1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

XB1 Russian GP: 20:00 GMT (9pm BST) - 10/11/15 - Prac/Short Qualy/50% Race (No Assts)

Discussion in 'F1 2015 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Rob, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Russian Grand Prix @ Sochi
    F1 2015 by Codemasters
    10/11/15
    9pm BST

[​IMG]
    This race is part of an ongoing series of races that will follow the 2015 and 2016 seasons, with a summer break to run some 2014 races on the F1 2015 platform. Although these are "club" races so as to be informal and less stringent on attendance, separate Championships will be scored for the remainder of the 2015 season, the 2014 interlude, and the bulk of the 2016 season start. Individual drivers only. Our aim is to re-live online the race we just watched, play the game in the most hardcore manner possible, and have fun. There will be bugs and glitches for sure, but things will get better with time hopefully.

Invite/Party Chat: 9pm-9:15pm

Start Time: 9:15p BST (or shortly thereafter)
    Host's Name: OctoberDusk06
    Weather Setting: Actual Race (conditions that were present for the most laps of the actual race)
    Track Selection: With F1 Calendar
    Car Selection: 2015

Rules

Premium Members Only: No
    Participation: Short Qualifying / 50% Race
    Car Assignment: First Come, First Served
    Car Performance: Equal

Assists
    Rules and Flags: Realistic
    Car Damage: Realistic
    Traction Control: Off
    Brake Assist: Off
    Driving Line: Off
    ABS: Off
    Driver View: Cockpit Only

Signing Up To This Race

Reply with the following details -- Name / Gamertag / Car Preference

Drivers:

1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Marussia
    2. Eric Cline/McNasty0421/honda

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rob

Rob

Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Marussia

• Like Like x 1
  3. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Eric Cline/McNasty0421/honda if equal cars..il go red bull if realistic:thumbsup:

4. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Need to tag peter and boothy.im trying to get a few others

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob

Rob

I'll go realistic if nobody else objects. I'd like to try the Marussia out myself. :thumbsup:. That car has a great cockpit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Thats cool think il go with the red bull this race..

• Like Like x 1
  7. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Screw it leave it honda see if I can scpre points on realistic

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. Rob

Rob

Yea, that's the real challenge. More so with the Marrusia, but since the cars don't beak down, you Honda stands a decent chance! lol.

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Matthew Booth/Boothy116/Mclaren Honda no.2 Shall come join Eric.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ok well if I make it then I'll join Robert in the Marussia. Should be interesting lol

Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / Marussia no 2

11. Just one thing can we leave parc ferme off as I've not run here in this year's game so need to sort some sort of setup out in quali.

Looking forward to giving this a go... good prep for my offline championship.

12. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Agree parc set to off

13. Is this not happening now guys? Almost 9:30....

14. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Robert u running?

15. I'll have to cut short in the new lobby... going to be too late here with work tomorrow.

Muted mic as wife has loud film on in background.

16. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Got dq for pitting after a bs penalty and getting put in wall all in turn one..had to give up tv so couldnt restart and didnt want to make peter and boothy stay up any longer..sycks cause I had gotten this track down and was looking forward to a good race..should have known id get shafted by codemasters once again.

• Love Love x 1
  17. Rob

Rob

Eric, I wondered what happened to you. I have never heard of a DQ after pitting?!?! Was this because you didn't take the drive-through within three laps maybe? Usually when I even go near the pits I have no option to "pit" as it just serves the drive through automatically. Sucks also that we can't watch the replay after the race either. Wonder why? Seems to be only a single player function, so you can drool over you moves on the A.I. :rolleyes:.
    If it makes you feel any better, I thought I was getting this track down too, but you REALLY have to get these tracks down in F1...the margin for error is so small. I took a 5 sec. penalty for getting hit from behind. I kind of like that the A.I. now doesn't take any zig zag or blocking crap off of you, where they used to be suckers for that, and you could hold them off all day, but they may have swung too far in the other direction, as now you get penalized for getting hit in the rear. I do see the A.I. get penalties, so that's better, but worse than the penalties are the utter ruin the A.I. can have on your race (it's like someone spins you like a top if they touch your rear wheels). I guess that's a detriment to blocking, but a bit too harsh IMO. Sorry your race was screwed.
    I thought I could make a late comeback but I was just too far behind to make any ground, even with the A.I. pitting twice and me once. The primes could have gone the whole race, and mine almost had to. Peter had some bad luck at the end too. Not a good session for any of us. Hopefully, COTA will be better.
    My race from cockpit:

• Love Love x 1
  18. Brought this over from the Lotus 49's Silverstone thread in case any likely F1 2015 enthusiasts read it here and can then express an interest.

There's only a handful of the old Sunday league guys that have gone next gen of those about four or five have gone XBO and a couple have gone PS4. Don't very often see any of the XBO guys running F1 2015 any longer so doubtful they would have much interest in a league. The whole split between the next gen machines was always going to cause a problem here unfortunately. Plus it's always been a case of sticking to the usual schedule rather than following the real season, not something that I would be interested in, i've had enough of that after 6 seasons.

Tagging the ones I know that have XBO in case they have an interest:-

@Craig Renard @Mark Torres @Mitch Gosling @Chris Hempsall @Gareth Jones

If any of you know of any others just tag them in here. I know Chris and Gareth are not wheeled (or gamed) up yet but just including in case there is some interest.

19. That sucks Eric, Not sure why you would get DSQ'd for pitting... your penalty was just a 5 second time penalty wasn't it? Any corner cutting on your way back to the pits as thats one of the only reasons I could think you would get punished. I ended up with about 8+ corner cutting \ exceeding track limit warnings, some for when I got damaged early in the race and then when I lost the front wing later on and struggled to turn the car into the corners and then a bunch on the last lap when I overcooked it in the last sector trying to catch Nasr and I didn't get any penalty!!

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Yea I was all over the place after getting spun like a top..no wing..couldnt keep it on the track.maybe thats what happened as far as the dq..I like the ai in general but the ram rod move is getting annoying...4 360s for trying to avoid them is crap.but fingers craossed for cota.

• Like Like x 2