1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo: Dev Diary #2, Pikes Peak announced

Discussion in 'Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo' started by Alex Franchini, Mar 13, 2015.

1. 10933871_532765100199167_3592354493861557406_n.jpg

Milestone shared the second part of its Dev Diary for the upcoming rally title Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo.

The italian developers have published on YouTube a new video, which you can find below, detailing the work behind the title's rally stages.
    The dev diary provides an interesting look at the track creation process, from GPS-enabled cameras to the studio's new shading system; Milestone's lead artist Sergio Rocco also announces in the video that the game will feature the legendary Pikes Peak hillclimb.
    According to the artist, the studio has "meticulously recreated" the track in its full length (19,99km).

Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo will feature Career, offline and online modes, and will be available on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One in the fall. Do you think Milestone can successfully propel the rally genre into next-gen? Let us know in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  2. Not showing gameplay? Scripted as hell "Dev dairy"... I'm not going to get excited for this at all because I have a very strong feeling this GAME will suck.

Hope I'm wrong but I bet I'm not.

3. I don't know how many of these they plan on doing, but hopefully they're saving the juicy bits for later "diaries". To spend a good chunk of 5min talking about the logo of the game and the rest talking, but not really saying anything, about Pikes Peak. Seems like they're doing an awful lot of dancing around topics that simfans and gamers in general would want to know about.

I don't know about Milestone's rep for games in general, but their rally titles aren't good. I only hope that Loeb isn't doing it for the money and wouldn't want his name associated with something that's on the same level of their WRC games.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1