1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Ryder Database Editor - Swapping Drivers with teams

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by jakeaprice, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, big F1 fan, and have just downloaded F1 2012 on Steam.

I have been attempting to do some database.bin editing, using the latest Ryder Database Editor, I want to be able to swap drivers and teams, so for example I am trying to swap Kimi and Lewis around so that Kimi drives for Mclaren and Lewis for Lotus.

I open up the database.bin in RDE and then open the "f1drivers_f1teams" table. I then quite simply find the "f1driver" id for Lewis & Kimi and on each line edit the id for "f1team", from 21 (mclaren) to 24 (lotus) and vice versa, I then save the database.

I have made sure that all files in "..SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\F1 2012\database" are not read only and that I am running RDE as an administrator.

I then go to start the game, it launches and the F1 2012 black box pops up, the window then opens to a black screen and then shuts right away. No warnings, just won't open. If I replace the database.bin with the original it all works again, but obviously that's no good because I want to be able to swap drivers!

So my question is, am I doing something wrong? Or can this not be done, either in this way, or at all?

Appreciate any help you can give me on this :)

Many thanks.

2. First of all, a very warm welcome here at RD :)

First thing you have done wrong is where you posted the question:
    There is a thread dedicated to this very topic, where I ask you to re-post your question. You will surely be helped there.

If you look around on the forum a bit, you will very soon realize that what you have attempted can in fact easily be done - with a little patience. If somebody helps you with that, it will definitely be easier, but it can be done.

I'm not an expert to this, but I advise you to ask this question in the dedicated thread and I am sure, somebody will be able to help you.

This is the thread:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/modding-programs-modding-questions-2012.56416/

Due to what I have explained, I will ask the moderators to close this thread - just to keep the forums as clean as possible :)

Other than that, enjoy your game and

Keep racing!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks very much for the info and warm welcome! Good to know it can be done :) Will go post it in that thread now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

As said above, please continue in the dedicated thread. I moved this one out of the mods section, and closed it.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.