F1 2012 Ryder Database Editor - Swapping Drivers with teams

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, big F1 fan, and have just downloaded F1 2012 on Steam.

I have been attempting to do some database.bin editing, using the latest Ryder Database Editor, I want to be able to swap drivers and teams, so for example I am trying to swap Kimi and Lewis around so that Kimi drives for Mclaren and Lewis for Lotus.

I open up the database.bin in RDE and then open the "f1drivers_f1teams" table. I then quite simply find the "f1driver" id for Lewis & Kimi and on each line edit the id for "f1team", from 21 (mclaren) to 24 (lotus) and vice versa, I then save the database.

I have made sure that all files in "..SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\F1 2012\database" are not read only and that I am running RDE as an administrator.

I then go to start the game, it launches and the F1 2012 black box pops up, the window then opens to a black screen and then shuts right away. No warnings, just won't open. If I replace the database.bin with the original it all works again, but obviously that's no good because I want to be able to swap drivers!

So my question is, am I doing something wrong? Or can this not be done, either in this way, or at all?

Appreciate any help you can give me on this :)

Many thanks.

First of all, a very warm welcome here at RD :)

First thing you have done wrong is where you posted the question:
There is a thread dedicated to this very topic, where I ask you to re-post your question. You will surely be helped there.

If you look around on the forum a bit, you will very soon realize that what you have attempted can in fact easily be done - with a little patience. If somebody helps you with that, it will definitely be easier, but it can be done.

I'm not an expert to this, but I advise you to ask this question in the dedicated thread and I am sure, somebody will be able to help you.

This is the thread:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/modding-programs-modding-questions-2012.56416/

Due to what I have explained, I will ask the moderators to close this thread - just to keep the forums as clean as possible :)

Other than that, enjoy your game and

Keep racing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%