrustmaster expressing my disappointment that something not even 2 months old has broke. But if not I will definitely be back for the next season :/ here's hoping!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #86 M3 GT3 - O&M Racing Premium Member

Do You Know is the piece thats broken off metal or plastic ect ?

13. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

upload_2016-1-14_11-28-32.png

@LIAMATTHURSO I replaced mine with something like this they are quite easy to get hold of from any DIY store if this is the part u mean mate as u cant buy the actual clamp bolts for some reason take you broken one with you as long as its the same mm size thread does the trick and if u need they will cut it down to size for you length wise if its to long and wont grip the wheel clamp hope it helps

14. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

yeah 32.5 second sector

15. I'll keep that in mind, but hopefully as it wasn't even 2 months old.it'll be under warranty

16. Also looking at that that's not the part I need. It's the actually part the bolt goes into that broke. I have a spare DIY clamp I made myself for when I had a T80

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm not the fastest in the 2nd sector then :cry: 32:8 my PB

• Like Like x 2
  18. Adam Morris

Adam Morris

Jump Start Penalty's

.Both Myself and Ben Have Decided that From Tonight's Race at Watkins Glen GP There will Be A Punishment For Jumping The Start, we have taken into consideration that lag in the session can make it look like you may have jumped at the lights untill everything syncs in as we have had happen a few times this season, but on the replays we will be able to check more clearly if anyone may have jumped the start.
    The Penalty Itself will Range From 1 second - 15 seconds depending on the saverity of the incident with time gained at the start and this time will be taken off your finishing time which could result in a loss of position, Thanks All
    @Ben Milden
    @Andrew Holmes
    @Dominic Ollivierre
    @Jelani Patterson
    @Lance Loomis
    @Adel Elsayed
    @Adam marks
    @Benjamin McCluskey
    @Thomas While
    @Ronnie Dewey
    @Dean Ragan
    @Junique_talent
    @LIAMATTHURSO
    @Jblackness1990
    @Bajny
    @Gareth Williams

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

All true except penalties will range from 5-15 seconds lol

20. yay potentially something for me to do :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1